The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version Emptyby Baelorn Today at 3:51 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version Emptyby NightDevil123 Today at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version Emptyby Doom Today at 6:35 am

» King Shark Base Idea
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version Emptyby Doom Today at 6:33 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version

Go down 
+20
crosspotts1.0
Shining
RG_OP
Mr.Ketchup
warecus
metamutant
wil.li.an
volzzilla
DeleFresh
yolomate
Avaid
empawk
dev
Angelus_Silverhead
jp.resort
MERK_U
Pilgrim
jspiderman171717
kyoman
Raijjin
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
BigPimp

Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version Empty
PostSubject: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 18th 2023, 9:30 am

hey guys, so decided to upload this preview version (basically most current one), since alot of work has been done and all included characters (aside from goblins) are completed (only possible changes left are mouth movements for few intros/winposes and organized palettes)

very much in need of testing, since alot of experimental changes has been done (most notable: vulture youth steal hyper, rhino super armor, doc ock octobot summon, venom and carnage new hyper effects, etc, all need good testing). i dont want final version turn out to be buggy

ive uploaded previous preview version to vip section, but only very few people downloading it from there, definitely not enough for proper testing, so here it is for public. this is NOT final version from me, but sort of mid-way update to find and eliminate bugs and such. goblins will have new sprites, anims and effects, and possibly some code changes, but nothing experimental, nothing that can break, so im not worried about those future changes that much

Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version 1

full list of changes since last public upload:

Code:
www.mediafire.com/file/6l4vrr94kg93ykn/Spider-man_mugen.rar/file

enjoy guys! and please do let me know the feedback
i will be focusing on goblins next

Last edited by BigPimp on June 1st 2023, 12:31 pm; edited 4 times in total

RG_OP, gartanham, Melter, metamutant, felideo, bam77, MERK_U and like this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 18th 2023, 12:11 pm

Surely i Will try It ! It seems good improved

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Raijjin

Raijjin

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 18th 2023, 12:17 pm

What to say ?
This is really awesome !

The screenpack is gorgeous, the characters are all extraordinary, the stages are beautiful. Really, everything here is at an awesome level.
Even the colors of palettes and stages are changed to get the same graphical style everywhere (which helps adapting older characters).
I was never a fan of the "arcade" music style, but the one here has nothing to envy to those of the old MvC games.

I have a few remarks here, but they are nitpicking at this point:
- while the characters are all awesome in their own way with their own specifities, some are a bit overpowered in some regards:
  • Doc Ock, especially, has a gigantic reach in 50% of his attacks or specials, allowing him to spam from the border of the stage. Maybe making his movements slower might equilibrate this a bit. Because, for now, even his run does damage to the enemy, so...

• In the same way, Scorpion can spam one of his special (the "crush" one if I remember correctly) from the border of the stage. And this move juggle, so you can spam an enemy

• Sandman has the same problem with attacks popping from the ground. Plus, they have high damages

• Morbius *loves* his stun move, which go through anything

• On the opposite side, my boy Spidey is gonna have a hard time keeping up. I'm a bit sad that the Symbiote Spidey does not have symbiote related moves, and is basically the old Spidey from MvC. It could have helped keeping up with the rest.

- While I really love your screenpack and your select screen (gorgeous stuff), I think you are going to be faced with a surpopulation issue. I already saw that you had some WIP characters hidden, but when they are done or you want to add some other characters, that select screen is gonna be cramped. You can help that in the short term by making the Hodgoblin an alternative the Green Goblin, but if you want to expand further, this is gonna be complicated.
- There is no number or HUD indication for your level of power, but there is still an announcer and moves using 1 power. Maybe you should think of something here to make everything more readable.
- Mysterio should have an indicator or a timer for his invisibility, it's kinda confusing, I thought I was bugging  Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version 1f605
- There is a lack of multiples palettes. I can get why, but at least 1 supplementary palette for P2 would avoid confusion.

