The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Little Mac Release Ippo Update
"Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 6:09 pm

» Link Release
"Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 5:59 pm

» Captain Falcon Release
"Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 5:56 pm

» Soul Calibur Edits
"Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame Emptyby CARNAGE777 Today at 5:40 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

"Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame

Go down 
+10
Jinky
dev
warecus
harbinger
candido159
Shining
marvelmugen
crosspotts1.0
jspiderman171717
BigPimp
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BigPimp

"Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame Empty
PostSubject: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 4th 2022, 1:31 pm

hey guys 1 of the things i wanted to do for spider-man mugen is a few beat-em up minigames (kinda like hydra, prime sentinels, acolytes, etc)

i finally got the lizard concept relatively easy and right:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

he is still on the smaller side, which i dont like, but thats the best i could do to not overwork myself with harder bases like sabretooth (where drawing torn coat and pants would take forever and not necessarily look good)
upperbody is tiger, lowerbody is ghostkick, hulk pants used as torn coat pieces, and head is an edit of a head by JEDDragon

before you ask guys, im pretty sure its not going to full project, im sorry, but im not such a big lizard fan. also dont really see him as a playble character, since he is a mindless monster most of the time, i think minigame with minions is the best way for him
but minigame will have some basic sprites and attacks, so maybe someone will want to pick it up as a full character later

why am i posting it here, well, i really need help with any lizard minions bases, i have sabretooth, venom and Aulbath from darkstalkers in mind, but thats it. i think in most media those guys should be without clothes, or without torn civilian clothes at least, since they usually evolved from small pet lizards?

also, even more required, are any good lizard tail bases, the one i used here is from some dinosaurs and cadillacs game, not very fitting, but the best i could find of that size

and any suggestions in general, are always welcome)
the game will be a regular beat-em up game, where boss (the lizard) is permament until win, just gets knocked out for a few seconds, but minions are expandable and replacable. i also plan to make this minigame to register damage only when the boss character is being hit

ps. also maybe someone knows a character or a sprite of that namebadge thing lizard has on his coat? it can be drawn of course, but if there is a legit one, i wouldnt mind using it

Mr.Ketchup, candido159, thatguy, RenatoNat.J and AvalokiteshvaraX like this post

Back to top Go down
jspiderman171717

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 4th 2022, 4:00 pm

Hello Big Pimp, some time ago I was also researching possible bases for the lizard, I really found few things that convinced me, but I see that you have already solved that problem with the main lizard (connors) now for the minions I think the street Twelve sprites fighter III could be great for it, I'm still sharing some sprites of reptilian characters in case something helps you: 

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 4th 2022, 6:29 pm

https://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/166517/
I can't post the image but you should check it out

Last edited by crosspotts1.0 on February 4th 2022, 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 4th 2022, 6:40 pm

I think this with a lizard head would work real well

gartanham and BigPimp like this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 5th 2022, 1:51 am

wow, those are actually perfect you guys, especially last one
that might be just everything i need, thank you!

i actually rewatched the TAS episode, and i was wrong, they had torn clothes. even though they evolved from pet lizards, they apparently put some rags on later, for decency in a children cartoon or to mimic humans, i dont know. those guys in 2nd image look like those gladiators they had there. im just afraid they are too small, but parts like tails and heads could be used still "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame 670481599

but in a ps1 game where doc ock voice is taken from, they had these lizard creatures in the sewers:
which i like much more tbh (since lack of clothes would make connors himself stand out), and last image is capturing it perfectly Very Happy

but if anything else comes up, feel free to share guys, and thanks again
and maybe someone knows or can identify what tail they used for lizard in lethal syndicate? it had perfect size and good movement anims

ps. and a namebadge, although that last its not necessary, just would be nice to have, if someone knows a character who has it in capcom style
im looking around for those 2, but if someone already knows it, feel free to share "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame 670481599

gartanham likes this post

Back to top Go down
marvelmugen

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 5th 2022, 1:56 am

Try the lizards from the dungeon fighter online. You might like those

BigPimp and Fede X like this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 5th 2022, 2:08 am

marvelmugen wrote:

good one as well, thanks Smile
only thing, as far as ive checked they have too few unique sprites, just 1 attack, but head and tail looks great in those
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 5th 2022, 3:45 am

marvelmugen wrote:

You can find good sprites in dungeon fighter by niceboatsoss

... But In my opinion i think the better idea is to improve existing lizard man by Regis and arka
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/t10208-the-lizard-by-regisc-and-arkady-released-for-mmv-s-5th-birthday

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 5th 2022, 4:21 am

Shining wrote:
marvelmugen wrote:

You can find good sprites in dungeon fighter by niceboatsoss

... But In my opinion i think the better idea is to improve existing lizard man by Regis and arka
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/t10208-the-lizard-by-regisc-and-arkady-released-for-mmv-s-5th-birthday

i think it will be pretty difficult to do, Shining, while animations are pretty cool on this one and he looks accurate and has a cool coat, Regisc did sacrifice some of clean capcom shading when he did those lizard sprites
and restoring shading is pretty difficult, even if its just 1 shade that is removed or colored the same shade as previous one

it is possible to do though, but im not a big fan of jon talbain as a base for lizard also, tbh
reminds me more of 80s small regular human-sized sneaky lizard, im more of a 90s bulky lizard fan myself
Back to top Go down
marvelmugen

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 5th 2022, 4:47 am

This and a Kraven mini game where you will fight animals. Would be cool. But right now I'm so excited for this Lizard mini game.
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 5th 2022, 5:29 am

marvelmugen wrote:
This and a Kraven mini game where you will fight animals. Would be cool. But right now I'm so excited for this Lizard mini game.

