The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? Emptyby Doom Today at 10:40 am

» The Hands of Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu #92 - Yakuza Showdown!
What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? Emptyby Doom Today at 10:38 am

» Captain Falcon Release
What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? Emptyby Doom Today at 10:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? Emptyby Doom Today at 10:28 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?

Go down 
+13
skhsato123
Staubhold
varo_hades
Doom
Mistah Jorge
black dragon
Navana
shags2dope
Minun
volzzilla
Werewood
O Ilusionista
Arkady
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Werewood

Werewood

What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? Empty
PostSubject: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyNovember 21st 2014, 2:21 am

I joined MMV recently and I see this forum rule:
"- Forum Rules -
Feedback is not only welcomed here, it is encouraged. And we thank any of you that take the time to offer it. But at no time does that give you license to insult our community or our members when you do so. We have a rule about respect at all times and we expect all of our members to follow it, including when giving feedback."

The opinion below belongs to me ONLY.  It has nothing to do with anybody's opinion.
Everybody's opinion is different.  So, it is all just me.........

My sole opinion:

A good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver is:

- one who knows how to spell the English word "RESPECT" and walk the word
- one who knows very much about fighting games and fighting game engines like M.U.G.E.N
- one who knows very much about video games in general, not just fighting games
- one who has extensive experience in testing all kinds of M.U.G.E.N productions (including motifs/characters/stages/add-ons)
- one who uses not only text but also images and/or videos when giving feedback
- one who has no bias toward the choices of M.U.G.E.N productions the target related creators and authors make
- one who does not mix the feedback with personal issues and feelings
- one who appreciates rather than makes fun of the target M.U.G.E.N creators and authors' works
- one who pinpoints only the good and bad of the target M.U.G.E.N productions, not something about the personality/habit/style/taste/reputation/behavior of the related creators and authors
- one who knows the "arts of wordings" that can make the target M.U.G.E.N creators and authors feel more comfortable when a harsh criticism towards their M.U.G.E.N productions is unavoidable
- one who shows patience when dealing with target M.U.G.E.N creators and authors who feel offended and keep defending
- one who never uses any type of insult even when he/she/it does not like the target M.U.G.E.N productions and the target M.U.G.E.N creators and authors
- (optional) one who possesses some level of M.U.G.E.N making knowledge and skill (i.e. at least knowing the basics mentioned in mugen/docs/air.html and mugen/docs/cns.html)

Simply put, a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver must not keep e-bullying and e-haunting any M.U.G.E.N creators and authors!
Just focus on the objective feedback giving, no interference/interruption to one's M.U.G.E.N life at all!

Feel free to agree yes /disagree No .

Last edited by borewood2013 on October 8th 2017, 5:25 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Arkady

Arkady

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyNovember 21st 2014, 6:27 am

Thumbs up, i enjoyed reading this
Back to top Go down
O Ilusionista

O Ilusionista

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyNovember 21st 2014, 7:18 am

I agree with you in 90% of your examples. But some, to me, doesn't makes much sense. I can explain it better if you want.
Or we will fall into the "Let the shoemaker venture no furhter".

Can I make one question? Explain "what makes a good Mugen feedback TAKER?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilmugenteam.com
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyNovember 21st 2014, 7:49 am

Arkady wrote:
Thumbs up, i enjoyed reading this
These are only some essential points I summarized after me (and my MUGEN Tragic Bros.) being a MUGEN-bash-happy victim for years (2010-2014)....

O Ilusionista wrote:
I agree with you in 90% of your examples. But some, to me, doesn't makes much sense.  I can explain it better if you want.
Or we will fall into the "Let the shoemaker venture no furhter".

Can I make one question? Explain "what makes a good Mugen feedback TAKER?"

That was why I said, "Feel free to agree yes /disagree No ."  So, what is the non-sense 10% you mentioned please?  Care to explain a bit more?
Oh that question of yours is actually an embarrassing one to me, as I am really a bad M.U.G.E.N feedback taker...... pale
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyDecember 16th 2014, 10:52 pm

this is a very good read Smile thanx for posting it Very Happy

however...

the password hint thing from it, if it is in the first item of your list in bold, isn't working Razz

Last edited by volzzilla on June 7th 2017, 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyDecember 17th 2014, 6:31 am

volzzilla wrote:
this is a very good read Smile thanx for posting it Very Happy

however...

the password hint thing from it, if it is in the first item of your list in bold, isn't working Razz

The whole password is:
I_am_a_MUGEN_feedback_giver_who_knows_how_to_spell_the_English_word_!!!!!!!

!!!!!!! is what you have discovered with the bold upper-case English word here yes
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 12:58 pm

no more secrecy Razz i entered respect, Respect, and RESPECT and each of them failed.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 1:28 pm

volzzilla wrote:
no more secrecy Razz i entered respect, Respect, and RESPECT and each of them failed.

