The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions Emptyby warecus Yesterday at 9:21 pm

» Gartanham Multiverse Nerds mugem Videos showcase!!!
volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions Emptyby gartanham Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» SEGA vs. Capcom Fighting Mega Stars Genesis (Full Game)
volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions Emptyby Nexus Gaming Yesterday at 12:56 am

» Classic VS : Athena
volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions Emptyby Shining May 10th 2024, 11:13 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions

Go down 
+2
Tsuyoi
volzzilla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
volzzilla

volzzilla

volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions Empty
PostSubject: volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions   volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions EmptyApril 10th 2019, 6:09 pm

i know mugen 1.1 chars dont work in 1.0 and winmugen, but do 1.0 and winmugen chars work in 1.1? same with screenpacks? will a screenpack designed for 1.0 work on 1.1?
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Tsuyoi

Tsuyoi

PostSubject: Re: volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions   volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions EmptyApril 10th 2019, 6:33 pm

Well, I didn't face any problems with characters from Win Mugen an Mugen 1.0 in my 1.1 roster.

For the rest, didn't have the opportunity to test...
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions   volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions EmptyApril 10th 2019, 7:07 pm

volzzilla wrote:
i know mugen 1.1 chars dont work in 1.0 and winmugen, but do 1.0 and winmugen chars work in 1.1? same with screenpacks? will a screenpack designed for 1.0 work on 1.1?

From Elecbyte's words: "M.U.G.E.N 1.0 is backwards compatible with the majority of content from version 2002.04.14. However, there are some new features that will be available only if a character's mugenversion is updated to 1.0. You can update your content by the following steps"
You can see all of the changes here: http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs/upgrading.html

If a character, stage or screenpack has code that can only be used in 1.0 or 1.1 then that code would have to be modified to use on winmugen for example.

The same can be said for mugen1.1
Here is that info:
http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs-11b1/history.html
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions   volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions EmptyApril 11th 2019, 11:37 pm

thatguy wrote:
volzzilla wrote:

From Elecbyte's words: "M.U.G.E.N 1.0 is backwards compatible with the majority of content from version 2002.04.14. However, there are some new features that will be available only if a character's mugenversion is updated to 1.0. You can update your content by the following steps"
You can see all of the changes here: http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs/upgrading.html

If a character, stage or screenpack has code that can only be used in 1.0 or 1.1 then that code would have to be modified to use on winmugen for example.

The same can be said for mugen1.1
Here is that info:
http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs-11b1/history.html

so you are saying anything that works in v1.0 will work in v1.1? so i could release my screenpack using 1.1 and not have to do anything else to it?

also, is it true that v1.1 is not as stable? i seem to read that alot.
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions   volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions EmptyApril 11th 2019, 11:57 pm

Yes 1.0 should work in 1.1 without issues.

1.1 is my preferred mugen and is stable for me.

A lot of older characters and stages will work too.
Some need a minor changes to work.
Back to top Go down
Mazemerald

PostSubject: Re: volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions   volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions EmptyApril 12th 2019, 1:14 am

i use mugen 1.1 nowadays....

i hope mugen gest evolving to 1.2 soon.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Giang

Mr.Giang

PostSubject: Re: volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions   volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions EmptyApril 12th 2019, 3:52 am

volzzilla wrote:

so you are saying anything that works in v1.0 will work in v1.1? so i could release my screenpack using 1.1 and not have to do anything else to it?

MUGEN 1.1 only has a small glitch with RemoveExplod (but this is quite neglectable unless you are using stuff like Jmp's Buffer System. But even that, many people don't find the problem with it). With so many good features (more stable play, zoom supports for characters and stages, using OpenGL,...), the benefits of 1.1 outweigh its problems so unless your computer doesn't support OpenGL, you should always pick 1.1. Some characters have their Explod glitched out in 1.1 but that's on the authors because they are too lazy to set postype, not the engine.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions   volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions EmptyApril 12th 2019, 4:06 pm

thatguy wrote:

Some need a minor changes to work.

Mr.Giang wrote:
volzzilla wrote:

MUGEN 1.1 only has a small glitch with RemoveExplod (but this is quite neglectable unless you are using stuff like Jmp's Buffer System. But even that, many people don't find the problem with it). With so many good features (more stable play, zoom supports for characters and stages, using OpenGL,...), the benefits of 1.1 outweigh its problems so unless your computer doesn't support OpenGL, you should always pick 1.1. Some characters have their Explod glitched out in 1.1 but that's on the authors because they are too lazy to set postype, not the engine.

see, that is a thing for me, i really do not want to have to edit whatever character for adjustment into 1.1. especially when i'd already have to do something with every single stage Sad
Back to top Go down
Mr.Giang

Mr.Giang

PostSubject: Re: volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions   volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions EmptyApril 12th 2019, 7:50 pm

volzzilla wrote:

see, that is a thing for me, i really do not want to have to edit whatever character for adjustment into 1.1. especially when i'd already have to do something with every single stage Sad

If this means anything to you, that rarely happens and even if that happened, I wouldn't let bad authors ruin my experience with 1.1 and get myself to fix it. Also, the stability alone makes it worth to use 1.1 over 1.0.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions   volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions EmptyApril 14th 2019, 11:10 pm

stability? from what i've read, 1.0 is said to be more stable.
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions   volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions EmptyApril 15th 2019, 7:27 am

I second volzzilla, mugen 1.0 is more stable than 1.1.
Mugen 1.1 is for those who want it's functionalities, not saying 1.1 is a mess though, i have it for quite some time and nothing really bad happened, just ocasional crashes, so it ain't that bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions   volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions Empty

Back to top Go down

volzzilla asks various Mugen related questions
Page 1 of 1