The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 Emptyby manbatshark8 Yesterday at 10:05 pm

» Classic VS : Athena
KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 Emptyby ELECTRO May 15th 2024, 12:27 pm

» More Legionnaires
KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 Emptyby marvel May 15th 2024, 8:18 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 Emptyby Shining May 14th 2024, 10:56 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day

Go down 
+36
walruslui
yolomate
Cristianomelo
candido159
erickablond
rhiggatwat
Jinky
Helio
jerommv
JARRO77
X-Boy
volzzilla
DimaLarin
Red Hood
ParaDo0x
DeleFresh
CARNAGE777
CosmicToxin
Mazemerald
teknoid
Chimoru
Dynatron
Reincidence
kiracapricorn
Doom
raisu
kokehackz
animaraz
Yunnin
Lord Sinistro
Fede X
carpa5
btony89
-noob1337-
logansam
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Doom

Doom

KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2015, 2:58 pm

Chimoru wrote:
All valid criticisms, and I thank you for them, but unfortunately, gameplay mechanics will always be my weakness.  I suck at fighting games.  Plain and simple. I mean terrible. I can't combo and I don't really understand the complexities and strategies most of you talk about. You say he has no low attacks, but aren't his crouching attacks low attacks, or do you mean it some other way? It's things like that that confuse me. So if you're waiting for me to fix the problems, you're gonna have to wait for me to get good at PLAYING first to understand HOW to fix them, and that may never happen.

I'm not saying that as an excuse, or want you to take it as an attitude, it's just a very real struggle for me.  This is, sadly, some of the limitations I have due to my inexperience.  I try, but I may not always satisfy.  I apologize for my short-comings.

I have the same problem as you !! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
btony89

btony89

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2015, 3:02 pm

Doom wrote:
Chimoru wrote:
All valid criticisms, and I thank you for them, but unfortunately, gameplay mechanics will always be my weakness.  I suck at fighting games.  Plain and simple. I mean terrible. I can't combo and I don't really understand the complexities and strategies most of you talk about. You say he has no low attacks, but aren't his crouching attacks low attacks, or do you mean it some other way? It's things like that that confuse me. So if you're waiting for me to fix the problems, you're gonna have to wait for me to get good at PLAYING first to understand HOW to fix them, and that may never happen.

I'm not saying that as an excuse, or want you to take it as an attitude, it's just a very real struggle for me.  This is, sadly, some of the limitations I have due to my inexperience.  I try, but I may not always satisfy.  I apologize for my short-comings.

I have the same problem as you !! lol!

i think the char is great, you put alot of effort in the coding, after all what is perfect?. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0y46-XHBIoPw2vo3yDmO2w
Dynatron

Dynatron

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2015, 4:49 pm

Chimoru wrote:

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're not going to improve if you firmly believe you won't improve. Ever hear of the term "Self fulfilling prophecy?" Plus, being shit at fighting games doesn't affect the quality of characters. Ryon and Alexei are coders first, and fighting game players second, but they still make some nice stuff. Andres Borghi once admitted that he doesn't play fighting games as often as he should, but he created the best full game mugen has to offer. Gladiacloud didn't know what the term "chip damage" meant, but he's still a great spriter and makes good chars (ok, some good chars).

I think you should also go outta your comfort zone more often. I see some of your chars use some of the same moves, like Jubilee, Nick Fury, and Shazam all have this jumping combo move. I think that, instead of having a goal to make a char, you should just experiment with code for a bit, see what stuff you can figure out, and ask around for tips. Take your time.

A low attack is an attack that you cannot block by standing, but can block while crouching. I can block the crouching LK, MK and HKs while standing, so they are not low attacks. Do you have any other questions about the terminology I used?

Last edited by Mushroom89 on October 31st 2015, 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
teknoid

teknoid

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2015, 4:52 pm

Congratulations, Logansam.  KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 670481599

I tested the char and it has impressive effects , especially with the quality and creativity with the constructs.

Thanks, Chimoru. I like all the chars you made or helped make.
Back to top Go down
Mazemerald

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2015, 6:57 pm

oh really nice!

i like the palettes.
Back to top Go down
Dynatron

Dynatron

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2015, 7:57 pm

Btw, I found an infinite. Didja remember when I said the buzzsaw special was my favorite? Well...
Back to top Go down
CosmicToxin

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2015, 8:29 pm

Very cool guys!
Back to top Go down
Chimoru

Chimoru

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2015, 9:29 pm

EDITED AGAIN to include the errors mentioned below.

