The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dillon (Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers)
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Emptyby volzzilla Today at 12:05 pm

» LEGACY OF KAIN MUGEN
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Emptyby DARK!! Today at 10:15 am

» Cyborg Superman by yolomate for Easter Egg event 2024
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Emptyby brucewayne74 Today at 9:47 am

» MMV Easter Egg Event 2023 - Happy Easter Everyone!!
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Emptyby brucewayne74 Today at 9:39 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game

Go down 
+30
ASR-64
Kareem07
Zexika
sil3nt_j
Mr.Ketchup
mulambo
crosspotts1.0
Chris Monvel
lucas989898
Lows 9.0
Josuke
LESSARD
JARRO77
Fabry Taz
nedflandeurse
superxash
GTAGuy
Mazemerald
Fede X
vellrrarth
alnyrd
galactus
Dragon_Rise
X
Tsuyoi
MatreroG
CARNAGE777
Doom
CAMARAO
Shining
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 18th 2020, 1:34 am

Hi, i've been secretly working on an Openbor game based on the Resident Evil franchise and i wanted to show my progress. I'm not showing any video footage yet since i still want to fix some stuff.

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Reside10

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Reside11
Right now i'm having some conflict with the select screen because i tried to emulate the look of the classic inventory but it looks empty and simple. I'm planning to change that ugly blue background but if someone has some ideas they're welcome.

The roster will include:

- Chris Redfield
- Jill Valentine
- Leon S. Kennedy
- Claire Redfield
- Ada Wong
- HUNK
- Rebecca Chambers
- Barry Burton (to be added)
- Billy Coen (to be added)
- Carlos Oliveira
- Jack Krauser
- Albert Wesker

Plus 4 secret guest characters.

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Reside12

The enemies included will be
- Zombies
- Crimson Heads
- Cerberus
- Lickers
- Crows
- Hunters
- Chimeras
- Ganados
- Regenerators
- Majinis
- Umbrella Soldiers
- Bosses (Tyrant, Lisa Trevor, Mr. X, Birkin, Nemesis, Executioner and others)

What do you think?

MatreroG likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/chrismonvel
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 18th 2020, 4:38 am

i want try it!!!
certaily it will be great openbor game
I will wait or sharing

Last edited by Shining on April 18th 2020, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CAMARAO

CAMARAO

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 18th 2020, 8:32 am

Surely this is going to be a great launch Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 670481599

the selection screen for me is good  Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 670481599

Cant wait for the release bounce
Back to top Go down
http://flyper1989.weebly.com/
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 18th 2020, 1:22 pm

Looks great ... and complete !! dientes
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
CARNAGE777

CARNAGE777

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 18th 2020, 8:27 pm

i need this thing men clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 18th 2020, 11:49 pm

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Reside13

I've updated the Select Screen. Probably i'll leave it as final. The 4 guest characters will be revealed in an eventual trailer when the game is completed and ready for release.

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Reside15

First image of Lisa Trevor in action, one of the enemies made by me exclusively for this project.

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Reside14

A screenshot of a desert area inspired in Resident Evil 5.
Back to top Go down
CAMARAO

CAMARAO

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 19th 2020, 7:55 am

Lisa Trevor will be the big suprise in this project  cheers

she is fantastic  Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 2800933067

I would like to know how many stages the game will have?  scratch
Back to top Go down
http://flyper1989.weebly.com/
MatreroG

MatreroG

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 19th 2020, 9:56 am

These screenshots look promising. Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 670481599
It is true that the select screen needs a background to complete that full blue, perhaps a frame with text that slides behind all the elements.
Initially you could reduce the main rooster and expand the common enemies (since they require a smaller number of sprites) and that they are not repeated so much throughout the missions. Speaking of that, have you already sketched the route of the levels and the story behind?

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqWXFLyId41h6itJE2IwhlQ
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 19th 2020, 11:13 am

MatreroG wrote:
These screenshots look promising. Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 670481599
It is true that the select screen needs a background to complete that full blue, perhaps a frame with text that slides behind all the elements.
Initially you could reduce the main rooster and expand the common enemies (since they require a smaller number of sprites) and that they are not repeated so much throughout the missions. Speaking of that, have you already sketched the route of the levels and the story behind?

Good luck.

The Openbor doesn't allow any animated elements in the select screen except for the highlighted characters. Nevermind, I tried to add a background but i didn't liked it because it oversaturated the screen and i want the game to display just the necessary information. I think i just needed to distribute the graphic elements and that´s all. I may still do some tests using another background variants but I liked the last result i uploaded.

Why should i reduce the roster in favor of the enemies? Didn't get that. The playable characters and enemies are completely different aspects. Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 629558521

There isn't any story at all beyond the fact that you're a soldier/survivor making your way through hordes of zombies and other creatures around different areas. It's more focused on an arcade-style game having different characters from several entries in the franchise, kinda like a 2D Mercenaries or survival arena, that's why the title "SURVIVE".

Speaking of levels, the game is on a 85% of development and i have already added most of the levels. It will contain , in most of cases, 2 stages based on each entry from the franchise excluding RE6 because the lack of content, for example:

- 1 stage based on Resident Evil 0
- 2 stages based on Resident Evil 1
- 2 stages based on Resident Evil 2
- 2 stages based on Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
- 2 stages based on Resident Evil 4
- 1 stage based on Resident Evil 5

- 2 bonus stages
- 1 unlockable last-stand survival stage.