You got it right!  Yes it is "I_am_a_MUGEN_feedback_giver_who_knows_how_to_spell_the_English_word_RESPECT" without double-quotes.  yes
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyDecember 18th 2014, 11:18 pm

that may be the longest password of all time Razz
Back to top Go down
Minun

Minun

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyMarch 24th 2015, 5:40 pm

A stereotypical Youtube "feedback" giver analysis. (AKA Crappy character basher)

A good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver is:
- one who knows how to spell the English word "RESPECT" and walk the word - Meh, depends on the person's nationallity and where they came from.

- one who knows very much about fighting games and fighting game engines like M.U.G.E.N - A majority of bashers are big fans of fighting games so that's a plus. As for me, I love fighting games, but I don't play them as much as I am more into RPGS, First Person Shooters (Things like Fallout and Halo.), and platformers.

- one who knows very much about video games in general, not just fighting games - Some are more into TV shows than games, some are the other way around... Meh.

- one who has extensive experience in testing all kinds of M.U.G.E.N productions (including motifs/characters/stages/add-ons) - No.

- one who uses not only text but also images and/or videos when giving feedback - Bashing videos are a form of well, videos.

- one who has no bias toward the choices of M.U.G.E.N productions the target related creators and authors make Oh boy, don't they ALL love to do this kind of crap.

- one who does not mix the feedback with personal issues and feelings - Human tendancies.

- one who appreciates rather than makes fun of the target M.U.G.E.N creators and authors' works - They DON'T appreciate creators and their works.  I got some random dude wishing death upon me over making a poorly made MUGEN character 4 years ago.

- one who pinpoints only the good and bad of the target M.U.G.E.N productions, not something about the personality/habit/style/taste/reputation/behavior of the related creators and authors Bashers in a nutshell "UMG BAD SPRITES THE SPRITES SUCK OH MY GOD THIS CHARACTERS SPRITES SUCK AND WHY IS ITS AI SO CHEAP OMG I CANT BEAT THIS CHARACTER LOGJDFGIOPFJSF"

- one who knows the "arts of wordings" that can make the target M.U.G.E.N creators and authors feel more comfortable when a harsh criticism towards their M.U.G.E.N productions is unavoidable

- one who shows patience when dealing with target M.U.G.E.N creators and authors who feel offended and keep defending - Don't know.

- one who never uses any type of insult even when he/she/it does not like the target M.U.G.E.N productions and the target M.U.G.E.N creators and authors - Never seen a female MUGEN character neither did I see a male one, but yeah, the MUGEN community LOVES to insult people.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyMarch 30th 2015, 7:53 am

@PrincessOfTheGalaxy:
Thank you for you input!  What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? 705151839

>> Meh, depends on the person's nationallity and where they came from.
I think it shall be largely related to one's moral education more...........and personal background like you said, for example, a victim can easily turn into a culprit in many real life cases.......

>> A majority of bashers are big fans of fighting games so that's a plus. As for me, I love fighting games, but I don't play them as much as I am more into RPGS, First Person Shooters (Things like Fallout and Halo.), and platformers.
You are right.  If one doesn't like fighting games then he/she/it probably doesn't bother with MUGEN at all.  Knowing fighting games well indeed helps one's MUGEN.  But some fighting game experts who are also MUGEN fans think they are "the best of the best of the East/West" and look down on other less skillful/knowledgeable fans.  I guess in any fields there are usually people like that.......
Hey, I am a RPG and plaformer video game fan too!  May be some times we can share something about it with each other Very Happy .  (oh but I am not a FPS - First Person Shooters fan because my poor eyes can't take it at all.... What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? 3855700884 )

>> Some are more into TV shows than games, some are the other way around... Meh.
Well, just an optional point.  I meant a general video gamer has potential to be a fighting game expert and then a MUGEN fan.............TV shows are cool too~~~~

>> No.
Well, if you are not good at testing a production-based hobby like MUGEN, then how can you give legit MUGEN feedback?  It's like those experienced MAME testers out there.........
The only problem is, some experience MUGEN testers tend to intervene a test subject by mentioning non-MUGEN-products stuff...... What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? 3419901605

>> Bashing videos are a form of well, videos.
Indeed most YouTube MUGEN videos are all about e-bashing...........it is used as the main e-entertainment among those "MUGEN small circles" yes

>> Oh boy, don't they ALL love to do this kind of crap.
"I have no bias" cannot happen in the human world I guess, and, you and I have bias but some good ones can manage to not express it when giving feedback.

>> Human tendancies
True.  Again, some rare good ones can manage to not mix it when giving feedback.

>> They DON'T appreciate creators and their works.  I got some random dude wishing death upon me over making a poorly made MUGEN character 4 years ago.
I can't agree with you more!  To me especially by those heartless and reckless MUGEN Pro's! Mad
Let's shake some hands:
What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? OkAcvqy

>> Bashers in a nutshell "UMG BAD SPRITES THE SPRITES SUCK OH MY GOD THIS CHARACTERS SPRITES SUCK AND WHY IS ITS AI SO CHEAP OMG I CANT BEAT THIS CHARACTER LOGJDFGIOPFJSF"
That might be why some e-bashers never make/release anything because they are afraid to taste the their own same medicine LOL lol!

