The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
[Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits Emptyby Shining Today at 12:51 am

» Classic VS : Athena
[Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits Emptyby ELECTRO May 15th 2024, 12:27 pm

» More Legionnaires
[Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits Emptyby marvel May 15th 2024, 8:18 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
[Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits Emptyby Shining May 14th 2024, 10:56 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueSpiderX

BlueSpiderX

[Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits Empty
PostSubject: [Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits   [Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits EmptyMarch 25th 2020, 1:47 am

I'm gonna make this post short and split into into short cases we can (and probably should) discuss

Reply with why you agree or disagree with the cases

But first a message to the mods and admins,

I feel this topic is very sensitive and will cause heated debates, so please keep an eye on this post. I'm afraid things will get out of control.
Keep it civilized, please

1. We can edit a character from an inactive/retired author and then give them credit

I agree
Because what's the point of asking permissions. They can't answer us anymore, or actually care about MUGEN anymore.

2. We can edit a character from an inactive/retired author that forbids people from editing their work before asking their permisson, or does not give permission AT ALL when they WERE active, and then give them credit

Personally, i agree

No, i'm NOT defending the person who caused the Green Ranger incident, that thing's different.
That one CAUSED an author to retire MUGEN cause of someone not obeying that author's wish of not editing their works.

Technically, we can edit the works from that retired author now, since again, they can't answer us anymore. But due to respect, i will not do it.
And also maybe some people that are connected with that author will get angry too, despite the author theirself doesnt care anymore.
Although i saw a new Thor character recently, maybe i should investigate that.

But for works by retired solo authors who has no connections to other authors and forbid editing when they were active, i say we can just edit it and give credit.

3. We can edit a character from an ACTIVE author that doesn't say anything about editing their works and then give them credit

I agree
I don't see the problem, they never forbid anyone.
But since they're active it's best that i ask permission, just to clarify

4. We can edit a character from an ACTIVE author that FORBIDS people editing their works and then give them credit

I disagree, absolutely, no explanations needed.

I would like to clarify that in every case the author WILL get credit..
This post is just the matter of whether we need to ask permissions or not

So what's your opinion on this cases guys

Last edited by BlueSpiderX on March 25th 2020, 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LoKoLoKo

LoKoLoKo

PostSubject: Re: [Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits   [Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits EmptyMarch 25th 2020, 6:37 am

I liked the post man. this is an important issue and must be approached ethically. The creation of a Mugen character does not only require will, desire, but time, commitment, dedication, knowledge, and especially love for the hobby. Not only the chars, but the stages, the screen packs, color palettes, and add-ons in general. All of these elements make up the engine. Even more when the editions of mugo materials involve money ... See, don't get me wrong, even because I have already commissioned characters and works for mugen, and usually those who do it are for necessities, but end up making the hobby in commerce when the proportions become exaggerated and excessive. I recently became a character editor, quite an amateur in fact, but I have an ethical conduct to always ask the creator for permission to carry out these works, sending the character already converted for his testing and approval, always editing for free. I am happy to say that 99.9% of permission requests are approved. I receive PM from many members of the site and whenever possible I do the conversions in VS Style format, trying to contemplate everyone (I'm improving myself in MvC2 format) using generic internet codes, this is one of the reasons why I never cover the service after all, the code wasn't me who developed it ... the char wasn't me who created it ... I'm just applying my short knowledge so that some people can enjoy the character with another format. This activity requires time, commitment and love for Mugen. Again, I say again, whoever commissions your services is your problem, each with their own problems! I'm not criticizing or crucified, I'm just exposing my point of view, and as I mentioned before, I already commissioned Mugen's personegens and services, and I was very pleased with it, the work was excellent and highly satisfactory, and I say more, this situation was for me a teaching, and the desire to learn to create something, like, 'do it yourself' ... It is not any kind of propaganda or criticism just do your activities at Mugen in an ethical, conscious and respectful way. The hobby needs more committed people so that it doesn't fall by the wayside.
Back to top Go down
BlueSpiderX

BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: Re: [Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits   [Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits EmptyMarch 25th 2020, 6:59 am

LoKoLoKo wrote:
I liked the post man. this is an important issue and must be approached ethically. The creation of a Mugen character does not only require will, desire, but time, commitment, dedication, knowledge, and especially love for the hobby. Not only the chars, but the stages, the screen packs, color palettes, and add-ons in general. All of these elements make up the engine. Even more when the editions of mugo materials involve money ... See, don't get me wrong, even because I have already commissioned characters and works for mugen, and usually those who do it are for necessities, but end up making the hobby in commerce when the proportions become exaggerated and excessive. I recently became a character editor, quite an amateur in fact, but I have an ethical conduct to always ask the creator for permission to carry out these works, sending the character already converted for his testing and approval, always editing for free. I am happy to say that 99.9% of permission requests are approved. I receive PM from many members of the site and whenever possible I do the conversions in VS Style format, trying to contemplate everyone (I'm improving myself in MvC2 format) using generic internet codes, this is one of the reasons why I never cover the service after all, the code wasn't me who developed it ... the char wasn't me who created it ... I'm just applying my short knowledge so that some people can enjoy the character with another format. This activity requires time, commitment and love for Mugen. Again, I say again, whoever commissions your services is your problem, each with their own problems! I'm not criticizing or crucified, I'm just exposing my point of view, and as I mentioned before, I already commissioned Mugen's personegens and services, and I was very pleased with it, the work was excellent and highly satisfactory, and I say more, this situation was for me a teaching, and the desire to learn to create something, like, 'do it yourself' ... It is not any kind of propaganda or criticism just do your activities at Mugen in an ethical, conscious and respectful way. The hobby needs more committed people so that it doesn't fall by the wayside.

That is some nice info on your work and all but,

the (main) question is do you agree with the cases ?

Especially number 2 because it's a sensitive one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits   [Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discuss] Regarding character permissions and credits
Page 1 of 1