The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 Emptyby Baelorn Today at 3:51 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 Emptyby NightDevil123 Today at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 Emptyby Doom Today at 6:35 am

» King Shark Base Idea
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 Emptyby Doom Today at 6:33 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version

Go down 
+20
crosspotts1.0
Shining
RG_OP
Mr.Ketchup
warecus
metamutant
wil.li.an
volzzilla
DeleFresh
yolomate
Avaid
empawk
dev
Angelus_Silverhead
jp.resort
MERK_U
Pilgrim
jspiderman171717
kyoman
Raijjin
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jspiderman171717

Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 11:05 am

BigPimp wrote:
@Raijjin thank you for kind words, man

yes, spider-man game for a long time was kinda impossible, since we didn't had essential villains like doc, scorpion, mysterio, kraven (all of whom, in my mind from watching TAS, were in top 5, a must-have). but thankfully, somehow, we have all of them now, thanks to respective authors, taking on those complicated looking chars

all the points you made, i also went through a similar thought process actually, and some are really good:

alot of text about those points and my thought process:

@Jspiderman171717

thank you man, really glad you took a look at everything that was implemented))

honestly, i never realized vulture hyper is missing on morbius, i didn't do any changes to it, so i guess it is some morbius fall properties that are different and making it miss, youre right, would have to look into it

and yeah vulture launcher definitely launches opponent higher than his superjump covers, needs to be fixed as well, really a 1-second fix of either making superjump higher, or launcher velocity lower

i will also send you a pm soon about future stuff

Thanks friend for reading all that text, I'll wait for your pm

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Raijjin

Raijjin

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 11:17 am

BigPimp wrote:
@Raijjin thank you for kind words, man

yes, spider-man game for a long time was kinda impossible, since we didn't had essential villains like doc, scorpion, mysterio, kraven (all of whom, in my mind from watching TAS, were in top 5, a must-have). but thankfully, somehow, we have all of them now, thanks to respective authors, taking on those complicated looking chars

all the points you made, i also went through a similar thought process actually, and some are really good:

alot of text about those points and my thought process:

@Jspiderman171717

thank you man, really glad you took a look at everything that was implemented))

honestly, i never realized vulture hyper is missing on morbius, i didn't do any changes to it, so i guess it is some morbius fall properties that are different and making it miss, youre right, would have to look into it

and yeah vulture launcher definitely launches opponent higher than his superjump covers, needs to be fixed as well, really a 1-second fix of either making superjump higher, or launcher velocity lower

i will also send you a pm soon about future stuff

Awesome Smile
And for Doc Ock, I was just talking about his walking speed, idk if slowing it will impact the animation. But I totally agree, quality over effectiveness.
I wish you luck with the rest of your work, I can see the tremendous amount of work here, so I hope you won't kill yourself to the task Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 670481599

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
dev

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 12:36 pm

This project surpassed the original Lethal Syndicate looong time ago. Now it's just in a different league. BP is amazing.

BigPimp, metamutant and Avaid like this post

Back to top Go down
empawk

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 12:39 pm

Once I finish all of the basic animations for Symbiote Spider-Man and I can make him move around smoothly from a standing position instead of a crouching position, I will begin the symbiote attacks. Due to Bigpimp not wanting mouthy teeth attacks, I will make plain tendril whipping ones for his game. I already have a lot of the attacks planned out. It won't take a long time to make them once I start on them.

BigPimp, Hagjilord and Avaid like this post

Back to top Go down
MERK_U

MERK_U

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 2:27 pm

Hey Pimp

I found a bug with your Rhino.

When he uses his stop sign attack & puts the enemy in his dizzy state,
the dizzy state allows for you to attack or walk right through their body without any affect.

I have even Rhino charged right through their dizzy state.

==================================================================
Edit: This seems to only happen when its an enemy not from the Spider-Man game.

Perhaps you can find a work around for this so it's at least hittable & not being able to walk through it.

It does kind of look off though in my opinion since another character that's not from the game
doesn't recognize that state, & just stand there with the stars floating where ever on them.

==================================================================
If I come across anything else, I'll let you know!

