The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» X-men Portraits Collection
What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 Emptyby JKMaxx Today at 12:16 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 Emptyby Doom Today at 10:40 am

» The Hands of Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu #92 - Yakuza Showdown!
What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 Emptyby Doom Today at 10:38 am

» Captain Falcon Release
What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 Emptyby Doom Today at 10:37 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?

Go down 
+13
skhsato123
Staubhold
varo_hades
Doom
Mistah Jorge
black dragon
Navana
shags2dope
Minun
volzzilla
Werewood
O Ilusionista
Arkady
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Staubhold

Staubhold

What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 9:05 am

I agree on some points in your vid black dragon, but if a author doesn´t listen to feedback or want help then you have to accept it as a "lost cause".

I ignore those creations, cause I see that they look bad or are coded badly.

Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 9:06 am

no one is obligated or forced to listen to feedback.

mugen is not a job where the creators must do things that they are told. they do what they want regarding creation.

people can offer up advice, but they need to realize a couple things when doing so:
- the more disrespectful or negative a tone they have when they do so probably ups the odds that the person they are giving said advice to will ignore them
- i said it before, but it is very important, no one is obligated or forced to listen to feedback. when people think their advice needs to be adhered to, that is when problems arise. all feedback givers can do is offer whatever advice and move on. because when they worry about if it is implemented and the creator chooses not to (which is their right because they are the ones spending their personal time in the hobby), said feedback givers get upset
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
shags2dope

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 12:25 pm

volzzilla wrote:
no one is obligated or forced to listen to feedback.

mugen is not a job where the creators must do things that they are told. they do what they want regarding creation.

people can offer up advice, but they need to realize a couple things when doing so:
- the more disrespectful or negative a tone they have when they do so probably ups the odds that the person they are giving said advice to will ignore them
- i said it before, but it is very important, no one is obligated or forced to listen to feedback. when people think their advice needs to be adhered to, that is when problems arise. all feedback givers can do is offer whatever advice and move on. because when they worry about if it is implemented and the creator chooses not to (which is their right because they are the ones spending their personal time in the hobby), said feedback givers get upset

Once again everyone here is only presenting the "victim" side of the story. We can all agree this is not a job and unless you are good enough to get commissions you arent getting paid for this. But i dont understand the mentality i dont wanna get better because i dont have to. You guys can still be nice guys and support and love each other without having to compromise actual growth. If your little brother SUCKS at baseball, but wants to play go out there and practice with him so he gets better. Someone brought up football, if you go play with your friends and you suck, nobody wants you on their team. This isnt a professional game its just a bunch of guys playing for fun, but they wanna win, and dont want someone who is no good bringing down THEIR fun with his lack of skill.

Like even in the particular thread and the actual thread in question. The author said he would only acknowledge real feedback and he does listen to it, but here we are and he hasnt even acknowledged anyone who says anything but great or good or what have you. This whole dialogue is not to stifle his or anyones creativity but to prosper it.

Everyone can afford to become better and the issue i am addressing here is the overall lack of wanting to acheive that....i am brining up the issue that it seems ppl are skating by and having their buddies pat them on the back for .....trying. And god forbid you say try hard. You all mention the guys you look up and how you honor their works....

Well do you think metallica would be a great band if they just saw black sabbath and played average or didnt push themselves....Do you think kobe or lebron would be who they are now if they saw Michael jordan and said he is good but i dont wanna work that hard i just like to dribble. The point is all of those men including the idols. Started out just having fun, but they pushed themselves to be great and eventually hard pushed them to greatness.

I am not saying everyone should Magus or Zvitor or O illusionista but what i am saying is create your legacy by doing THE BEST you can do. If you doing very average palllet swaps is your best so be it, but i HIGHLY doubt it is
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 1:41 pm

@shags2dope
That sounds coherent, and logical.
We're probably all right. Simply, the communication is difficult ... XD
Equally, remember that all my comments were generics and personal. He did not speak of any particular case or person.
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 1:52 pm

shags2dope wrote:

Once again everyone here is only presenting the "victim" side of the story.

i am not presenting any victim thing.

i am saying no one is obligated to have to take someone's advice regarding feedback and apply it to the creation. i am also saying the more negative (not talking listing lots of things, i am saying being rude over subjective things) someone goes, the higher likelihood/odds whatever will be ignored.

