The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Emptyby O Ilusionista Yesterday at 10:19 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game

Go down 
+30
varo_hades
shags2dope
BioResidentSKG
ASR-64
Kareem07
Zexika
sil3nt_j
Mr.Ketchup
mulambo
lucas989898
Lows 9.0
Josuke
LESSARD
JARRO77
Fabry Taz
nedflandeurse
superxash
GTAGuy
Mazemerald
Fede X
vellrrarth
alnyrd
galactus
Dragon_Rise
X
Tsuyoi
MatreroG
CARNAGE777
CAMARAO
Shining
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 17th 2021, 3:49 pm

i got 2 plus my wife she beat 0 and is on 7 iv beat 5 ,6 there the eaisest so if you can do 4 thats perfect the whole family can play lol

i want my kids to appreciate the awesomeness of 2d and the things you can still do with it
Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 18th 2021, 2:20 pm

crosspotts1.0 wrote:
i got 2 plus my wife she beat 0 and is on 7 iv beat 5 ,6 there the eaisest so if you can do 4 thats perfect the whole family can play lol

i want my kids to appreciate the awesomeness of 2d and the things you can still do with it

That sounds great! Resident Evil is more enjoyable in family. I will make the game 4 co op for your kids. I hope you all enjoy the game and give me all of you your impressions once you have played it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/chrismonvel
sil3nt_j

sil3nt_j

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 18th 2021, 4:10 pm

So is this game finished? I made these for you as well. I've added the Rocket Launcher, Red 9, Rifle, and TMP. Also, I found some sprites and effects from other games that might work well in this:

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Resident-evil-new-sprites

MatreroG and Chris Monvel like this post

Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 19th 2021, 2:23 pm

sil3nt_j wrote:
So is this game finished? I made these for you as well. I've added the Rocket Launcher, Red 9, Rifle, and TMP. Also, I found some sprites and effects from other games that might work well in this:

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Resident-evil-new-sprites

Oh no, I was just expressing my desire for everyone enjoying the game when it's done. It's still in development, don't worry Smile

Your weapons look very cool man! I love them, very detailed and faithful to their original counterparts. The Red 9 would be a very powerful pistol and entertaining to use. Could you reverse the size of the Red 9 and Revolver Magnum? I mean, reduce the Red 9 size and increase the Revolver Magnum size just a bit? I could add them because they're really cool, i love them. Just adjusting their respective sizes.

I'm interested in adding the PRL 412 from Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Prl-412

Dragunov Sniper
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 7640025522-05-a0bbb4e2e90689ddbb15855908943384-640-0

World War II MG42
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Gun%20lead

Vulcan Minigun from Predator.
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8jSPZtQMzMhOd3SATmCuROc5YEvtSDBMAdw&usqp=CAU

Would you make sprites of them? I could add them to the game. You're a talented spriter. cheers
Back to top Go down
sil3nt_j

sil3nt_j

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 19th 2021, 10:35 pm

Well thanks, I appreciate that. I will see if I can change the sizes of the Red 9 and Broken Butterfly. I thought I included these in the last post. I was thinking for Jill, she could use her gray colors just to make her look not so dated. Also, I was looking at some Capcom sprite sheets online and thought these could be some useful effects to add. Maybe Saki's gun (the girl in red) could be a good base for the PRL?

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Resident-evil-copy
Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 19th 2021, 11:22 pm

Mmm I don't think Saki's weapon might serve because the PRl 412 is equipped this way, More like Megaman's megabuster. Saki's weapon might serve for the Vulcan Minigun instead in terms of lenght and how she wields it.

