The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 Emptyby O Ilusionista Yesterday at 10:19 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic

Go down 
+12
Shining
alnyrd
sil3nt_j
Fede X
OGSymbiote
chancethegamer
Splash
BigPimp
candido159
MatreroG
crosspotts1.0
Doom
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
volzzilla

volzzilla

Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyJuly 8th 2022, 8:02 am

something about the left to right transfer looked off?

though it was hard to see everything in a 4v4 match Razz
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
chancethegamer

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyJuly 8th 2022, 12:24 pm

I agree. I liked the idea but the left to right transition didn’t seem right. I know some MK3 stages are basically up and down versions of each other but not that transition
Back to top Go down
LasombraDemon

LasombraDemon

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyJuly 28th 2022, 9:15 am

A new SCTRL is allowing us to actually expand and shrink stage areas! This is a gamechanger.

Back to top Go down
LasombraDemon

LasombraDemon

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyJuly 28th 2022, 9:23 am

volzzilla wrote:

chancethegamer wrote:
I agree.
I liked the idea but the left to right transition didn’t seem right. I know some MK3 stages are basically up and down versions of each other but not that transition

Sorry guys just noticed your comments.

I could use details on what looked off, but yeah, the idea is kind of a slomo and scrolling effect, where only one character goes through the wall (and spawns debris) and the rest lag behind, and then they jump into the screen.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyJuly 28th 2022, 8:58 pm

LasombraDemon wrote:
A new SCTRL is allowing us to actually expand and shrink stage areas! This is a gamechanger.

cool video, including on how you changed P1. but can you please elaborate on how its a gamechanger?
Back to top Go down
LasombraDemon

LasombraDemon

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyJuly 28th 2022, 10:14 pm

volzzilla wrote:
cool video, including on how you changed P1. but can you please elaborate on how its a gamechanger?

Thanks! Well, this is a gamechanger because this new SCTRL allows us to dynamically change stage size.

So far, we could only scroll props around, not shrink or expand or redefine the gameplay area.

This new SCTRL allows us to change stage parameters! Thus, instead of just scrolling the stage into the Women's bath, we expand it. Both areas are available.

This will be released when 0.99 is public (I developed and tested it in a compiled version with the latest source changes).
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyJuly 29th 2022, 4:08 pm

LasombraDemon wrote:
volzzilla wrote:

chancethegamer wrote:
I agree.
I liked the idea but the left to right transition didn’t seem right. I know some MK3 stages are basically up and down versions of each other but not that transition

Sorry guys just noticed your comments.

I could use details on what looked off, but yeah, the idea is kind of a slomo and scrolling effect, where only one character goes through the wall (and spawns debris) and the rest lag behind, and then they jump into the screen.

as for details, i just thought it seemed unnatural in the left to right look where certain fx just froze
Back to top Go down
LasombraDemon

LasombraDemon

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2022, 8:02 pm

New video of new WIP... Same features. Kinda.

This video showcases stuff that new IKEMEN Go versions will allow. A true revolution in interactive stagemaking.

gartanham and ELECTRO like this post

Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyAugust 8th 2022, 8:16 am

i like that stage interaction Smile

LasombraDemon likes this post

Back to top Go down
LasombraDemon

LasombraDemon

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyAugust 8th 2022, 10:46 pm

Thanks! More is coming

gartanham, zequi007, pseudoingles and candido159 like this post

Back to top Go down
OGSymbiote

OGSymbiote

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2022, 7:22 am

these stages are dope! really good work man Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 670481599
Back to top Go down
candido159

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2022, 12:21 pm

Amazing! I cannot imagine how challenging adding these codes are. scared
Back to top Go down
LasombraDemon

LasombraDemon

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2022, 7:54 pm

Thanks guys!

The code for the stage expansion itself is fairly easy; my buddy Wreq actually just added a new SCTRL to the engine (that's why IKEMEN Go is so darn cool!) that modifies stage parameters and I change BoundLeft and BoundRight via that.

What's really complex is properly detecting certain conditions when characters are actually slammed against the edge of the screen. Not that complicated if the character is *not* in a customstate, but when in a customstate, things can get messy.

To summarize the code (cuz I actually check for more stuff), I check for two things:
a) If the character which is next to the edge has been damaged since the last tick.
b) If the character which is next to the edge is actually *further* from the edge since the last tick.

Both a and b are interpreted as "The character was slammed against the wall during the customstate", and thus trigger the damage condition.
Back to top Go down
LasombraDemon

LasombraDemon

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyAugust 22nd 2022, 2:16 pm

The whole set of RotD stages is ready.

volzzilla and MatreroG like this post

Back to top Go down
MatreroG

MatreroG

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 EmptyAugust 24th 2022, 11:20 am

Nice! Another handful of interactive stages with the seal of LasombraDemon Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 670481599

LasombraDemon likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqWXFLyId41h6itJE2IwhlQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic   Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next