The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man Emptyby Baelorn Today at 3:51 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man Emptyby NightDevil123 Today at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man Emptyby Doom Today at 6:35 am

» King Shark Base Idea
Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man Emptyby Doom Today at 6:33 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man

Go down 
+6
skhsato123
Shining
Melter
Doom
crosspotts1.0
BigPimp
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigPimp

Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man Empty
PostSubject: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 20th 2022, 5:34 am

hey guys, small, but pretty important update, wanted to do more things, before uploading, but pretty annoying bugs have come up, which were fixed, so couldnt wait, dont want buggy version to be out there for longer. in short, what's new and fixed:

-added 6 palettes to every character by original authors, Yolomate, Tony_Spector, others (people said there are problems, and it was true, it wasnt just simple "download and paste", several characters had problems with palettes, now it is fixed, palettes included - thanks for the heads up, Warecus)
-several important bugs fixed (stages gaps, .cmd errors and leftovers, Spider-man had an old .cmd file which made at least 1 of his moves unavailable)
-added 1 new hyper for Rhino, 2 previous hypers merged into 1 (2 that were almost exact same), some additional frames for intros/winposes, more voicelines, bugfixes
-added Kingpin beat-em-up minigame (serves as a final boss for now, not meant to be picked by the player, only for ai). Credits to Prime Op, Phantom.of.the.Server, UltraRoboninja, Zvitor.
-Shocker has new effects for hyper blasts (thanks to FrankJr character by DDR), new portrai by Wil.li.an
-Hobgoblin pumpkin patch move was improved, pumpkin on the ground now cannot be kicked off, so move is actually useful now
-"large" characters now will be caught in a big webtrap animation, instead of a regular one. includes moves of Spider-man and Venom, but not Symbiote Spider (i plan to replace him completely someday)
-maybe some other small things, im forgetting, mostly uploading this because of bugfixes. there are still plans for at least 1 new update, stay tuned

Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man 118

Code:
www.mediafire.com/file/fokxzh1lea3371z/Spider-man_mugen.rar/file

enjoy!

ps. sorry for always creating new topics for this, but i can never find my old ones Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man 629558521

gartanham, metamutant, wil.li.an, candido159, jspiderman171717, Avaid, AvalokiteshvaraX and Elfary like this post

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 20th 2022, 10:28 am

Awesome job on the fixes

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 20th 2022, 10:39 am

Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man 670481599

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 20th 2022, 11:56 am

crosspotts1.0 wrote:
Awesome job on the fixes

thanks guys)

but yeah, new stuff always comes up
even now after testing alittle bit more i found at least 2 new issues (nothing critical)
-dr.ock 2nd palette has bad colors (some different shades set to the same color, not sure why, it is probably palette for some old version?)
-rhino has a "wandering" rock effect during his ground smash hyper (if you look closely, it appears sometimes, not attached to the move, just randomly in the middle of the stage)

will be fixed in the next version
i dont have alot of time to test guys, but with many people playing this, i think we will find all of the issues eventually, so be sure to let me know, if you encounter something! all of it is fixable one way or the other, just takes time (much more time to find it, than fix actually)

also please report any small stuff, like maybe some voicelines are too loud/too quiet, anything that is objectively wrong

for now, only issue i dont know how to fix, is on "long" stages, corners are not acting properly, venom hyper gets stuck there. happens on carnage and sandman stage, both of those are "long" stages (where corner is further than 1000 pixels aways from the middle), i think that just might be issue in mugen itself, not with the stages, so venom hyper would have to be modified somehow.. would have to figure it out. but this version is more polished than any previous one, so have fun!)
Back to top Go down
Melter

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 20th 2022, 12:04 pm

Man, I love what you do on Rhino. I remember his first version back in 2009 and with your touch, Rhino looks like a new and improved char. Congratulations.

Anyway, I have found a bug. When you play with the Vulture, sometimes the AI ​​takes control of the char and spams the grab move. I have noticed that it happens sometimes when you press the stand hard punch.

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 20th 2022, 12:19 pm

Melter wrote:
Man, I love what you do on Rhino. I remember his first version back in 2009 and with your touch, Rhino looks like a new and improved char. Congratulations.

