The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Little Mac Release Ippo Update
Lizard WIP - Page 8 Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 6:09 pm

» Link Release
Lizard WIP - Page 8 Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 5:59 pm

» Captain Falcon Release
Lizard WIP - Page 8 Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 5:56 pm

» Soul Calibur Edits
Lizard WIP - Page 8 Emptyby CARNAGE777 Today at 5:40 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Lizard WIP

Go down 
+36
wil.li.an
Doom
JARRO77
Shining
jspiderman171717
Mazemerald
Gashapon
Melter
warecus
OGSymbiote
ModeratorBot
shags2dope
malevka1
Fede X
kain11
DC VS MARVEL
yolomate
Angelus_Silverhead
Pilgrim
kyoman
dev
Vovanilkto
animaraz
NamelessOnlinePlayer
chancethegamer
empawk
RYUYAGAMI
MatreroG
brucewayne74
Mr.Ketchup
RenatoNat.J
Avaid
candido159
skhsato123
GTAGuy
alnyrd
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
wil.li.an

wil.li.an

Lizard WIP - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2024, 7:18 am

jspiderman171717 wrote:
It's done guys, the new lizard video is ready! With this, only the specials and hypers would be left (not to mention the intro/winposes)

I already have some ideas for all of them, but as always your ideas and feedback are always welcome and very helpful.  cheers
PS: thank you @wil.li.an for letting me use your fantastic Dr Connors animation for the project!

You're welcome, man. congratulations on the progress.  Very Happy

His moveset seems very calm and rational for an out-of-control beast. I would replace the common punches and kicks with aggressive scratching and biting. I know it's a limitation of the base, but don't get hung up on the BigPimb concept, try testing some different bases for the arms and upperbody.

the fixed head on all sprites is also a problem. This doesn't bother as much in the minigame because there are just a few animations, but in a full character it becomes very evident. Try creating a sheet with some angle variations for the head. I did a quick little test.

I know it's hard work because this head is from a single sprite edit and possibly made from scratch. but an alternative would be to consult some arcade games that have dragons or dinosaurs that can serve as a base or reference. (like the Lethal Syndicate version did)]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When I made this intro, I received some cool feedback on Discord. First I was warned about Ghost Kick's knee pad which is still visible in the sprites and doesn't make sense for the lizard.

and I also received the suggestion of using dithering on the dark tones of the skin, to simulate scales and reduce the difference between the skin on the head and the rest of the body (it seems that the head is not part of the body and this is even clearer because it is fixed on all sprites)

this was my first attempt. I still need to improve, but you can already get a sense of the idea

gartanham, malevka1, 4 elements and RO-X like this post

Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2024, 8:43 am

jspiderman171717 wrote:
It's done guys, the new lizard video is ready! With this, only the specials and hypers would be left (not to mention the intro/winposes)

I already have some ideas for all of them, but as always your ideas and feedback are always welcome and very helpful.  cheers
PS: thank you @wil.li.an for letting me use your fantastic Dr Connors animation for the project!

Bonito ... ilu
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2024, 9:34 am

it is very nice man, progress is very ahead) specials and hypers though would have to be physical with char like Lizard, so would still take a lot of frames, not like with shooting characters

but honestly with this pace, maybe it will be playable version by the time me and Wil.li.an are ready to release lol

ps. regarding kneepads issue i would disagree though. if they removed they need to be replaced with torn holes, otherwise it looks like something a little off if its whole

having kneepads make an illusion of near-tearing pants for me personally. but thats just my imo
maybe others think differently
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2024, 5:05 pm

Beautiful job
Back to top Go down
brucewayne74

brucewayne74

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 6th 2024, 9:52 am

Great progress man
Back to top Go down
Gashapon

Gashapon

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 7th 2024, 12:37 pm

The project is looking very nice, congrats Very Happy
Do you have already an image to make custom palettes?
Back to top Go down
Mazemerald

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 9th 2024, 4:07 pm

How long have I been away from this forum, what a wonderful old man full of incredible things, congratulations to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 9th 2024, 4:50 pm

Mazemerald wrote:
How long have I been away from this forum, what a wonderful old man full of incredible things, congratulations to everyone.

Welcome back! cheers
Back to top Go down
jspiderman171717

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyMarch 6th 2024, 12:21 am

wil.li.an wrote:
jspiderman171717 wrote:

You're welcome, man. congratulations on the progress.  Very Happy

His moveset seems very calm and rational for an out-of-control beast. I would replace the common punches and kicks with aggressive scratching and biting. I know it's a limitation of the base, but don't get hung up on the BigPimb concept, try testing some different bases for the arms and upperbody.

the fixed head on all sprites is also a problem. This doesn't bother as much in the minigame because there are just a few animations, but in a full character it becomes very evident. Try creating a sheet with some angle variations for the head. I did a quick little test.

I know it's hard work because this head is from a single sprite edit and possibly made from scratch. but an alternative would be to consult some arcade games that have dragons or dinosaurs that can serve as a base or reference. (like the Lethal Syndicate version did)]

When I made this intro, I received some cool feedback on Discord. First I was warned about Ghost Kick's knee pad which is still visible in the sprites and doesn't make sense for the lizard.

and I also received the suggestion of using dithering on the dark tones of the skin, to simulate scales and reduce the difference between the skin on the head and the rest of the body (it seems that the head is not part of the body and this is even clearer because it is fixed on all sprites)

this was my first attempt. I still need to improve, but you can already get a sense of the idea

That flake effect looks great! I hope I can do something like this when all the sprites are ready.

Speaking of new moves, here is one of the possible new specials, it is a move similar to Bianka's electrocution or Chun Li's Hyakuretsu Kyaku (in fact I took the effect from this character) I have some ideas for the complete moveset of specials but If there is anyone who wants to share their ideas, they are completely welcome.

gartanham, BigPimp and wil.li.an like this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyMarch 6th 2024, 2:32 am

You are making an incredible work
I love your lizard !
Back to top Go down
JARRO77

JARRO77

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyMarch 6th 2024, 5:00 am

Strong Progress bro

We all know how hard in this wip and you are doing really a CRAZY work here

Keep going this way Lizard WIP - Page 8 670481599

Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyMarch 6th 2024, 6:35 am

clap clap
Back to top Go down
wil.li.an

wil.li.an

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyMarch 6th 2024, 7:06 am

very good. but the tail appears to increase in size during the attack. and looks it's separated from the body.

bringing the movement closer to the body would solve this

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyMarch 6th 2024, 10:07 am

Good idea for the special man Smile it does make sense for a lizard, and fits very well

The only problem I noticed is with the coat though. It's better to use the lightest white in shading, otherwise it looks not very neat when you look closer at it

And the coat kinda just grows on the left side, in general maybe it would be better just to put it behind the leg, not over it, when the inner thigh is towards the camera (and also coat part that is usually hanging in the back behind character is missing too)
Back to top Go down
jspiderman171717

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 EmptyMarch 6th 2024, 10:55 am

wil.li.an wrote:
very good. but the tail appears to increase in size during the attack. and looks it's separated from the body.

bringing the movement closer to the body would solve this

I deliberately separated the animation to give it a speed effect, although your point also makes a lot of sense, I will do the animation again and compare it with this one to see which one looks better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lizard WIP   Lizard WIP - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lizard WIP
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next