The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 Emptyby Baelorn Today at 3:51 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 Emptyby NightDevil123 Today at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 Emptyby Doom Today at 6:35 am

» King Shark Base Idea
Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 Emptyby Doom Today at 6:33 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update

Go down 
+15
volzzilla
deanjo2000
ParaDo0x
crosspotts1.0
Doom
thatguy
candido159
jspiderman171717
GTAGuy
XmatixX
pseudoingles
Shining
warecus
dev
BigPimp
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
candido159

Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 15th 2022, 7:35 pm

Yes it's just a minigame as expected but the sprites are really good, as expected Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 311127478 And I love it Very Happy

This got me thinking back then when you announced Doc oc to be like this too, I'm glad you went full with him, and now with Lizard being minigame I hope anyone can fulfill their interest on making it full too.

Anyways great addition to the game, I guess all that's left now is Kraven which is coming Wink
And thanks for the character cheers

BigPimp and ZONIK like this post

Back to top Go down
XmatixX

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 15th 2022, 7:57 pm

well here is lizard someone could give me some basis for the tail, I also base myself on the posture of big pimp because I like it and a preview eh I made a version of symbiote spiderman
Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 Lizard12
lizard credits:
supaman25/spidergoku
goemar
Bigpimp for ideas
kong

gartanham and BigPimp like this post

Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 15th 2022, 8:30 pm

Thanks BP for the hard work put into all of this.

Kingpin updates and updated Morbius stage are great.

For me the Lizard is awesome. I love bonus rounds and mini games though.

Kingpin is harder now with the extra move, my AI beasts only win 50% of the time (before they could take him out 90% of the time)

Lizard AI wise, yes he isn't that active, however with the minions it makes the difficulty about medium... what you want for a mid-boss.

Just a thought...
I wonder how hard  it would be to code an AI to do a rotating pattern aka old school games (once you know the pattern of the boss no matter how tough you could eliminate them with some work = still hard)
Examples...
pattern 1:
he paces back and forth and hits P1 when in range with groups of minions flowing from the side when he reaches end of screen and following him back across to P1 (a gang coming)
pattern 2:
he comes right for P1 attacking with minions randomly coming from both sides (less minions then when pacing)
pattern 3 (only when he is low on life):
a mix of both 1+2, pacing once, coming as a gang and coming right for P1 with other minions coming

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 15th 2022, 8:43 pm

I love it ... Thank you ... ilu

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 15th 2022, 10:47 pm

I love the minions mabey if you had a big one too like in tas wearing clothes but more brutish that is his hyper 9r something just a suggestion

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
warecus

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 16th 2022, 12:04 am

Yeah I forgot. Maybe some hypers or specials like kingpin got

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 16th 2022, 11:17 am

Adelheidwho wrote:
Unless, we can take the sprites out and turn over the decent lizard over him. There, problem solved. The other fans have more time than you ever think.

well he is already using all sprites that were made. i didnt keep anything out except 1 crappy get hit sprite, which i just ended up deleting
you can basically turn off minions, and you will have that lizard character, as good as he can be with current amount of sprites
for anything more complete than that more animations will be needed

jspiderman171717 wrote:
Speaking of the lizard minigame, it seemed like a good idea to place it at the beginning of the individual arcade mode to "warm up the engines" Although of course, I would also like Lizard to be a complete character, you know that you can count on me to make the sprites once hydroman is done done.

P.S. Lately I've been seeing that the Kingpin could be an excellent final boss character for the game, maybe some extra sprites and a hyper where he fires an energy beam from his staff could really kick things up a notch (Alistair's Hyper is pretty cool too)

that was my idea too man) to have him as sort of a training "test your moves' beggining opponent. have him completely alone in the first round and have another intro for the second round where he calls his minions, so 2nd round is just a regular minigame as it is right now. but just testing him alone without minions proved to be a pretty boring fight. so i kept him alone just until first 250 damage is received

and whatever you wish to do man, it is your choice, i dont want to push anyone towards doing anything, but i ofcourse will also be very glad if this guy is turned into complete character someday. i think you will have your hands full with hydroman now, so i say lets see where we will be at, when that time comes. but you can always contact me, and i will also have some useful files for you

