The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
Kilowog credits & commission talk Emptyby Shining Today at 12:51 am

» Classic VS : Athena
Kilowog credits & commission talk Emptyby ELECTRO May 15th 2024, 12:27 pm

» More Legionnaires
Kilowog credits & commission talk Emptyby marvel May 15th 2024, 8:18 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
Kilowog credits & commission talk Emptyby Shining May 14th 2024, 10:56 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Kilowog credits & commission talk

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adminbot

Adminbot

Kilowog credits & commission talk Empty
PostSubject: Kilowog credits & commission talk   Kilowog credits & commission talk EmptyApril 11th 2022, 11:54 am

Do not list skillfrank as a creator/author.

He has zero authority over the character other than he paid some money for some anonymous (or is the guy named DOJ?) sprite editor to make some sprites.

His paying someone a commission does not mean he becomes Kilowog's creator/author/whatever.

He admitted to me "I paid a commission " and was told....

"That doesn't make you an author. It means you paid someone to make sprites. You are not paying for the ability to say are their creator.

Given that info now, you were best to just go along for the ride like i said to you before. So if you are credited as an author, its not out of the realm of possibilities for the real sprite editor to make drama when their name is kept out and replaced by you.

And just because you paid that commission doesnt mean you own them and therefore decide their future either. The moment sprites made by someone else were given to candido, they now become his to do with as he sees fit because you didn't make them. And what he sees fit is to fill in the sprites that are missing, which are alot."

...&....

"you did not make the sprites. you paid for their creation. that money was used for the sprites creation. that money was not used for you to say you are their creator. that money does not give you the right to force someone you willing gave the product to into some sort of servitude to you."

------

Apologies if this situation is old, but going through some things upon a visit, I felt I needed to add to the discussion given my 1st hand knowledge.

@demunlawin @candido159 feel free update Kilowog if you choose to do so.

pseudoingles, candido159 and yolomate like this post

Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com
candido159

Kilowog credits & commission talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kilowog credits & commission talk   Kilowog credits & commission talk EmptyApril 12th 2022, 9:39 am

Thanks for clearing things up Smile

If I'll update it I will remove him as author and add 2 new credits which are @riklaionel and guy named countgate that I saw from discord.
Both of them admitted that they were commissioned by skillfrank to sprite.
@riklaionel on running and walking sprites
Countgate on get hit sprites(although I haven't used all of his sprite because skillfrank didn't gave the other get hits, but still some of it was his)

They deserve to be acknowledge for being part of spriting those impressive sprites.

Now all that's missing is to know who did the basics.

pseudoingles and yolomate like this post

Back to top Go down

Kilowog credits & commission talk
Page 1 of 1