Anyway, I have found a bug. When you play with the Vulture, sometimes the AI ​​takes control of the char and spams the grab move. I have noticed that it happens sometimes when you press the stand hard punch.

thanks man. in rhino also alot was made by someone named "the beast", but this version gone under a radar for some reason. he did amazing work on additional sprites (ground smash hyper and stop sign special)

and ive got similar report about vulture grab from jspiderman171717, but cannot replicate it myself for now to see whats happening, but it will come up eventually, im sure Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man 670481599 and if you guys see it again, or anything else really, be sure to check debug mode ("ctrl+d"), it may have a line in top left corner explaining the error, it would be easier to fix Wink

Last edited by BigPimp on February 20th 2022, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 20th 2022, 12:24 pm

and guys, im also trying to figure out, how it is possible to show both player logos in the simul match
but was unsuccesful in managing the space for it so far

if you have any ideas, you can do a rough estimate of how it should look, here is the template to try:
Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man 0_bmp10

you can cut portraits any way you want, but just be sure not to resize sprites, please. the space if for half of the screen 160x240
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 20th 2022, 1:40 pm

Cool improvements Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man 670481599 ... I will try it later
Back to top Go down
skhsato123

skhsato123

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 20th 2022, 4:08 pm

friends stay tuned
i am working on the hunter

gartanham and Avaid like this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 21st 2022, 11:01 am

skhsato123 wrote:
friends stay tuned
i am working on the hunter

dont worry man
by saying "one more update", of course i mean that if kraven comes out, i will do another update just to convert and include the character, if nothing else

im waiting for kraven more than any other unreleased character, so definitely not forgetting about him Wink

skhsato123 likes this post

Back to top Go down
chancethegamer

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 21st 2022, 3:43 pm

Going to check the update out buddy!

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
metamutant

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 21st 2022, 6:30 pm

Thanks, Big Pimp for all your hard work in bringing this game together and continuing to make it better.
In a lot of ways, this game seems like an improvement to the never-released Lethal Syndicate. Prime Op head with the Kingpin color separation makes him really look like more of a MVC character now.
I noticed the already mentioned Vulture bug happens after I performed the new claw hyper which I like. Nice work making a hyper out of that move. Love the upgrades to Rhino, although some of his voice clips seem low.

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 22nd 2022, 1:08 pm

metamutant wrote:
Thanks, Big Pimp for all your hard work in bringing this game together and continuing to make it better.
In a lot of ways, this game seems like an improvement to the never-released Lethal Syndicate. Prime Op head with the Kingpin color separation makes him really look like more of a MVC character now.
I noticed the already mentioned Vulture bug happens after I performed the new claw hyper which I like. Nice work making a hyper out of that move. Love the upgrades to Rhino, although some of his voice clips seem low.

thanks guys, you know i really started making this mostly because of my own unfufilled desire of lethal sydicate from so many years ago (or spider-man game in general)
but also the interactions we have here, (some people coming in and going, but we now have few constant people, who are also just as interested, as me), which really makes me happy to continue adding new stuff to it

i really want to focus on polishing and fixing all the little bugs/issues now. go through all hitboxes, because some of them are messy, balance the gameplay more, and audio (i really havent paid attention to audio section before). maybe make an ai modifications for all characters to actually be affected by ai difficulty mugen option at equal level (now i recommend to keep it at hardest level for all characters to be more balanced btw)

do you guys think in-game movelist is good addition? im mostly just watching ai fights, so i probably would never use it, but its easy to implement, and if you guys feel it is worth sacrificing the taunt, i will do it. myself, im torn on this, but probably leaning towards movelist
Back to top Go down
metamutant

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 22nd 2022, 6:33 pm

My opinion would be to keep the taunt, because like you I wouldn't use the move list too much. I think an updated Readme with move list is useful. Could you do the in game move list and keep the taunt? I've seen some move lists as intros in arcade mode. I know whatever route you go will turnout very good.

BigPimp and jspiderman171717 like this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man EmptyFebruary 23rd 2022, 1:00 am

metamutant wrote:
My opinion would be to keep the taunt, because like you I wouldn't use the move list too much.  I think an updated Readme with move list is useful. Could you do the in game move list and keep the taunt? I've seen some move lists as intros in arcade mode. I know whatever route you go will turnout very good.

well, i guess, not many people need it, i just remember that was the second voted option in that poll after keep the taunt. but it was still far behind. i mean in avx they did it so the taunt could be executed as D,DF,F + start, and just pressing start would pull up the movelist
but maybe you guys are right, with exception of spidey, black cat, sandman and electro, all moves are either D,DF,F + p/k or D,DB,B + p/k, same for hypers

so maybe it is not really needed? maybe arcade intro is the way to go? in any case, thanks for the trust man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man   Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick update/patchfix for Mugen Spider-man
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next