I'm a bit sad that the taunt button disappeared, but the "movements list" you made instead is really helpful Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version 1f600

Hope this helps
But for the rest, your game is awesome, and maybe one of the best Mugen Game people made with the years, thanks for this  Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version 1f44d

Last edited by Raijjin on January 18th 2023, 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
kyoman

kyoman

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 18th 2023, 2:53 pm

Very nice improvement.

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
jspiderman171717

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 18th 2023, 3:30 pm

Friend you always find a way to improve yourself! I have been playing this new update for a while and for the moment I have not found any errors in the new things that you implemented, really a great job.

Positive things that I want to emphasize: the fact that now all the characters have at least four hypers makes the game feel more complete than it already was:

The new Hypers from Venom, Carnage and Sym Spidey feel good, when I heard your idea of an auto assistant I was afraid this would feel too broken, but it's the opposite, it really feels good to use this Hyper buff and overall balanced.

Scorpion's Hyper is a great success as well as all the things you improved in this char (possibly we are seeing the best and most balanced version of scorpion so far) maybe a small request would be that this hyper could be done in the air Also, although nothing happens if it stays as it is.

The new improvements to Rhino and Shocker are more than welcome, you really know how to breathe new life into these chars!

Finally, the new Vulture Hyper is really magnificent in terms of cidification, I remember that you mentioned that you had problems to implement it, fortunately you were able to do it and that deserves a great appreciation friend, thank you very much.

Speaking of things that could improve and speaking of Vulture, note that in his Hyper "Hyperfly" it does not run completely on morbis (it fails on the third hit) most likely it is not the vulture itself, but rather the fall speed of Morbius so maybe that can be fixed. Also speaking of Vulture this character when throwing the opponent up with his HP does not jump high enough to start doing an air combo.

That's all friend, there are really many more positive things to emphasize than mistakes to correct in my opinion, let's wait for the other feedback from the members of the group to see if there is something that I have not noticed, suppose that only the goblins and Hydroman would be missing and that would be everything...

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 18th 2023, 4:07 pm

Amazing update. Thanks

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 18th 2023, 11:17 pm

@Raijjin thank you for kind words, man

yes, spider-man game for a long time was kinda impossible, since we didn't had essential villains like doc, scorpion, mysterio, kraven (all of whom, in my mind from watching TAS, were in top 5, a must-have). but thankfully, somehow, we have all of them now, thanks to respective authors, taking on those complicated looking chars

all the points you made, i also went through a similar thought process actually, and some are really good:

alot of text about those points and my thought process:

@Jspiderman171717

thank you man, really glad you took a look at everything that was implemented))

honestly, i never realized vulture hyper is missing on morbius, i didn't do any changes to it, so i guess it is some morbius fall properties that are different and making it miss, youre right, would have to look into it

and yeah vulture launcher definitely launches opponent higher than his superjump covers, needs to be fixed as well, really a 1-second fix of either making superjump higher, or launcher velocity lower

i will also send you a pm soon about future stuff

jspiderman171717 and Raijjin like this post

Back to top Go down
MERK_U

MERK_U

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 1:56 am

Hey BP!

This is freaking wicked man. I've been stoked to try it & have been loving it so far.  Twisted Evil

I'm really excited for the final release. You always seem to amaze us with your skills!  affraid

You are a blessing to the Mugen World.

Keep up the hard work. You're killing it!  Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version 670481599

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
jp.resort

jp.resort

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 2:26 am

BigPimp wrote:
hey guys, so decided to upload this preview version (basically most current one), since alot of work has been done and all included characters (aside from goblins) are completed (only possible changes left are mouth movements for few intros/winposes and organized palettes)

very much in need of testing, since alot of experimental changes has been done (most notable: vulture youth steal hyper, rhino super armor, doc ock octobot summon, venom and carnage new hyper effects, etc, all need good testing). i dont want final version turn out to be buggy

ive uploaded previous preview version to vip section, but only very few people downloading it from there, definitely not enough for proper testing, so here it is for public. this is NOT final version from me, but sort of mid-way update to find and eliminate bugs and such. goblins will have new sprites, anims and effects, and possibly some code changes, but nothing experimental, nothing that can break, so im not worried about those future changes that much

Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version 1

full list of changes since last public upload:

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bsyt046q47sscrh/Spider-man_mugen.rar/file

enjoy guys! and please do let me know the feedback
i will be focusing on goblins next

i try it. amazing improvement.
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version Werewo13
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version Spider11
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version Flagsm14
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version Arthur12
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version D_181-12
Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version Lizard11
PRINCE

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Melter

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 3:15 am

Please, Bigpimp, after the final release, don't retire from Mugen. In the Marvel Mugen community, I think you are the most dedicated and passionate person in the community: you have the patience to make updates to the chars, making them raise the quality level. Dr. Octopus, Vulture, Scorpion, Rhino, Shocker or the Symbiotes are now excellent thanks to the attention you have given them. No doubt that Green Goblin and Hobgoblin will be excellent creations.

Maybe in the future you can help Jspiderman171717 with his Lizard or Vovanilkto with Smythe (he needs a coder), giving advice, helping to fix bugs...

Thank you for your work. At the moment, I am not able to detect any errors. Maybe Tombstone had two minor errors:

- In his throw and his Headbutt Counter, I hear like an electric sound. That's strange.
- In his winpose with Hammerhead, Hammerhead is placed behind Tombstone, when it should be in front giving him the briefcase.

Pd: about the problem with the size of the roster... maybe reducing the size of the characters in your photoshop file? I guess they wouldn't look as good though...

naruto likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 5:09 am

@Melter

hey man, no worries, i never announce retirement, but really holding this project to myself, when im really running out of things i want to do, its just not a good idea. i think it is good to hand it over to people who still full of new ideas and passion to do stuff there. i will be around still, and glad you like all the changes Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version 670481599

i will check up on the sound issue you mentioned. but hammerhead winpose i think be difficult to do in the way you mentioned, since the animation available is him just stepping out of the car, and standing close next to it, nothing more

but yeah, reducing the character size would not look good. maybe Jspiderman and guys will be able to go widescreen in the future, that could be a possible solution to fit more chars on select screen
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 5:36 am

I think dock ock is too fast
Vulture flyingSpikebombs have not much time
You can add the separation anxiety combo system into vulture youth steal

The other things are perfect ...you had a fantastic idea on separation anxiety effects and combo system ...i love your symbiotes
I Will wait the goblins

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Angelus_Silverhead

Angelus_Silverhead

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 6:47 am

It would be perfect! Looks like a nice improvement for Octopus. About Vulture, he needs total rework to look same as TV serieas counterpart. This classic outfit is... emm... OK...

So sad, that I have no much time to finish beta of Venom. Perhaps I would find a time this month.

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 8:28 am

really hard to slow down doc ock guys, without sacrificing the quality. animations will look stiff

@Shining not really sure what you mean man, about spike bombs? you mean freeze bomb disappears too quickly or opponent frozen state goes away too quickly? in any case, that how it was with the original move, so i tried to change as little as possible, when it came to the stuff that was completed by original authors. but some things can be increased, like that frozen state. especially since we have new frozen sprites for many chars now

but his youth steal is already pretty op, he cannot be hit by many specials and hypers, he also can quickly bounce back from gethit state into attack (you can try to attack right after getting hit), pretty much boss properties already. and also has increased damage for all basics to boot. adding combo system is too much, and would not really make sense for him, since there is no logic like with symbiotes where they have partial control and help the host

@Angelus about costume, i wish we could have a choice of TAS vulture too man.. but it is pretty much mean making a completely new character, and not an easy one. but im honestly happy with this classic one too. i just dislike the stance, how the wings positioned. but i couldn't improve it, ive tried

and regarding venom, im ending my involvement man, but other people will still continue the project, so im pretty sure you guys will be able to combine it into definitive version, even without me, there is no rush
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version EmptyJanuary 19th 2023, 8:33 am

I love this vulture Classic version...i mean the duration of the Flying bombs...they should float on the Sky for more time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version   Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version Empty

Back to top Go down

Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next