warecus wrote:
All I can say is maybe make the sewer stage his stage now and remove lizard sprites from the other stage
warecus wrote:
Yeah I forgot. Maybe some hypers or specials like kingpin got

yeah, his stage in arcade is already sewer from shocker stage man, with lizard cameo removed (much like kingpin has bottom level of venom stage with kingpin cameo removed as his stage in arcade). i just didnt add those into stage select, since they are just cut versions of regular stages

and yeah, im keeping these hypers ideas in mind. 1 maybe for summoning a big lizard creature (like in lethal syndicate) and 2nd for maybe crowd of small lizard creatures running on all fours knocking down the opponent or something like that

crosspotts1.0 wrote:
I love the minions mabey if you had a big one too like in tas wearing clothes but more brutish that is his hyper 9r something just a suggestion

yep, i also thought about maybe having a small minion and a brute minion in addition to those regular sized ones
but i do want to keep them clothless really, to distinct them better from lizard himself

candido159 wrote:

Anyways great addition to the game, I guess all that's left now is Kraven which is coming Wink

thanks man) and cant wait)

XmatixX wrote:
well here is lizard someone could give me some basis for the tail

i used tail from DFO lizards, you can check the topic i linked here before
didnt find any better tail really

thatguy wrote:
Thanks BP for the hard work put into all of this.

Kingpin updates and updated Morbius stage are great.

For me the Lizard is awesome. I love bonus rounds and mini games though.

Kingpin is harder now with the extra move, my AI beasts only win 50% of the time (before they could take him out 90% of the time)

Lizard AI wise, yes he isn't that active, however with the minions it makes the difficulty about medium... what you want for a mid-boss.

Just a thought...
I wonder how hard  it would be to code an AI to do a rotating pattern aka old school games (once you know the pattern of the boss no matter how tough you could eliminate them with some work = still hard)
Examples...
pattern 1:
he paces back and forth and hits P1 when in range with groups of minions flowing from the side when he reaches end of screen and following him back across to P1 (a gang coming)
pattern 2:
he comes right for P1 attacking with minions randomly coming from both sides (less minions then when pacing)
pattern 3 (only when he is low on life):
a mix of both 1+2, pacing once, coming as a gang and coming right for P1 with other minions coming

thanks man) and i actually also like the boss pattern idea. reminds me of those old snes and genesis games... that could be something cool, if actualized properly, but it would take some fine-tuning of ai code for sure

candido159 and jspiderman171717 like this post

Back to top Go down
warecus

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 16th 2022, 3:28 pm

Maybe something easy for a special. No spriting  involved.

I think I saw him whip his tail in the video. Maybe you add an effect like striders sword slash or tong Pooh’s kick and boost the damage a bit…voila you have a fourth attack. And if you want to add some strategy to it use the same sprite you have in his intro to show him powering up. Giving the player a clue that he is going to swing his tail…delay time and quickness can be random.
No spriting needed

Same thing can be done with that two handed slash you sprited, just have charge up again using that intro sprite and slash..only he slides across the screen similar to sabretooth.

Again just reuse the sprites you got.

Just using lizard as mini boss in my own mugen he is pretty cool. The Kingpin on the other hand doesn't attack at all. I tried changing the values a few times but he just stands there and blocks while his minion chip away. I know the last version would swing his cane at least. Don't know what happened.

