The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Gartanham Multiverse Nerds mugem Videos showcase!!!
Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here Emptyby Shining Today at 2:34 am

» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here Emptyby warecus Yesterday at 9:21 pm

» SEGA vs. Capcom Fighting Mega Stars Genesis (Full Game)
Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here Emptyby Nexus Gaming Yesterday at 12:56 am

» Classic VS : Athena
Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here Emptyby Shining May 10th 2024, 11:13 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
volzzilla

volzzilla

Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here Empty
PostSubject: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here EmptyJuly 24th 2014, 9:43 am

if you are like me, you may wonder certain things about mugen 1.1. ask anything you want to know about it here.

====

i'll begin with...

is there some easy way to convert stages to have the zooming feature for mugen 1.1? as in just add a certain snippet of code?
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Guignol

Guignol

PostSubject: Re: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here EmptyJuly 24th 2014, 8:44 pm

Add "zoomout = decimal #" below camera, this will allow zoom out depending on the horizontal distance between characters.

If you want vertical distance to be taken into account, like when a character jumps & camera zooms out, add "tensionlow = #", below camera as well.

you may need to tweak the bounds & zoffset for possible empty spaces.
Back to top Go down
SIRALEXBABY

SIRALEXBABY

PostSubject: Re: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here EmptyJuly 24th 2014, 9:03 pm

WUZ UPPER volzzilla!!! I GOT ONE FOR YOU...CAN OR HOW DO YOU MAKE A MUGEN 1.0/1.1 SP DOUBLE RES...AND IF SO CAN IT BE DONE??????
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here EmptyJuly 27th 2014, 7:16 am

@guignol....

thanx for that Smile can you plz give me a crash course on bounds and zoffset tweaking too?
Back to top Go down
Guignol

Guignol

PostSubject: Re: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here EmptyJuly 30th 2014, 9:56 pm

Boundleft, boundright & boundhigh, below "[camera]"
just play with the numbers, you most likely will have to reduce them, you can calculate the values, but doing it by trial & error might take the same amount of time anyway, all depends of how much zoom out you add.

If you have bad luck & the floor sprite isn't enough wide vertically, your stage may end up looking cut at the bottom, so you may have to lower the position of everything in the stage and increase the zoffset below "[stageinfo]",...... it's easy really, unless it's some stage coded complicatedly &/or have a great amount of layers...... but most stages use basic code & not so many layers anyway, problem comes when stages use 3D tricks(not parallax), anti Alias with a huge depth or have timed events.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here EmptyJuly 31st 2014, 8:34 am

hmm, so theoretically i could screw up the more complex stages.

new question...

i hear that mugen 1.1 can support non indexed png images. is that only in the screenpack gfx, or does that apply to ports for characters too?
Back to top Go down
Guignol

Guignol

PostSubject: Re: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here EmptyAugust 4th 2014, 10:28 pm

It applies for everything.
you could make a char entirely with non indexed pngs.
but people generally wouldn't, because of palettes.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here EmptyAugust 5th 2014, 3:52 pm

very interesting.

2 questions this time...

1) what exactly do you need to do to insert a non indexed png file in as the port
2) any drawbacks performance wise to the use of png files when making a screenpack (asking because i'm considering updating my screenpack and wondering about 1.1 for it)
Back to top Go down
Guignol

Guignol

PostSubject: Re: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here EmptyAugust 7th 2014, 12:12 pm

Just be sure to convert the sff to 1.1 format, when you have added the portraits & press save, fighter factory will ask you what format you want to save it as.

Depends of your pc I guess, some people say it is ram consuming, personally I have no problem, even when there's a lot of stuff going on at the same time I have no slowdown issues, the only thing I've encountered so far is that the way it is coded may affect it.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here EmptyAugust 7th 2014, 5:50 pm

thanx for all the help and answers.

anything else should know about mugen 1.1?
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here EmptySeptember 6th 2016, 9:02 am

bumping an old topic so as can ask...

do 1.1 stages work in mugen 1.0? obviously not with the zoom, just wondering if work in general
Back to top Go down
skhsato123

skhsato123

PostSubject: Re: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here EmptySeptember 6th 2016, 9:26 am

Strange question
When i try to capture video from my mugen 1.1 roster the output comes upside down
Why
How to fix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here   Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here Empty

Back to top Go down

Ask your Mugen 1.1 questions here
Page 1 of 1