The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» B-kun's 8-Bits Series Big Update!! (14 chars)
Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters Emptyby Doom Today at 8:04 pm

» Skhsato123 Sprites
Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters Emptyby Doom Today at 7:53 pm

» --> [SPAM GAME] - I like or I do not like <--
Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters Emptyby Doom Today at 7:51 pm

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Word Association Game <--
Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters Emptyby Doom Today at 7:49 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Minun

Minun

Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters Empty
PostSubject: Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters   Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters EmptyMarch 9th 2015, 7:27 pm

I'm currently in the works of making a whole series of MUGEN characters. Unlike back then, my new ones have no quarter circle backs, forwards, Down Downs, or anything like that. It has directional controls such as hold Forward, then the A button for the Ryu spin kick, up a for the Shoruyuken, and the normal A button for a hadouken for example. I feel like this would help the beginners face hard AI characters like Wolverine, certain MVC EOH template characters and Mario himself and would just make fighting much easier (Which is why I'd rather play Smash Bros than a traditional fighting game. No offense.). What do you guys think? Is this a no biggie or would you rather I make a version where it has the complex button combinations?
Back to top Go down
thepaniqd

thepaniqd

PostSubject: Re: Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters   Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters EmptyMarch 9th 2015, 10:47 pm

reminds me of the MVC2 "easy" control setting. personally I hated that but some people loved it. Expect mixed reactions.
Back to top Go down
Minun

Minun

PostSubject: Re: Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters   Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters EmptyMarch 10th 2015, 5:18 am

thepaniqd wrote:
reminds me of the MVC2 "easy" control setting. personally I hated that but some people loved it. Expect mixed reactions.

Easy controls in MVC2? I never heard of that. But then again, I only play the MVC series when I get bored of Smash much like every other fighting game besides Mortal Kombat (Which I play a lot of as well.) .
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters   Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters EmptyMarch 10th 2015, 7:23 am

Your MUGEN command scheme reminds of some FTG bosses whose commands are usually some single button commands and only U,D,F,B directions.

Just do what suits you and your MUGEN character.  Wink

It is nice to include two (2) .cmd files - easy and normal commands respectively, though.
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
thepaniqd

thepaniqd

PostSubject: Re: Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters   Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters EmptyMarch 10th 2015, 12:00 pm

PrincessOfTheGalaxy wrote:
thepaniqd wrote:

Easy controls in MVC2? I never heard of that. But then again, I only play the MVC series when I get bored of Smash much like every other fighting game besides Mortal Kombat (Which I play a lot of as well.) .

it was the default setting in the arcade. you had to switch to manual. I agree with borewood. 2 .cmd files would be the best way.
Back to top Go down
Minun

Minun

PostSubject: Re: Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters   Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters EmptyMarch 11th 2015, 6:52 pm

borewood2013 wrote:
Your MUGEN command scheme reminds of some FTG bosses whose commands are usually some single button commands and only U,D,F,B directions.

Just do what suits you and your MUGEN character.  Wink

It is nice to include two (2) .cmd files - easy and normal commands respectively, though.

Except gameplay with that is much faster and is slightly more complex than just pressing the punch or kick buttons. Pretty much what you described only with a combo of punch or kick, and left right, up, or down keys together.
Back to top Go down
Staubhold

Staubhold

PostSubject: Re: Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters   Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters EmptyMarch 12th 2015, 2:04 pm

Complex inputs or commands in fighting games are there to balance some specials against others.
P.e. a Zangief with his "Spinning Piledriver" would be deadly/overpowerd if the command for his special grab would be just a simple input/command (a simple direction and a button) instead of his common 360 + Punch...
Guile would be too good if he wouldn´t need to charge for his "Flash Kick" anti air or his "Sonic Boom"  projectile.

Complex inputs/commands give the diff. characters more versatility and more depth - it would be boring if Guile or Zangief would play the same way as Ryu.

Complex inputs/commands also show how experienced a player is. A Zangief player who can walk towards you AND can grab you with his 360 "Spinning Piledriver" or a Kazuya player who can constantly unleash his just frame "Electric Wind Godfist" launcher is a very skilled player and has a advantage over an unexperienced opponent.

Besides - you can give a char more specials/moves with a complex input/command scheme then with a simple one...
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters   Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters EmptyMarch 26th 2015, 6:24 pm

yes but at he same time playing on ur key borad is hard and sometime u just want to be domnate your openets so i like ur idea
Staubhold wrote:
Complex inputs or commands in fighting games are there to balance some specials against others.
P.e. a Zangief with his "Spinning Piledriver" would be deadly/overpowerd if the command for his special grab would be just a simple input/command (a simple direction and a button) instead of his common 360 + Punch...
Guile would be too good if he wouldn´t need to charge for his "Flash Kick" anti air or his "Sonic Boom"  projectile.

Complex inputs/commands give the diff. characters more versatility and more depth - it would be boring if Guile or Zangief would play the same way as Ryu.

Complex inputs/commands also show how experienced a player is. A Zangief player who can walk towards you AND can grab you with his 360 "Spinning Piledriver" or a Kazuya player who can constantly unleash his just frame "Electric Wind Godfist" launcher is a very skilled player and has a advantage over an unexperienced opponent.

Besides - you can give a char more specials/moves with a complex input/command scheme then with a simple one...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters   Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters Empty

Back to top Go down

Reguarding a habit of mine with my new characters
Page 1 of 1