Another edit: You forgot to add the Morph "dead sprite" when Rhino faces himself. So he just disappears after a bit because of that.
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 20th 2023, 5:02 am

@Raijjin yeah man, maybe someone later will address the competitive balance issue, for now my goal just to have it pretty and more-or-less canon balanced. i mean doc walks on 4 metal legs, i think he should be at least that fast

@Dev thanks man, i know both you and me waited for that project to release. i think after goblins update, hydroman implementation and spider-man storymode we will have pretty much everything covered Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 670481599

@Empawk well, you really doing the stuff i cannot do man. your symbiote spider animations are top notch, im glad i provided you with the base to work on. since all that default capcom sprites conversion was pretty boring and not creative at all, and pretty overwhelming, i can understand why it turned many people off. cant wait to see your final version. that was my hope all along that someone creative with ideas for symbiote spidey will work on him later, but there is probably no better person than you)) you were the original author after all

@MERK_U
that is not rhino problem, it is just not very well done characters. rhino using default 5300 animation, so those characters authors just forgot to add hitbox to it (or decided to not add it on purpose for some reason)

mysterio and morbius or any other character stun move should have the same effect on those characters?
there is no work around, those characters just need to be fixed
Back to top Go down
Avaid

Avaid

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 20th 2023, 5:25 am

this game is simply awesome as always thanks for this update , what i would love to see in the final update (like i said before ) is the ost being changed like there is a lot of capcom/cps2 styled themes for spiderman characters on youtube and this maybe for the main menu song

and also are you going to update sandman's stage (?) , and again thanks a lot for this game
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 20th 2023, 5:33 am

Avaid wrote:
this game is simply awesome as always thanks for this update , what i would love to see in the final update (like i said before ) is the ost being changed like there is a lot of capcom/cps2 styled themes for spiderman characters on youtube  and this maybe for the main menu song

and also are you going to update sandman's stage (?) , and again thanks a lot  for this game

well, i need to contact Wizzy somewhere, i already wrote a recommendations about his music in credits btw, since the first release i think it was there
but 1 other problem is that he didn't make themes for every character that is in the game yet
so it would have to be mix of his works and capcom which i dont really like to do if im being honest
but main menu for sure can be changed yes. just need his contact, if someone has it

and what about sandman stage?? not really sure what update you mean man

Avaid likes this post

Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 20th 2023, 8:01 am

I put this soundtrack more classic(the remix are so...cheap, its my view, the original rocks!!! yes  yes  yes ):
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 20th 2023, 9:26 am

yolomate wrote:
I put this soundtrack more classic(the remix are so...cheap, its my view, the original rocks!!! yes  yes  yes ):

well, classic is greatest for sure
but for 2d games 8bit remixes feel much much better for me
those bit remixes hit some nostalgia in me related to snes and genesis games, so cant agree with you here man

btw, guys, yes, please do report stuff. like for example 2 bugs Jspiderman reported just now are pretty much turned out to be 1-minute fixes
morbius just had very short hitbox for his fall down sprite, so vulture was missing him by literally 1 pixel lol:

Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 137

most of the stuff mentioned is fixed now. only thing not done is hud power indication
also from unreported: scorpion was missing last hits with his new hyper on electro, and i had to return his invincibility to his grab and smash hyper, since there is a chance of him being hit resulting in breaking the sequence

also guys, please, do report bugs only inside of the game, only on characters within the game
almost unlimited amount of mugen characters exist, many of them are buggy, or has very specific coding changes, if something bugging out on outside character, but not on the characters inside the game, it is most likely problem with the outside character
as well as we've learned mugen build makes a difference too, so please do use mugen provided in the download link for test and report
Back to top Go down
Avaid

Avaid

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 20th 2023, 6:57 pm

BigPimp wrote:
Avaid wrote:
this game is simply awesome as always thanks for this update , what i would love to see in the final update (like i said before ) is the ost being changed like there is a lot of capcom/cps2 styled themes for spiderman characters on youtube  and this maybe for the main menu song

and also are you going to update sandman's stage (?) , and again thanks a lot  for this game

well, i need to contact Wizzy somewhere, i already wrote a recommendations about his music in credits btw, since the first release i think it was there
but 1 other problem is that he didn't make themes for every character that is in the game yet
so it would have to be mix of his works and capcom which i dont really like to do if im being honest
but main menu for sure can be changed yes. just need his contact, if someone has it

here's wizzy's twitter https://twitter.com/WhipitWizzy , also im pretty much aware that morbiuis , scoripion and hydroman dosen't have themes by him yet and i hope for the future and i agree with that mixing part ,

also what i mean by updating sandman's stage is that those background frozen characters kinda feel out of the place since they are not spiderman characters or at least one of them is not a marvel character maybe you can change it so the stage can feel original in that part

