The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 Emptyby Shining Today at 12:51 am

» Classic VS : Athena
Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 Emptyby ELECTRO May 15th 2024, 12:27 pm

» More Legionnaires
Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 Emptyby marvel May 15th 2024, 8:18 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 Emptyby Shining May 14th 2024, 10:56 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations

Go down 
+18
Aℓίcℯ
naruto
Shining
O Ilusionista
Angelus_Silverhead
087-B
Rage
DC VS MARVEL
CARNAGE777
candido159
thatguy
Somm
BigPimp
BetoMC
yolomate
chancethegamer
crosspotts1.0
Splash
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
thatguy

thatguy

Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 3rd 2021, 6:44 pm

crosspotts1.0 wrote:
All this because I'm working on doc ock for every one to use lol

Yes I could see that this was a discussion that wouldn't stop so I moved it all to it's own thread to keep it of your WIP thread.

I'm happy to see for the majority people are being respectful and discussing the issues. Great points throughout this thread for sure.

Splash likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetoMC

Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 4th 2021, 8:39 am

The discussion was useless, unfortunately. They learned nothing from the past.

There is a fine line between thinking and imposing. If you say that you think everything should be free, it's just a thought. But when you say that everything is free, you are dictating. He's commanding. You cannot tell a creator how it should be. He will not accept.

Cross pots boast that they are making an octopus doctor, but you can't compare, to what was done by Verz. The quality is far superior. We could have it, if it weren't for these wars. He's just plugging a hole.

Some people have already decided to keep their stuff private and show only videos. I think it's fair. The mugen divides into two sides. These two sides will never agree.
Back to top Go down
Blagoy

Blagoy

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 4th 2021, 9:01 am

What a waste of time Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 2399657483
Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 24d0e59984a2f347ae9addb459dd6bbd

yolomate likes this post

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 4th 2021, 12:12 pm

Somebody had to plug the hole and no one was stepping to the plate I know my work isn't up to par with verz I understand that I'm not the best spriter god I know this and I don't claim to be good I don't have the time or the talent but all my stuff you can think as building blocks any one can add to it as long as they give me some form of credit I do what I can for you and if I get a good coder at least we will have a decent not the best looking but a decent looking character

yolomate and naruto like this post

Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 4th 2021, 1:28 pm

crosspotts1.0 wrote:
Somebody had to plug the hole and no one was stepping to the plate I know my work isn't up to par with verz I understand that I'm not the best spriter god I know this and I don't claim to be good I don't have the time or the talent but all my stuff you can think as building blocks any one can add to it as long as they give me some form of credit I do what I can for you and if I get a good coder at least we will have a decent not the best looking but a decent looking character
I prefer this than all that of private chars, commissions etc etc I prefer that you can play mugen in general than be a businessman.
Back to top Go down
naruto

naruto

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 4th 2021, 4:25 pm

Any download is better than no download at all. What if Doc Ock by verz never gets released for another uncontrollable reason? It's probably lost forever with no one to continue it. If it does get released at some point users will appreciate the variety of the same character. There's multiple versions of marvel and DC characters already. Having 4 dock ocks for mugen won't make a difference Exclamation

Also mugen has expanded immensely since 10 years ago where it used to be only a few creators but now there's tons of them and some more talented than those great creators such as gladicloud and balthazar! Authors can retire or go private but there will always be more and there can always be other doc ocks for mugen and maybe even better than verz!

Just enjoy the hobby and ignore all the drama and just do your own thing. If somebody goes private I won't lose any sleep over it considering that mugen is pretty much unlimited and still going strong today! Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 670481599

yolomate likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetoMC

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 4th 2021, 7:09 pm

If you really believe np that you say, be very happy
Back to top Go down
087-B

087-B

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 4th 2021, 8:46 pm

I honestly think there's a lot of pessimism in saying that Cross is just plugging a hole and that nothing will beat Verz.

I make a lot of MVC style chars and I aspire to have the level of skill coders like Kenshiro99 have. Kenshiro keeps basically all of his work private due to it being commission related. I know I'm not as good as him but I really wanna give to the community what's kept from it. Not trying to throw Ken under the bus, but I suppose I'm also trying to fill a hole.

I assume Cross is happy to learn, grow, and improve over time, while having fun with what he's making. That's me too. I don't go into it with the mindset of "It can't beat Kenshiro", much like how I'm sure Cross doesn't work thinking "This won't beat Verz". That's just not a healthy mindset.

It's not fun to be a realist all the time, and it's not egotistical to apply less priority to recognizing superior skill. I know this is a bit off topic, but I suppose I just wanted to justify Cross a bit. I do, at the end of the day, agree that creators can do whatever they want. It may be a bother to keep things private, but if they wanna do it, they can do it.

Someone may want to rise to the challenge to make a non-private version of that private thing, and it's important they have fun doing it. But saying that it's just plugging a hole and won't be as good as the private version, no matter how true or false, comes off as very discouraging.

IMO, if people have fun with what they're doing, AND have the desire to learn, improve, and grow over time, they deserve more support for their endeavors.

At least, that's my takeaway.

naruto likes this post

Back to top Go down
BetoMC

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 4th 2021, 10:46 pm

I don't want to discourage anyone. Read the 8 pages and understand the situation

087-B likes this post

Back to top Go down
087-B

087-B

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 4th 2021, 10:49 pm

I have and I understand a good chunk of it.

Sadly I still have my own opinions and disagreements, but at the end of the day I'm willing to respect how others feel about the matter.

This whole thing may have been useless but... eh, at least, to a degree, we all have a better understanding of one another, even if it didn't go anywhere. That's something.

BetoMC likes this post

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 14th 2021, 9:03 am

Thank you 087-B and like I said I don't claim to be as good as verz nor do I care to be think of my characters as blue prints with minor foundation I do what I'm good at and that's getting a base together giving people my assets so they can choose to improve the characters sprites or not at least he will play the way I want I wouldn't mind someone cs him to all my characters are ideas that I try to get out as fast as I can before I say screw it so sprites are never the top quality I have in my head but if I take to long they won't be done at all sadly but any one can message me and say I'd like to improve the sprites for you if everyone helps everyone then we will have allot more characters rather then letting someone do it all by themselves it will take a lot longer to get character 's I ask for fellow spriters to help all the time this is the reason I canceled my star Wars project need help to much for one person but no help so no project
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 14th 2021, 11:37 am

crosspotts1.0 wrote:
Thank you 087-B and like I said I don't claim to be as good as verz nor do I care to be think of my characters as blue prints with minor foundation I do what I'm good at and that's getting a base together giving people my assets so they can choose to improve the characters sprites or not at least he will play the way I want I wouldn't mind someone cs him to all my characters are ideas that I try to get out as fast as I can before I say screw it so sprites are never the top quality I have in my head but if I take to long they won't be done at all sadly but any one can message me and say I'd like to improve the sprites for you if everyone helps everyone then we will have allot more characters rather then letting someone do it all by themselves it will take a lot longer to get character 's I ask for fellow spriters to help all the time this is the reason I canceled my star Wars project need help to much for one person but no help so no project
sad read that!I so badly in sprites!!!I hope you got more help after this post!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8