The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 Emptyby ralaco Today at 9:12 pm

» SPRITE REQUEST
Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 Emptyby Shining Today at 2:56 pm

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 Emptyby animaraz Today at 2:55 pm

» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 Emptyby BigPimp Today at 1:11 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update

Go down 
+15
volzzilla
deanjo2000
ParaDo0x
crosspotts1.0
Doom
thatguy
candido159
jspiderman171717
GTAGuy
XmatixX
pseudoingles
Shining
warecus
dev
BigPimp
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BigPimp

Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 24th 2022, 12:28 pm

Vity.Vistys. wrote:
Can you tell me approximately how many animations (walking, blocking, hitting), sprites went into the lizard itself?

around 50, if you dont count rotated sprites as new sprites and count winpose as 1 sprite (since its only tail thats moving there)
kingpin has around 30

for minigame required anims are:

stance
turn
walk
block
intro
winpose
light attack
heavy attack
low attack
get hits/falling/hit ground/get up
air recovery/land

thats a very minimum, anything else like jumping, crouch, more attacks, specials, hypers could be added, but not required for minigame to function. attacks could be combined, like in kingping case, he has light attack and low attack combined into 1

get hits could be limited from 9 that regular character have to just 2: 1 frame for getting hit standing with high attack, and 1 frame for getting hit standing with low attack (regular chars have 3 frames with different severity for each of those attacks, and 3 additional frames for crouch position)

yolomate and Vity.Vistys. like this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 24th 2022, 1:51 pm

@warecus and btw man, kingpin chameleon hyper was your idea, if not for you, he probably wouldn't had any Wink

I'm glad you're happy with them
I am too
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 24th 2022, 6:01 pm

I wanna a full lizard char!!! Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 670481599 Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 670481599 Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 670481599

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
O Ilusionista

O Ilusionista

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 28th 2022, 12:02 pm

Trying BigPimp's Spider-Man game, which features a char I've code some years ago: Black Cat

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilmugenteam.com
warecus

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 28th 2022, 12:14 pm

@bigpimp..too bad I can’t convince you to work on more for this Spider-Man universe lol

Only other thing is for a few more low effort moves/sprites are:

A lizard bite

And based on the retro marvel legends lizard (he comes with beakers/vials)…you can have a beaker/vial toss at the player… maybe it transforms the player to a lizard or maybe it stuns.

Last edited by warecus on May 29th 2022, 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XmatixX

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 28th 2022, 12:30 pm

I'm starting to work on lizard tell me what you think
Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 Lizard16

metamutant likes this post

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 28th 2022, 2:19 pm

It's really good
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 29th 2022, 10:08 am

O Ilusionista wrote:
Trying BigPimp's Spider-Man game, which features a char I've code some years ago: Black Cat

thats cool
funny enough, while Black Cat not the strongest character 1v1 in this mugen, she is really good vs those minigames, better than most of the other characters

i only wish we got a new symbiote spider-man someday (not only coding, but sprite wise as well)... Empawk started that awesome spritesheet, but never finished it sadly... sad

warecus wrote:
@bigpimp..too bad I can’t convince you to work on more for this Spider-Man universe lol

Only other thing is for a few more low effort moves/sprites are:

A lizard bite

And based on the retro marvel legends lizard (he comes with beakers/vials)…you can have a beaker/vial toss at the player… maybe it transforms the player to a lizard or maybe it stuns.

those are good ideas, man, really fit. on a side note, i dont know about you guys, but ive personally have problem beating this lizard minigame already, after the 1st round? and i dont think im bad at the game..

and man, there are other authors that are not less talented than me, and have dedication and passion, some of them already doing great things, just be ready for them Very Happy
and maybe i will continue too. im still doing some must-do things, currently completely moved hobgoblin to green goblin's coding base (it is much less glitchy, much more clean), also really working on the AI now, trying to fix all ai stupidity (like wrong range triggers and such) and make them all dependant on mugen difficulty setting. right now, they all balanced for hard8, and only carnage, spidey, doc ock and electro respond to difficulty setting, rest just fixed on hard, no matter what difficulty you set in mugen, so thats not good, really bothers me recently, since im pretty sure some people are changing that difficulty setting and cant figure out why some characters get easier and others dont. really want to fix that

XmatixX wrote:
I'm starting to work on lizard tell me what you think
Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 Lizard16

its good, but i like the look of my design more tbh
but again man, you dont need my approval, if you like it - do it
just be ready that its not 1-2 sprites, for a full character you need to do 200-300 of those, and really dedicate yourself for a long and hard work, not just few stances and poses
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 29th 2022, 11:39 am

I think you should use BP sprites for him and if you want the other version you can do that after
Back to top Go down
XmatixX

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 29th 2022, 12:06 pm

Big Pimp
I will take your advice thanks
Crosssports 1.0
maybe use your sprites
Back to top Go down
warecus

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 29th 2022, 1:11 pm

@bigpimp

I’m glad you are moving hob to a cleaner code base. He has been funky for years now. Also wouldn’t mind changing out some redundant moves or getting rid of some altogether

Judging by some retro figures coming out I forgot gg had a broomstick and shot frogs and ghost out of his hand.

As for hob maybe treat him like ken to ryu but all the bombs seems clunky.

So your gg uses razorrangs. Give hob batarangs(razor bats lol), gg has laser finger, give hob gas finger lol.. both the same just a little different. But I think those bombs muddying the code and glitches most fights

Elfary likes this post

Back to top Go down
AvalokiteshvaraX

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 29th 2022, 2:26 pm

Bigpimp what do you think about giving the Green Goblin a new stance? One more agressive and crazy:

Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 Deu24h-U8AAOzeV

source: https://twitter.com/pengewdesigns/status/1003096917193166849?lang=fi

candido159 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 30th 2022, 1:07 pm

@warecus

yeah, he had had some problems with basic code being old, some messy hitboxes, some misaligned sprites, bad timings
teleporting glider, when you knock him down from it, etc.. nothing critical, but GG on the other hand just doesnt have those small issues, and also has several levels of AI implementation (made dependand on the "sparkno" parameter by Acey, since there was no 1.1 mugen back then, now i changed it to be dependant on mugen difficulty setting), so GG is just better goblin code base version overall, has less issues and additional features. i think original Hobgoblin was coded over some very old GG version, since GG still has some stuff like Hobgoblin burning pumpkins animations that are not even used by GG himself anymore...

but im not sure about the bombs man, i checked the code and they just pretty much projectiles with velocity, nothing off about them. obviously they are not as cool as GG bombs that use gravity like fall, but i think its good to have those moves work as different as possible. i will think about moveset, his grappling line special and missle barrage hyper are good candidates for some changes, since those are 2 moves that work exactly the same with both goblins, no difference at all currently
and thanks for ideas Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 670481599

@AvalokiteshvaraX
yep, ive seen this one man, looks cool, but looks more like crouch position or winpose or taunt to me tbh. im not that good at animating stances, and Acey was probably the best at it, so replacing his stance would seem like a blasphemy to me, if im being honest

AvalokiteshvaraX likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 30th 2022, 1:42 pm

Check my improved version of hob goblin
I fixed his rocket movements when he was hit by opponent

gartanham likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 EmptyMay 30th 2022, 3:08 pm

Shining wrote:
Check  my improved version of hob goblin
I fixed his rocket movements when he was hit by opponent

i will check it out man, but what was the problem there?
and are you talking about hyper or his crouch strong kick?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next