>> Don't know.
I can tell you very few feedback givers have such patience.  But at least they can just stop giving feedback rather than e-bashing/e-haunting/e-bullying/e-mocking...... No 

>> Never seen a female MUGEN character neither did I see a male one, but yeah, the MUGEN community LOVES to insult people.
Nothing we can do about it except for "rage-quitting" or switching to another online MUGEN places.........*sigh*.........
Back to top Go down
Minun

Minun

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyApril 1st 2015, 3:43 pm

>> Never seen a female MUGEN character neither did I see a male one, but yeah, the MUGEN community LOVES to insult people.

WOAH, WOAH. Did I just type that one part?

Ugh... That symptom's kicking in again.

Never seen a female MUGEN author, but yeah, the MUGEN community on Youtube LOVES to insult people.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyMay 20th 2016, 4:31 pm

I really want to nominate Staubhold to some "The-21st-Century-Best-M.U.G.E.N-Feedback-Givers" MUGEN awards/election.  Everybody can clearly see how good and how healthy Staubhold's MUGEN feedbacks always are, in MMV here and in all other MUGEN forums throughout the century. yes

If everybody can give healthy MUGEN feedback like Staubhold always does, then the dream of the days of true MUGEN world peace can become true.......What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? 7e690e623f29c729086f32c54298f384
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyApril 21st 2017, 4:24 pm

Looks like someone here wants to discuss more about how a MUGEN feedback shall be given Arrow :
shags2dope wrote:
lol That was a very dramatic speech, but i will keep my response to all of it brief. You are correct it is his HOBBY and he can do WHATEVER HE WANTS. A great analogy is singing you can sing in the shower, on the train wherever and since you arent getting paid its your right and your business how well you do it. Your friends and family are gonna support it no matter WHAT!!! But once you put yourself out there to the world it is open to criticism so if you dont sing well and someone is rude and says STOP. That is not.....hating nor is it bullying.  

But as far as the falcon himself, i would suggest maybe a different stance so he doesnt come off like cyclops, at the moment he looks like a pallete swap of cyclops (A very good one i might add) but a swap none the less. Maybe something different to separate the two. Skhsato you are cleary passionate about what you do, but i do believe you would benefit from pushing harder. Start creating things from scratch or doing a bit more frankenspriting mixing bases. You have a very helpful team behind you and the great thing about that support system is that if you try something new and fail. They will be there to help you so you can only get better

I have been in the MUGEN online scene(s) since 2004.  I have seen more than enough of this MUGEN feedback thingy all over most MUGEN online places (many of which are e-dead now).
I understand one has to grow thicker face skin when he/she/it plans to release some kind of works out there.  Some faces' skin can surely grow thicker but some just cannot grow much at all.  This is some born personality which is so hard to change.  Yes, there are usually people out there & in here doing the "judge of everything", and what actually matters is that, YOU the very YOU, do you want to be the same "judge of everything"?  By being such a "judge of everything", is it that really make you feel happier and/or higher?  Just imagine that, one day you decide to share your beloved making to the e-world, to be honest, do you REALLY want to see some e-bashing/e-haunting/e-trolling/e-bullying comments like those, EVEN your own personality tells your face's skin is considered thick? Question
Just two (2) choices for you (and everybody else) here Neutral :
A) being a MUGEN e-bashing/e-haunting/e-trolling/e-bullying giver to try to fill up your e-pride and to be disliked by most MUGEN authors/creators No ;
B) being a gentle and fair MUGEN Feedback Giver (provided that you need to be qualified to be one according to my top post up there) who is liked by most MUGEN authors/creators yes .
It is all up to you............ What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? 3876111886

Last edited by borewood2013 on April 21st 2017, 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
shags2dope

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? EmptyApril 21st 2017, 4:36 pm

I appreciate you have been in the community for a long time, and thats fantastic...i'm also sure you have had your fair share of negative experiences but first and foremost any rational person would see my post and realize that it is a fact. The world is much bigger than bad guys and good guys.

The best things in mugen are from ppl who took feedback and utilized it accordingly. I have seen the difference that happens on here and on places like MFG or hell even IMT or the now defunct CC. Alot of the time here it is a safe place for ppl to post things with NOOOOOOOO criticism and if you do criticize someone comes behind you and undermines it with things like I support you forget that guy.

LIke even now you didnt quote my ACTUAL feedback......now you quoted my reasons for accepting negative feedback aswell.....so now the guy shows up.....responds to your "Support" when you didnt give any feedback either other than Haters gonna hate.....see how that is not productive eitherr??

You have generalized all this and all i said was to take everything into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver?   What makes a good M.U.G.E.N feedback giver? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next