Back to top Go down
jspiderman171717

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 20th 2023, 7:40 pm

Avaid wrote:
BigPimp wrote:
Avaid wrote:

here's wizzy's twitter https://twitter.com/WhipitWizzy , also im pretty much aware that morbiuis , scoripion and hydroman dosen't have themes by him yet and i hope for the future and i agree with that mixing part ,

also what i mean by updating sandman's stage is that those background frozen characters kinda feel out of the place since they are not spiderman characters or at least one of them is not a marvel character maybe you can change it so the stage can feel original in that part

I'm also a fan of wizzy's music, it would be great if he made the themes for the missing characters from the roster and also use the ones he's already made, although it will all depend on him if he wants to help with that, in any case it doesn't hurt to ask him !

Avaid likes this post

Back to top Go down
DeleFresh

DeleFresh

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 20th 2023, 9:38 pm

Holy COW!!

If this is your last MUGEN hurrah, you are going out with a BANG!!

The characters (to be fair, not all yours) are looking GREAT in the game and improved in many cases.
Love the passion you've clearly put into this.

10 years ago this level of game was a pipe dream, and the only ones I've seen to this level (for Superhero games) are the X-Men ones from Infinity.

Visually, its a marvel! (Yeah, I said it!)

Only issues I see are few things which could be choices, so understood if these are part of the marvel!:
- Tombstone and Mysterio can easily infinite their qcf+P moves (Machine Gun Punch, Green Mist respectively). In Mysterio's case he can loop it easily to death.

- Doc Ock and Scorpion can easily attack from a distance at will for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I would agree Doc Ock SHOULD work like that and it should be a challenge to get him (Scorpion's not quite as tough). But the thing that ALWAYS irritated me about the character is unlike all the other rogues who have super strength or general toughness at least, Ock is a weak human protected by his tentacles. You close in on him, he should be dead meat. That's why I tend to reduce his cns stats to make it easier to beat him (if you get past his tentacles) - just a thought.

-And for any busted supers (like the ones that give advanced stats, perhaps make them level 3's to make it a bit more fair?

But, thanks for creating this game - such an awesome achievement - I hope it brings you joy!
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 20th 2023, 11:43 pm

@Avaid @Jspiderman171717

yeah, there are actually quite a bit of characters still missing, morbius,scorpion,vulture,hobgoblin,hydroman,kraven (judging from Wizzy yt channel)
if it was 1 or 2 themes i think i would be possible to ask, but with so many missing, i dont think it is

i dont have twitter account guys, nor facebook, nor Instagram, and in mainland China those are not really accessible, i probably wont be able to create a new account. maybe he visits some of our forums here?

ps. not really thinking about updating sandman stage, Avaid

@DeleFresh

thanks man! for sure, im always happy when someone enjoys this thing as much as i do
yeah, only 2 (well i guess 3 with symbiote spidey) chars are more or less mine, rest are made by the community authors, even though i did had a hand in updating many of them (basically only spidey, black cat, electro, sandman, kraven are the ones left pretty much untouched)

i went through AI abusing some moves, like morbius and mysterio AI abusing stun and fixed those
but frankly speaking there are alot of abuse still left for player to exploit, like vulture small grenades can be just spammed, and many of them were put in place by original authors, which i didn't want to change, since it is working-dont break it. it would take a really big recoding, and someone who understands balancing better than me, to fix this game to a proper competitive level. but it is a single player game, so honestly i would just have to stick only to AI and damage balancing myself

i did reduce some damage on doc ock btw, since the upload, but maybe will look at it more

as for hypers that are busted, i think only mysterio mirror and tombstone diamond skin can be considered as such, (vulture one is pretty balanced i think, and symbiotes ones actually almost fully useless to a good player, who can input those combos manually. i had an idea to add health deterioration as a negative effect to symbiotes buffs, but i dont think those are that good to warrant such a thing after all)

diamond skin and mirror probably should have reduced active time though, i also thought about either making them lvl2 or nerfing them (dont want to do lvl2, since only those 2 will have that)
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 22nd 2023, 9:22 pm

congrats on all the work Smile i'll try and test soon

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next