The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Mr Sinister 1.0 update
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Emptyby dev Today at 2:22 pm

» Soul Calibur Edits
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Emptyby CARNAGE777 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» DemoGoblin for Easter Egg event 2024
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 6:13 pm

» Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Emptyby LasombraDemon May 26th 2024, 6:40 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game

Go down 
+30
varo_hades
shags2dope
BioResidentSKG
ASR-64
Kareem07
Zexika
sil3nt_j
Mr.Ketchup
mulambo
lucas989898
Lows 9.0
Josuke
LESSARD
JARRO77
Fabry Taz
nedflandeurse
superxash
GTAGuy
Mazemerald
Fede X
vellrrarth
alnyrd
galactus
Dragon_Rise
X
Tsuyoi
MatreroG
CARNAGE777
CAMARAO
Shining
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyMarch 25th 2021, 9:14 pm

I appreciate your enthusiasm about my game, but honestly i didn't get what you try to tell me scratch I don't have any intention of sharing my current build because it's incomplete and of course it lacks a lot of content. I'm unaware of your project and i don't know what you meant with me getting access to your work, I'm just focused on my own stuff.

In fact, my game is using custom sprites made entirely by me, Players, Levels and Enemies (with the obvious exception of some existing resources).

Answering your doubt, yes, the characters showcased in the select screen video are fully playable, they're not placeholders. The characters were made entirely with their own sprite sheets and movesets.

MatreroG and Zexika like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/chrismonvel
alnyrd

alnyrd

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyMarch 25th 2021, 10:41 pm

Zexika wrote:
It's a shame you don't want to release what you have so far Chris. I'm curious as to if you actually have the full spite files for every character displayed on the Character Select screen thumbnails, or if they are just placeholders. I am starting my own RE project as of today, it's a shame because this would have saved me some time up front. Oh well, when I'm done, you and everyone else will have full, unrestricted access to any/all work I've done.

Perhaps if there's more transparency in the OpenBOR community, more development would get done. From what I can tell, it's somewhat stagnant with only MersoX and O Ilusionista really pushing the engine to new frontiers.

This does look good. And honestly I think you have potential to be in the top 5 devs, I look forward to seeing your work eventually released, even if I don't have the patience to wait for it. Very Happy
@Chris Monvel hasn't released anything since the whole project is still a WIP. I believe he will release it when it's finished. He even intends to release it on android. Don't you @Chris Monvel?
Back to top Go down
Zexika

Zexika

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyMarch 26th 2021, 1:02 am

Chris Monvel wrote:
I appreciate your enthusiasm about my game, but honestly i didn't get what you try to tell me scratch I don't have any intention of sharing my current build because it's incomplete and of course it lacks a lot of content. I'm unaware of your project and i don't know what you meant with me getting access to your work, I'm just focused on my own stuff.

In fact, my game is using custom sprites made entirely by me, Players, Levels and Enemies (with the obvious exception of some existing resources).

Answering your doubt, yes, the characters showcased in the select screen video are fully playable, they're not placeholders. The characters were made entirely with their own sprite sheets and movesets.

Of course I'm enthused. As a fellow RE fan, I recognize all the hard work and dedication you put into your game. I also understand just how much work goes into a project like this. What I was getting at is if more Developers centralized their assets and resources, server development would be easier for new prospecting startup projects. Not taking a dig at anyone in general, just an observation of the few forums out there for BOR and how everything is structured.

What I meant was, artwork, sprites, ect from my completed project would benefit anyone who wants to add extras to their own project. However, after delving deeper into BOR, I'm bowing out. If you really do have all those unique characters completed, I think you are much farther along than anyone else in terms of release a new RE themed .pak and there's literally no point in anyone else starting a similar project if you're already that far along.

I'd wish you luck on your project, but you won't need it. The only thing quite honestly that would make your game even better is an inventory system with weapon upgrades/shop system and somehow implementing the The Endless Quest level up system. Then again, I find myself at this point wanting BOR to do what the RE engine does, and I suppose that defeats the purpose. BOR is like 20 years old, I'm not even sure it could load all of those scripts and run smoothly outside of PC. Who knows. Anyway thank you for your time.

alnyrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyMarch 26th 2021, 12:22 pm

@alnyrd Exactly, this game is still a baby and I want to release it when it's ready. It will take a while because I'm trying to cover the most i can and not leaving any important material out. And yes, it will be playable on Android mobile devices too.