i thought about it too
the initial plan was lizard with minions, morbius with vampires and kingpin with thugs
most of those have a full character released by different authors now, but i still want to have minigames of those, since ive already started all of them, and i think they logically fit to be a boss with minions. not so sure about morbius anymore, since almost nothing was done there, except few morbius sprites, but kingpin minigame actually was fully done for awhile now, even before Gratanham released his full character. but i just dont see much sense of releasing it, since most people would probably just prefer full character to a minigame (especially since it uses the same sprites from punisher, just color separated). if i do lizard minigame i would include kingpin minigame as well though, just for the sake of it

kraven on the other hand... i honestly wouldve preferred him as a full character myself. but since he very likely still a ways away.. maybe minigame is also a way to go, animals sprites are out there in plenty, and deanjo2000 did all kraven sprites necessary for the minigame already (except few required get hits and get up sprites).. idk. i would have to check with him, if he wants it or not, since i will have to use his unreleased character sprites. if he doesnt want it, it wouldnt feel right to do, since he is still working on it, i assume
Back to top Go down
jspiderman171717

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 5th 2022, 4:08 pm

BigPimp wrote:
marvelmugen wrote:

i thought about it too
the initial plan was lizard with minions, morbius with vampires and kingpin with thugs
most of those have a full character released by different authors now, but i still want to have minigames of those, since ive already started all of them, and i think they logically fit to be a boss with minions. not so sure about morbius anymore, since almost nothing was done there, except few morbius sprites, but kingpin minigame actually was fully done for awhile now, even before Gratanham released his full character. but i just dont see much sense of releasing it, since most people would probably just prefer full character to a minigame (especially since it uses the same sprites from punisher, just color separated). if i do lizard minigame i would include kingpin minigame as well though, just for the sake of it

kraven on the other hand... i honestly wouldve preferred him as a full character myself. but since he very likely still a ways away.. maybe minigame is also a way to go, animals sprites are out there in plenty, and deanjo2000 did all kraven sprites necessary for the minigame already (except few required get hits and get up sprites).. idk. i would have to check with him, if he wants it or not, since i will have to use his unreleased character sprites. if he doesnt want it, it wouldnt feel right to do, since he is still working on it, i assume
I really hope Kraven becomes a full character, he has a lot of potential to be just a bonus game, instead he could be Alistair Smythe from Spiderman TAS and his various types of spider slayer robots, I think it would be easier to do because robot sprites are easy to find and Urien could be a good base for Alistair
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 6th 2022, 1:29 am

jspiderman171717 wrote:

I really hope Kraven becomes a full character, he has a lot of potential to be just a bonus game, instead he could be Alistair Smythe from Spiderman TAS and his various types of spider slayer robots, I think it would be easier to do because robot sprites are easy to find and Urien could be a good base for Alistair

yeah, me too man

alistiar is a great option though, i havent thought about him
i would honestly even prefer a hoverchair version of him, otherwise he just kinda looks like a naked guy in blue pants, very underwhelming costume he has

ive tried to make a good hoverchair sprite for his stage cameo, but couldnt so far

and yeah, guys, in case you forgot how these beat-em-up hydra games work, if you good enough you can knock out enemies by the packs, and they would constantly spawn in, sometimes it would feel like one of those zombie infestation games, just raining enemies. while i think its ok for small lizard creatures, civilians turned vampires, thugs, small robots, i think it would look kinda comedic if cheetas/tigers/lions would rain like that

honestly i think we all just want to have kraven in the game at least in some way, but i dont think he fits as good as other abovementioned characters. yeah, im not sure about him, tbh. i mean it wouldnt hurt to try, concidering almost all the sprites are done there, but i think it would be alittle ridicilous, like a scene from jumanji where all animals just spawned and run through the house

gartanham likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 6th 2022, 1:53 am

Cool jumanji bonus game "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame 311127478 "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame 311127478 "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame 311127478
I hope someone will develop it yes

BigPimp and ZONIK like this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame EmptyFebruary 12th 2022, 5:47 am

hey guys, i decided to upload that kingpin minigame since i already mentioned it
its mostly for the test, ideas and feedback on those minigames in general

all those minigames will be working pretty much the same, just look different
im currently not sure if i plan to make any more after lizard one, but there are quite few more candidates we mentioned above (morbius, smythe, kraven). im just not really sure on either of them

i did update default kingpin sprites with color separation and head made by Prime Op, and i think this simple change did brought a new look to the kingpin sprites, much like it was with hobgoblin. maybe this also will give Gratanham some ideas for his full character too Wink
stage is also included

Code:
www.mediafire.com/file/je8eh35f5yr6tza/Kingpin_minigame.rar/file

credits:

guys, post any feedback or ideas that could make these games more fun
does the boss character need blocking ability?
maybe there is a place for a hyper, where boss summons new bunch of minions?
anything like that, that will not require many new sprites

again, these are not meant to be full or playable character, just a little side-activity like street fighter smash the car stuff, to space out the monotomy of default mugen arcade

maybe there are also some ideas of a completely new type of minigame? i couldnt think of anything good so far

ps. i also know that winpose is missing and voice lines not present in this one, thats on the agenda, default punisher kingpin just didnt had any of those animations present, and i only used default capcom sprites here (for the kingpin body)

thatguy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame   "Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame Empty

Back to top Go down

"Lizard and lizards" beat-em-up minigame
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next