NOTE: The previous listing is about what the game already contains. Probably i'll add a couple of normal and bonus stages.
Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 19th 2020, 11:40 am

CAMARAO wrote:
Lisa Trevor will be the big suprise in this project  cheers

she is fantastic  Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 2800933067

I would like to know how many stages the game will have?  scratch

Thank you! I hope everyone likes Lisa Trevor, i always wanted to see her converted into a 2D sprite version.

Didn't count the stages the game already contains but it's basically the same idea we discussed previously:

- 1 stage based on Resident Evil 0
- 2 stages based on Resident Evil 1
- 2 stages based on Resident Evil 2
- 2 stages based on Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
- 1 stage based on Resident Evil 5

- 2 bonus stages
- 1 unlockable last-stand survival stage.

The Umbrella Facility stage with the Soldiers will be added soon. Right now i'm drawing both RE4 stages fom scratch and they'll be based on the Village and the "Sacrificial?" Ritual place from the Castle. Of course i could add more stages if necessary, i'm very interested in add some type of marketplace inspired by the first trailer of RE5:

I would have loved to add content from RE6 but considering that there isn't any of it at all in existence... I'm going to work on your Sheva to make her fully playable as we talked about it before and I'm very interested in adult Sherry and Helena. I MAY work on them such as the Ustanak as well as an exclusive enemy but one step at a time. Just maybe Laughing  Right now i've completed the Regenerator and i'm passing on the Ganados. I've got a lot of work in my hands with the exclusive enemies and the guest playable characters, who will have their own custom sprites.
Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 19th 2020, 12:27 pm

Shining wrote:
i want try it!!!
certaily it will be great openbor game
I will wait or sharing

Thank you kindly!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 19th 2020, 12:31 pm

Doom wrote:
Looks great ... and complete !! dientes

Thank you so much Smile
Back to top Go down
MatreroG

MatreroG

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 19th 2020, 9:31 pm

Valentine Wong wrote:

Why should i reduce the roster in favor of the enemies? Didn't get that. The playable characters and enemies are completely different aspects. Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 629558521

There isn't any story at all beyond the fact that you're a soldier/survivor making your way through hordes of zombies and other creatures around different areas. It's more focused on an arcade-style game having different characters from several entries in the franchise, kinda like a 2D Mercenaries or survival arena, that's why the title "SURVIVE".

Speaking of levels, the game is on a 85% of development and i have already added most of the levels. It will contain , in most of cases, 2 stages based on each entry from the franchise excluding RE6 because the lack of content, for example:

What I wanted to say is that many beat'em up games become monotonous and boring when you find on all levels with the same enemies in which the only variation is color. I do not know if this is the case, it seems to me that the time and work that you dedicate to that amount of main characters could be redirected to offer a wide variety of enemies. It's just my point of view.

You know, the games with a plot development were always more interesting. But just shoot and hit, ... I guess it's good too.

Your stage list sounds great. Congratulations, it seems that you are very advanced in the project.
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 670481599
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqWXFLyId41h6itJE2IwhlQ
Tsuyoi

Tsuyoi

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 20th 2020, 12:43 am

Valentine Wong wrote:
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Reside13

I've updated the Select Screen. Probably i'll leave it as final. The 4 guest characters will be revealed in an eventual trailer when the game is completed and ready for release.

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Reside15

First image of Lisa Trevor in action, one of the enemies made by me exclusively for this project.

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Reside14

A screenshot of a desert area inspired in Resident Evil 5.

Woaaah can't wait to see more Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 2800933067 Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 2800933067 Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 2800933067
Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game EmptyApril 20th 2020, 1:29 am

MatreroG wrote:
Valentine Wong wrote:

What I wanted to say is that many beat'em up games become monotonous and boring when you find on all levels with the same enemies in which the only variation is color. I do not know if this is the case, it seems to me that the time and work that you dedicate to that amount of main characters could be redirected to offer a wide variety of enemies. It's just my point of view.

You know, the games with a plot development were always more interesting. But just shoot and hit, ... I guess it's good too.

Your stage list sounds great. Congratulations, it seems that you are very advanced in the project.
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game 670481599

There are still other enemies on development to have more variety, also it depends of the level which entry takes inspiration from to include certain enemies that won't appear in other areas. For example certain enemies that only appeared in the first Resident Evil will be present in the stages based on that game but they won't be in other stages based in Resident Evil 2 if they didn't appeared in the original game. Of course the Zombies and Cerberus appear in most of the stages since they're the most common type of enemies but the rest might depend on that.

The number of playable characters won't affect the amount of enemies because like i said, it contains pretty decent variations and of course different bosses for each level. Opposite to your belief, i think having less playable characters makes the experience monotonous because the lack of variation to choose. Obviously all the characters stick to the same basic combat system but they all include special weapon attacks and they may vary between each other in some way.

I didn't want to include any storyline for the reasons i mentioned, it's more arcade-oriented and the players only need a small context and basic information, besides since the game contains several characters from the franchise i didn't want to "justify" the presence of all of them in a single project. There will be certain areas where the players can encounter some NPCs like the Swat from the screenshot but i won't reveal anything more so i won't spoil the fun. I have other Openbor games in mind that will actually have a storyline but not this case.

Thanks for the feedback, even though the project feels solid i still want to add more content to make it as much complete as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game
Page 1 of 24Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next