The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
Some questions about credits and permissions. Emptyby O Ilusionista Today at 10:19 am

» Rogue By Acey Palette issue
Some questions about credits and permissions. Emptyby LightingRed99 Today at 5:46 am

» Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage Stages by Arachno-Man
Some questions about credits and permissions. Emptyby Charmugen Today at 3:34 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Word Association Game <--
Some questions about credits and permissions. Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:01 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Some questions about credits and permissions.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueSpiderX

BlueSpiderX

Some questions about credits and permissions. Empty
PostSubject: Some questions about credits and permissions.   Some questions about credits and permissions. EmptyJune 30th 2019, 3:16 am

So i've been devoloping my chara for a long time already, it's almost finished. Just need some tweaks and cleaning.
But i have some problem that could be a major problem.

I've been using sprites and sounds from other characters. I'm not using a completely original asset from other characters. I'm using sprites and sounds from a character that was based on a game.

For example here:

Some questions about credits and permissions. GDm9fbC

I got the super spark effect from someone's character (let's say the character's name is X). But that super spark effect is not made by the creator of that character. The super spark effect is from Neo Geo Battle Colliseum.

So here are my questions:

1. Who should I give credit to ?
I don't know if the creator of X ripped the super spark effect from Neo Geo Battle Colliseum by his/her self or if he/she got the effect from yet another character.

2. Should I ask permission to use it ?
The spark effect is not made by the creator of X, and we don't know if he/she ripped the sprites. Do i still need to ask permission from him/her, or do i only need to give credit to him/her and Neo Geo since the spark effect came from there ?

My problem with asking permission is that i'm afraid that :

1. The creator of the character i want to use is rarely active or even worse, quitted Mugen.
2. The creator doesn't speak English. Trying to translate my words into their language could result in a miscommunication.

If what i'm doing is wrong then this could be a big trouble since almost all parts of my character are from other characters.

Thanks in advance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about credits and permissions.   Some questions about credits and permissions. EmptyJune 30th 2019, 11:56 am

you can't concern yourself with what the orig author may have done. all you can go off of is what he put in his readme. so if he listed whatever there, credit them. if not, credit the author. and dont worry about permission in how you referred to things as credit will be just fine in this case.
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
BlueSpiderX

BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about credits and permissions.   Some questions about credits and permissions. EmptyJune 30th 2019, 8:15 pm

volzzilla wrote:
you can't concern yourself with what the orig author may have done. all you can go off of is what he put in his readme. so if he listed whatever there, credit them. if not, credit the author. and dont worry about permission in how you referred to things as credit will be just fine in this case.

Usually the credits doesn't say what they do, it's just a bunch of names. So crediting the author is a safe choice right ?

Btw, is my character safe to continue ? scared
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about credits and permissions.   Some questions about credits and permissions. EmptyJuly 5th 2019, 3:23 pm

just credit in your case and you'll be fine
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
BlueSpiderX

BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about credits and permissions.   Some questions about credits and permissions. EmptyJuly 5th 2019, 6:26 pm

Aight thanks i got it Some questions about credits and permissions. 670481599
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about credits and permissions.   Some questions about credits and permissions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some questions about credits and permissions.
Page 1 of 1