The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
DK sprite revamp - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
DK sprite revamp - Page 2 Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
DK sprite revamp - Page 2 Emptyby O Ilusionista Yesterday at 10:19 am

» Rogue By Acey Palette issue
DK sprite revamp - Page 2 Emptyby LightingRed99 Yesterday at 5:46 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DK sprite revamp

Go down 
+11
wingnut
volzzilla
Lows 9.0
Adminbot
Fightfan
dfalcon
NinjaRyu
Ganbare-Lucifer
Ax
flammableking
aperson98
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fightfan

DK sprite revamp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 9th 2014, 11:00 am

Are you using free hand spriting to fill in all the new stuff?
Back to top Go down
aperson98

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 9th 2014, 3:03 pm

dfalcon wrote:
i have to say this make the stance primate style lol the arm up like that bug me a bit also if you need help getting dk sound just tell me :)i can get them for you

Thanks I would try a four legged stance If I could draw the animation well, but I kinda don't know how to sadly if anyone can make a good stance I would be most grateful. As for sounds I kind of looking for his cartoony voice and his SSBB voice I think me and DJhannibalroyce would like two snd voice files to pick from.

Oh by the way I just finished sprites for a SSB favorite for people his giant punch I hope you guys enjoy the retouch on this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
flammableking

flammableking

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 9th 2014, 4:04 pm

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! THAT'S WHAT WE WANT!!! =DDD
Back to top Go down
Adminbot

Adminbot

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 12th 2014, 8:26 pm

Moving to the projects area as it seems to be more of a Mugen project.
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com
Ganbare-Lucifer

Ganbare-Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 12th 2014, 8:46 pm

There is an unused attack that could work...

Good luck
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
Lows 9.0

Lows 9.0

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 13th 2014, 7:29 am

aperson98 wrote:

Good animation, keep it up!
Back to top Go down
http://allmugenstuff.blogspot.com.br/
aperson98

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2014, 4:52 pm

A minor update I made some sprites for K.rool intro anybody who seen the ending of DKC 2 will know what these sprites are used for.

Also a single frame of a four legged stance I'm not sure if I can animate it well to be honest.

Fightfan wrote:

Well I redrew some enlarged sprites so..sort of.

Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 15th 2014, 7:02 pm

aperson98 wrote:

A minor update I made some sprites for K.rool intro anybody who seen the ending of DKC 2 will know what these sprites are used for.

Also a single frame of a four legged stance I'm not sure if I can animate it well to be honest.

Fightfan wrote:

Well I redrew some enlarged sprites so..sort of.

I wish you would do a K. Rool wip! That looks awesome!

BTW I think his butt should have the hairy bit put back in. He's a hairy animal, I don't think it looks weird on him and besides the base should keep those details from son son because the original unaltered base is what gives frankensprites great detail. In my experience through examining other creator's work I always noticed that the best looking stuff is the simplest stuff. Try not to over edit something to make it look perfect because you can lose a lot of details from the original spriters from Capcom. I've seen sprite edits where spriters have tried to fill in a lot of details in a base and it sometimes destroys the quality of the whole character.

There are of course some exceptions and that is if you can make it look really good but that's pretty hard to do. I try and always play it safe but anyway though I guess you maybe haven't finished the concept yet so maybe I am speaking too soon and you haven't completed yet the edit that you are showing us right now.

@Blizzard Buffalo,

that's a good idea, I like it. An arm swing attack seems like something he could do for sure. Though I don't know about that kick thing in the second half of the animation, it looks really awkward and that's probably why they ditched that idea?

Also just sharing my opinion about the voice thing; I like his DKC voice best since it gave his personality that happy Nintendo feel we remember from those great games. The Smash Bros voice is okay but at times they are too deep from the original version. The DKC version had monkey sounds and I think they were chimpanzee sounds and it really gave him a hilarious personality in those cutscenes with Cranky Kong and when he gets hurt and etc.

Though it's cool if you go with smash bros but just saying I like the DKC version for various reasons all ready mentioned.

Also I would suggest anything other than brawl. brawl made every character a twilight princess character and those characters were way too dark; the complete opposite of Nintendo. Go with melee or the original Super Smash Bros 64. Those are at least a little lighter.

I would even rather recommend using Mario Kart 64's Donkey Kong even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWINseIbbdQ

Back to top Go down
Ganbare-Lucifer

Ganbare-Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 16th 2014, 12:50 pm

...why not Donkey Kong 64 voice? :·3

It's coolish too!
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
Lows 9.0

Lows 9.0

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 16th 2014, 1:10 pm

aperson98 wrote:

Awesome!!  bounce
Back to top Go down
http://allmugenstuff.blogspot.com.br/
flammableking

flammableking

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 17th 2014, 12:06 am

If I were talented enough, there would already be a King K. Rool... I say this because I've been wanting him and Wario to show-up in Super Smash Bros since I heard rumors about Brawl, back in 2007... Out of all the fan-made rosters that I saw... Only few contained King K. Rool... It sucks because it seems that every time I like a character, they are either hated, even by their creator (Drahmin); thrown away in newer versions of the games they appeared in (Drahmin, Meat, Anakaris, Blackheart, Servbot, Juggernaut, Necrid, Berserker); crippled and/or weak in gameplay (Mr. Game & Watch, Mokujin, Wario, Gold Lightan, Menos Grande, Potemkin); unable to use their own fighting styles (Charade, Mokujin, Combot); forgotten and left behind, never to be seen in anything new again (Krumm, Brian The Brain, Sinder, Earthworm Jim, Blob, Q, Stun The Insect, Kohryu The Iron Mole); or they just decay over-time, and act completely different from when I started to like them (Wario, Crash Bandicoot, Astaroth) .... The list goes on, Man... It's poop. And, it's one of the main reasons why I love Mugen so much... I can actually show characters that I like just how much I like them by empowering them, and giving them what they need to be functional and playable. And, that is what I intend to do for every character I fell in love with as a young boy. And, Mugen can make it all happen. :'D
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 18th 2014, 7:52 am

aperson98 wrote:

i absolutely love the SSB giant punch Very Happy K.Rool is looking cool too.
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
aperson98

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 19th 2014, 10:30 am

Ax wrote:

Also just sharing my opinion about the voice thing; I like his DKC voice best since it gave his personality that happy Nintendo feel we remember from those great games. The Smash Bros voice is okay but at times they are too deep from the original version. The DKC version had monkey sounds and I think they were chimpanzee sounds and it really gave him a hilarious personality in those cutscenes with Cranky Kong and when he gets hurt and etc.

Though it's cool if you go with smash bros but just saying I like the DKC version for various reasons all ready mentioned.

Also I would suggest anything other than brawl. brawl made every character a twilight princess character and those characters were way too dark; the complete opposite of Nintendo. Go with melee or the original Super Smash Bros 64. Those are at least a little lighter.

I would even rather recommend using Mario Kart 64's Donkey Kong even better.

I was planning to use his modern cartoon voice as the main voice he uses and have the Brawl voice as an alternate snd to clear things up also his modern voice has by far the most voice clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2KkkLxdifw

It seems everybody has their idea of what DK should sound like maybe a poll should be added.  lol! 

Oh before I forget bug sprite update got his jumping, roll, and minecart animations touched up.

Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 20th 2014, 6:38 pm

those new sprites look really good Very Happy

though make sure to check the clean up a little. seeing some stray white pixels on the edges of a couple
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
wingnut

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 EmptyApril 21st 2014, 8:46 am

Cool stuff!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DK sprite revamp   DK sprite revamp - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DK sprite revamp
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next