Last edited by volzzilla on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IkuTronHD

IkuTronHD

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 10:53 am

Español:
Spoiler:

English:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://erosgiovanni92.wixsite.com/ikutronhd-site
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 1:46 pm

borewood2013 wrote:
black dragon wrote:
ohhhh
it's hard for me to type
Please do so because I really want to know what you said after your said "long silence"........ What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 2649099129

Now I remember who black dragon was............now no need to hear more of his "voices" even given in words....... No

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@shags2dope:
>> You guys can still be nice guys and support and love each other without having to compromise actual growth
let me put it simple => to an online forum, its members' support/love/passion/PEACE and POSTS are among the most important elements. yes
Shared works can be considered some "extra gifts" or some "promotion purpose". Wink

@IkuTronHD:
>> My opinion would be that each one went by his side and leave empaz to any author. If you do not want to follow your advice leave it and now.
If I am not wrong about your MUGEN opinion meaning....then I agree to it too => if someone doesn't care about your feedback, then you can just leave him/her/it alone and care for somebody else. What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 3876111886
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 6:29 pm

in case the context was lost on my earlier comments, i was not saying feedback is bad. i wish more people here knew how to give feedback.

i was merely stating that sometimes drama happens in mugen because people give feedback and then get upset because their feedback was not implemented. my point was that should not happen.
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Minun wrote:
A stereotypical Youtube "feedback" giver analysis. (AKA Crappy character basher)

A good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver is:
- one who knows how to spell the English word "RESPECT" and walk the word - Meh, depends on the person's nationallity and where they came from.

- one who knows very much about fighting games and fighting game engines like M.U.G.E.N - A majority of bashers are big fans of fighting games so that's a plus. As for me, I love fighting games, but I don't play them as much as I am more into RPGS, First Person Shooters (Things like Fallout and Halo.), and platformers.

- one who knows very much about video games in general, not just fighting games - Some are more into TV shows than games, some are the other way around... Meh.

- one who has extensive experience in testing all kinds of M.U.G.E.N productions (including motifs/characters/stages/add-ons) - No.

- one who uses not only text but also images and/or videos when giving feedback - Bashing videos are a form of well, videos.

- one who has no bias toward the choices of M.U.G.E.N productions the target related creators and authors make Oh boy, don't they ALL love to do this kind of crap.

- one who does not mix the feedback with personal issues and feelings - Human tendancies.

- one who appreciates rather than makes fun of the target M.U.G.E.N creators and authors' works - They DON'T appreciate creators and their works.  I got some random dude wishing death upon me over making a poorly made MUGEN character 4 years ago.

- one who pinpoints only the good and bad of the target M.U.G.E.N productions, not something about the personality/habit/style/taste/reputation/behavior of the related creators and authors Bashers in a nutshell "UMG BAD SPRITES THE SPRITES SUCK OH MY GOD THIS CHARACTERS SPRITES SUCK AND WHY IS ITS AI SO CHEAP OMG I CANT BEAT THIS CHARACTER LOGJDFGIOPFJSF"

- one who knows the "arts of wordings" that can make the target M.U.G.E.N creators and authors feel more comfortable when a harsh criticism towards their M.U.G.E.N productions is unavoidable

- one who shows patience when dealing with target M.U.G.E.N creators and authors who feel offended and keep defending - Don't know.

- one who never uses any type of insult even when he/she/it does not like the target M.U.G.E.N productions and the target M.U.G.E.N creators and authors - Never seen a female MUGEN character neither did I see a male one, but yeah, the MUGEN community LOVES to insult people.

Yep right Minun
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 2:56 am

I just changed by user name from "borewood2013" back to "Werewood", which means there is going to be a change about me now. What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 705151839

From now on I don't care about e-bashing/e-haunting/e-trolling/e-bullying against me and my MUGEN stuff any more. No

I now will take the good part of MUGEN Feedback (i.e. hypers give back MUGEN Power) and ignore the bad part of MUGEN Feedback (i.e. you suck at MUGEN making). What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 3876111886

BUT!  If you are going to give MUGEN feedback then be sure not to use any insulting words to other MMV'ers Arrow :
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t11026-global-announcement-no-insulting-words-or-the-like-are-allowed-in-mmv

My eye problems are getting worse these days............I want to spend my energy on something more productive (i.e. my own very belated MUGEN works and the coming 2017 Christmas MMV Event and MMV admin/mod tasks)....... What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 3876111886
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
mulambo

mulambo

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 9:00 am

totally agree with you there, Werewood.
especially the point about reputation.
about defensiveness: we should make a distinction between acting on a defensive way and actually explaining the choices behind some directions we make. the reason of this: making free stuff doesn't require the creator to be "all ears" about anything, as we're not paid, as this is not a service we provide in change of a retribution, therefore free creativity must not bow down to any criteria, dogma or principle. this doesn't mean being unpolite all the time, or responding to comments in an offensive way (unless the persons who receives explanations feels offended by a honest reply), especially if there are many smart people out there using professional ways of talking to make other users feel bad about themselves. the bad thing is that such behaviour can't be spotted easily and it's always too late to recognize a  "passive-aggressive" person/user. being passive-aggressive means to talk politely, but to act drastically.

another thing that I've seen lately is that sometimes people seem to give positive feedback in any occasion, despite the fact they probably have something to judge but they fear to. but this is probably better than some other people directly expressing hate by default, like if they could never be polite or they're driven by hate / have no sensibility (and I would mention another non-mugen forum but it's troo drama already).
Back to top Go down
http://emanuelepepi.altervista.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4