@Zexika Once again, thank you for your enthusiasm and I also appreciate your interest in the project. It means a lot, the more people knows about, the more motivation I will get to keep it up.

Zexika likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyMarch 29th 2021, 11:08 pm

I've recorded some gameplay of Helena and Cindy, i think it's time to show them both already.

Tell me what do you think about the sprites, moves, animation and any other stuff. Any feedback is highly welcome  cheers

Also I'm about to re arrange Mr. X and Nemesis sprites just as you all have suggested.

You guys suggested to me that Nemesis should be taller than the Tyrant since the latter is the tallest type in the series.
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Tyrant11

This is my new version of Nemesis but I'm planning to re scale him just as the first example on the image above. What do you think? So i can start working on both enemies Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 670481599
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Debo7u11

Last edited by Chris Monvel on April 9th 2021, 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sil3nt_j

sil3nt_j

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyMarch 30th 2021, 7:15 pm

Almost finished with this. Glad you liked the PRL. I know you said the character doesn't need it, but in one of the videos you posted it looked like she was hopping around. I know that's how she walked in MvC2, but it just looks awkward in this type of game. Also, this was sort of a tribute to how the characters walked in the Resident Evil games:

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Jill-walk-animation

EDIT 3/31/2021

Just finished it. And that's my contribution to the Resident Evil world:

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Jill-Walk-Animation-Finished

MatreroG and alnyrd like this post

Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyMarch 31st 2021, 9:33 pm

@sil3nt_j I appreciate your effort Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 670481599
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyMarch 31st 2021, 10:37 pm

Can I use that Jill's gun hand maybe even arm for one of my random character 's don't know who yet just want to ask permission before I do
Back to top Go down
MatreroG

MatreroG

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyApril 1st 2021, 8:25 am

sil3nt_j wrote:

EDIT 3/31/2021

Just finished it. And that's my contribution to the Resident Evil world:

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Jill-Walk-Animation-Finished
That Jill walk looks fluid and great. Nice job! yes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqWXFLyId41h6itJE2IwhlQ
sil3nt_j

sil3nt_j

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyApril 1st 2021, 9:59 pm

Thanks Matero. Also, I'm not sure who the arm/ gun question was directed towards, but if it was me, sure go ahead.

I resized the Red 9 and Broken Butterfly. Just for fun too, I put together a Jill sprite sheet that could be used in this game. Credit to darkred88 for ripping the Jill sprites:

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Resized-guns

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Resident-evil-2

Mr.Ketchup and MatreroG like this post

Back to top Go down
sil3nt_j

sil3nt_j

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyApril 6th 2021, 6:08 pm

Made these today just for fun, might go back and add one more frame to the top animation:

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Jill-gernade
Back to top Go down
nedflandeurse

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyApril 7th 2021, 4:33 am

Can you remind me if RE3 (skirt + boots version) is in the game?
This is my favourite version,

when the RE1 is ok, but less sexy Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyApril 7th 2021, 1:40 pm

@sil3nt_j I like your weapons a lot Smile good animations

@nedflandeurse Yes she is! Smile It's my favorite outfit too.
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Ddzbn2j-7dea5643-bd41-4a16-a227-76d72daa854d.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYzRmNzdiNmQtNjdkMy00NTA4LWIyMWQtOWQ3ODI3NmI0ZjUzXC9kZHpibjJqLTdkZWE1NjQzLWJkNDEtNGExNi1hMjI3LTc2ZDcyZGFhODU0ZC5naWYifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ

MatreroG likes this post

Back to top Go down
sil3nt_j

sil3nt_j

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyApril 8th 2021, 7:23 pm

Thanks. Funny you should say that because I just finished these today. Here are a few World War 2 weapons, as well as the last frame for the throw animation. Btw gotta give credit to Croix of sprite database for the fire. I got that from the Rogue sheet he ripped, as well as the walking sprites. The Cody ones were ripped by Firejoker54 of Spriter's Resource. From left to right, top to bottom that's the:

Flamethrower, Sten Gun, Luger P08, and the MG42 you had mentioned:

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Jill-Flamethrower-Sten-Gun-Luger-P08-MG42

Btw, here are some effects that could be used for the PRL and Flamethrower, if you decide to include them:

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Prl-and-flame-thrower-effects
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 EmptyApril 9th 2021, 1:36 am

Silent you are the master of weapons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game
Page 18 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next