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
XmatixX

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 16th 2022, 8:23 pm

Good here I try to make a move tell me what you think or what can be fixedSpider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 L10

gartanham and BigPimp like this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 17th 2022, 4:46 am

@warecus, hmm, well I not big fan of reusing regular attacks for specials, but those ideas with charging up anims do sound good. Maybe sending a wave projectile along the floor with his tail? Sabretooth special and hyper can be actually recreated completely with just a few additional sprites, tiger has those (I had that thought, but decided against just copying that iconic move, but maybe.. why not? If nothing better is available)

Regarding kingpin, I don't know man, works completely fine for me, even too much sometimes just juggles opponent in the corner. Player controls are disabled for him, if that's what you mean, but it was like that in 2 previous updates too, since the beggining he was added

@XmatixX

I don't think anything wrong with the sprite or the anim, but I've personally tried to stay away from those acrobatic moves

But you do how you wish man, no need to consult with me on this, if you like it yourself - do it, upload it and everyone including myself will decide if we want to use it or not, that's the beauty of mugen Smile
Back to top Go down
warecus

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 17th 2022, 6:28 am

I don’t know about king pin. Maybe it’s cause I use him in my personal Mugen, but that doesn’t explain why lizard works just fine while just stands and blocks. And this is me just using watch mode, his minions attack enemy but king pin doesn’t…he walks and blocks, no slaps, no hypers. But lizard works well maybe too well lol. I boosted lizard’s strength and made him heal hyper more..combined that with his minions….well.F1 F1. Lol

I see nothing wrong from apeing off sabretooth if you made it well. I was thinking it would be like sabretooth‘a weapon x ..where he dashes back and forth. As for the tail..that is unique to lizard and a little effect and charge up would be entertaining.

Lastly Im really digging this lizard.

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 17th 2022, 10:40 am

warecus wrote:
I don’t know about king pin. Maybe it’s cause I use him in my personal Mugen, but that doesn’t explain why lizard works just fine while just stands and blocks. And this is me just using watch mode, his minions attack enemy but king pin doesn’t…he walks and blocks, no slaps, no hypers. But lizard works well maybe too well lol. I boosted lizard’s strength and made him heal hyper more..combined that with his minions….well.F1 F1. Lol

I see nothing wrong from apeing off sabretooth if you made it well. I was thinking it would be like sabretooth‘a weapon x ..where he dashes back and forth. As for the tail..that is unique to lizard and a little effect and charge up would be entertaining.

Lastly Im really digging this lizard.

hmm, i have no idea either man tbh. they have pretty much the same exact code regarding the AI using attacks, except lizard has 3 and kingpin has 2. there are no restrictions in the AI code that should prevent him from using attacks...

another difference is, but its not related to AI, that lizard also has user-command inputs for those attacks written in, but they are not used by ai, only for player to press the buttons and have a character to perform an attack

if your mugen only uses user input code for ai, that is not some normal behaviour, but thats what seems to be the problem, since its the only difference. try using just clean 1.1b mugen and see if it works there?

and thanks)

ps. and guys, if someone also having that issue with kingpin, please post here

Last edited by BigPimp on May 17th 2022, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ParaDo0x

ParaDo0x

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 17th 2022, 1:10 pm

I love this kind of variety.
It diversifies the game well, thanks for continuing to work on it and improve it.
And of course, like everyone else here, I am delighted with the quality of the sprites.
I think it's a matter of time before these sprites are used to create a character. It's too good to be idle.
Thank you for the update.

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
deanjo2000

deanjo2000

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 17th 2022, 2:33 pm

For tail edits I always thought about using shuma goraths tentacles and making them fit, I’ve only ever done single sprites of it though.

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 EmptyMay 17th 2022, 2:56 pm

ParaDo0x wrote:
I love this kind of variety.
It diversifies the game well, thanks for continuing to work on it and improve it.
And of course, like everyone else here, I am delighted with the quality of the sprites.
I think it's a matter of time before these sprites are used to create a character. It's too good to be idle.
Thank you for the update.

thanks man, and i also added you into the credits, for your morbius hyper and fixes, since you were too humble to do it yourself Wink

deanjo2000 wrote:
For tail edits I always thought about using shuma goraths tentacles and making them fit, I’ve only ever done single sprites of it though.

hmm, interesting, i never thought about it

it does look cooler with underbelly side
but im afraid it might also has too jello- and twisty-like movements for the tail, if used in the anims, not just single sprites
and tbh i think the current tail base is pretty good, i think only problem it has, that it doesnt have enough different frames

ps. but maybe it should be tested
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update   Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spider-man mugen Lizard minigame update
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next