Ok, so I did a quick patch in an attempt to fix the Low Attack error and the Buzzsaw Spam and it's "normal attack trigger." Also added Fall to Heavy Crouch Kick.

I hope it worked.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hadd00a6azt0fda/Kyle.rar

Last edited by Chimoru on November 1st 2015, 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CARNAGE777

CARNAGE777

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2015, 9:47 pm

fap...fap....fap esta bien chingon
Back to top Go down
Dynatron

Dynatron

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyOctober 31st 2015, 10:41 pm

Chimoru wrote:
Ok, so I did a quick patch in an attempt to fix the Low Attack error and the Buzzsaw Spam

I hope it worked.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t7xkn2lu9kcdfm3/Kyle.rar

The low attacks are still an issue. Good news is, I know how to fix them. Change the guardflag in the hitdef to L. That'll make it so that the opponent will have to block low. While you're at it, you should also go to all the air attacks and change the guardflag in their hitdefs to HA (aka it cannot be blocked while crouching, but can be blocked while standing/in the air).

And hot damn, you fixed the buzzsaw infinite! Not bad.

A couple more things I have to point out: There are way too many hitboxes. I can count five in the idle stance when only two would've sufficed, one for the head and one for the body. The reason the combos aren't working is because you have movecontact = 1. I'm not sure what you're supposed to change it to, but yeah. Maybe look at other character's cmds files for tips on how it's supposed to work. A lot of the normals are very unsafe, some of them on hit, like the HP. You should check out Training by Stupa if you wanna check the frame data of the char. Otherwise, I could give you a list of all the unsafe normals.
Back to top Go down
DeleFresh

DeleFresh

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyNovember 1st 2015, 12:35 am

Enjoying Kyle a lot, he's got some interesting moves. Definitely think they reflect Kyle's artistic/comic/gamer influences. Thanks for the upload

I do agree the beam moves could do with some variety. The Goku move is awesome though - perhaps it could drag the opponent backwards? If nothing else perhaps one would knock down?

Not sure if this occurred with your latest fix, but noticed the buzzsaw occurs automatically after Kyle does a standing punch.

Also, the low strong kick does not knockdown and the standing combos are tough to pull off.

well, I'm sure he'll get better, you guys have a nice rep of fixing these things when you can.

As always, thanks for the fun! KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 2800933067
Back to top Go down
ParaDo0x

ParaDo0x

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyNovember 1st 2015, 10:14 am

That really amazing char. thank you logansam!! clap clap clap bub
Back to top Go down
Red Hood

Red Hood

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyNovember 1st 2015, 11:23 am

well, i have to say this is one of the best surprises of the year,
we now have a good kyle rayner in mugen
woooooooohoooooo
cheers
congratulations to you all, mostly logansam and chimoru from what is understand.
Now on the hyper moves, these are not from the comics, but kyle can create everything he wishes, so i like all of them. cheers

On the negative comments:
KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 Mugen010
as you can see, his arm is green, Rolling Eyes
and there is some sprites that are not the same size when you mix cable/urien/john stewart with the cyclops's ones. KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 2649099129

thanks for The present and all the hard work guys.
Back to top Go down
DimaLarin

DimaLarin

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyNovember 1st 2015, 11:51 am

clap clap clap
downloading
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 EmptyNovember 1st 2015, 6:37 pm

- the general sprite work is great
- good job on the sound
- could use better detailing and shading on many boot sprites
- some of the sprites have inconsistent outfit coloring (mentioned by JT)
- lower his jump a little after launcher so can air combo better
- can't combo from the following standing basics: LP to MP, LK to MK, LP to LK, MK to HK (on most chars but not all, depends on size and clsn boxes)
- can't combo from the following crouching basics: LP to MP, LK to MK, LP to LK
- consider changing standing HK because of it's range, it will always be hard to combo into
- pretty high ratio of projectile moves for specials and hypers
- readme has some mistakes regarding movelist
- lower the time needed to do the b,f+P samurai special. less time makes move easier to perform
- would like the robot hyper to change completely. first, because too many projectile hypers already. second because the bulk of people who will download kyle will have the sentinel char in their roster
- on d,db,b+KK hyper, add a cancel if hit by P2 early on. sometimes he'll be hit and not do his part of the move, but the multi missiles will appear and fire anyway
- ideas for new hypers: something involving the white lantern. something involving all spectrums of the ringbearers. he was only lantern to harness each one
- the fx coloring on the different palettes are great, but a few don't match up as well such as yellow

overall liked him alot. AI is awesome. not too strong, not too weak. just the perfect middle in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day   KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

KYLE IS FINALLY HERE--logansam day
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next