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 43-prl-412-resident-evil-4-igns-top-100-video-game_me48.1280

---------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NEWS

I decided to change important mechanics in the gameplay. This is how I originally planned the character's movelist. As you can see the player was originally able to wield temporarily some weapons with a MVC-like command. But since @sil3nt_j is contributing with some interesting weapons I'm considering to remove this feature and create a more traditional beat em up weapon set and let the players decide their own weaponry for themselves by picking up different weapons during the battle.  Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 3876111886

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Moveli10

If you're interested in watching the very first video with some gameplay let me know, so you can give me your opinion about this combat system or explore the other option. Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 2649099129  eyes rolling  yes

Last edited by Chris Monvel on February 20th 2021, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 20th 2021, 6:14 am

I'm interested in video
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 20th 2021, 6:18 am

The hud looks good but the name could be a different color for each maybe but that's up to you
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 20th 2021, 6:33 am

So I was wondering if you wanted to do the stars team that didn't make it in the mansion that came before Chris and Jill and Albert and Barry kinda a prequel of the first or Josh from RE5 and the guest some one from silent hill but you'd have to have a hidden boss of pyramid head some wear if you do and a guest enemy not playable the scissors welding lady from clock tower game some scary good times lol

The new screen looks great
Back to top Go down
sil3nt_j

sil3nt_j

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 20th 2021, 11:12 am

Well, I mainly meant using the shock effects from Saki's gun. That way you don't have to draw them from scratch.

And you don't have to have so many playable characters. Most of the games only had maybe 1 or 2 charaters. You could just have: Jill, Chris, Leon, and Claire, and maybe a couple of hidden characters like Ada, Hunk, Akuma, Wesker, if you wanted. Just have the main ones, that way it's not so much work.
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 20th 2021, 11:31 am

id have to disagree the more characters you have the less likely some one will want what isn't there have you seen marvel first alliance that has a lot more characters to play as and every one loves the variety to chose from even if you personally only chose 2 or 3 characters some body else might chose 2 different characters by making more playable it make s so no one goes with out the one they liked to play
like i like jake wesker but as you just said he would get left out because you want only the 4 mains
and i hope you see my point and not trying to be disrespectful to you

love the weapons your spriting
Back to top Go down
nedflandeurse

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 20th 2021, 12:34 pm

I'm curious about new possible characters Smile
Please show us
Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 20th 2021, 3:05 pm

@sil3nt_j  Oh i get it! Good idea, I'll give it a try! And thanks for the resources! Adding weapons to the game will be a lot of fun. No problem about the number of characters, probably I'm going to scrap the idea. The roster from the image below shows the current playable characters anyway. The only exceptions are Alexia, Sherry, Sheva ad Nicholai, which are currently on a sketching stage.  Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 670481599

One thing that kinda gets in my head is the fact that, although we're going to have different models for Pistols, Shotguns, Magnums and Machine Guns they work esentially the same way  scratch  Should we focus on only one type of model or should we add different features to each weapon? Remember, the more models we have the more memory is required for the program.

@crosspotts1.0  Not a problem man! I'm going to be very honest with you. I personally didn't like the 4 player select screen tears of joy While I was watching the result it felt more like Super Smash Bross than a Resident Evil game. I originally conceived the project as a 2 co op game inspired by the RE5/6 Mercenaries and the Metal Slug series.

Probably I will leave as it originally looked. Are we then agree in leaving the roster as it originally was? For the best.
Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Sample12

About the guest characters I can't say too much but yeah, there will be very unexpected enemies appearing  yes Some of them related to the guest characters or inspired by their respective universes.

@nedflandeurse  It was just an idea, I didn't make any actual update to the game yet. I find it pretty impractical and I don´t want to oversaturate the project, as much as i like the idea of having more characters that I love but didn't make the cut Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 2399657483 I'm sorry if I tried to "confirm" the change, i was just excited by the possibilities but I try to be realistic and execute the plan the best I can.

MatreroG likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris Monvel

Chris Monvel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 22nd 2021, 9:05 pm

Here's a little sample of the game mainly showing the characters, gameplay, a tutorial level and the levels based on Resident Evil 0

MatreroG likes this post

Back to top Go down
nedflandeurse

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2021, 8:21 am

Thanks for your reply !
The video is great!

When will we have the chance to try first beta ? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game   Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Survive - OPENBOR Game
Page 16 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next