The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations Emptyby Shining Today at 12:51 am

» Classic VS : Athena
Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations Emptyby ELECTRO May 15th 2024, 12:27 pm

» More Legionnaires
Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations Emptyby marvel May 15th 2024, 8:18 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations Emptyby Shining May 14th 2024, 10:56 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations

Go down 
+18
Aℓίcℯ
naruto
Shining
O Ilusionista
Angelus_Silverhead
087-B
Rage
DC VS MARVEL
CARNAGE777
candido159
thatguy
Somm
BigPimp
BetoMC
yolomate
chancethegamer
crosspotts1.0
Splash
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Splash

Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 29th 2021, 2:13 pm

crosspotts1.0 wrote:
Verz doc ock is private he told me the only way to get him out of his friends
is to pay for each sprite and pay for every line of code

So that's why I started mine in the first place so we all can have him for free for all of you to enjoy

Okay, now I get it.

Do you know how much he wants?

Depending,  can a group of people can come together and pay. With that he releases for everyone.

I wasn't going to do WarMachine, I only accepted it because someone said will comission me for the sprites.

So I decided to do my version and share if everything goes well.

And of course, you are a true hero, your version is getting really good!

The good news is that there is a Verz Ock Stand ready inside of Loganir characters. You can use as inspiration if opensource...
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 29th 2021, 2:52 pm

It's not open source none of their stuff is verz wants 100 $ for each sprite he uses and per line of code basically he's not releasing it at all he will keep razing the price he doesn't want it public

Splash likes this post

Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 29th 2021, 3:24 pm

Yeah that's why I try and get ideas out and want other spriters help because I'm just one person and I need the help I want everyone to enjoy these characters for free hell I wish I was selfish and charged just so I could upgrade my PC the one I'm on is windows 7 when it first came out and barley runs sometimes but mugen is free and all character 's should be to every thing to make a character is free unless you use Photoshop but there is a free way to sprite like Photoshop and it's gimp there is no reason to charge someone when you can get everything you need for free if I don't put money into it I don't charge for it

Now with that said need help with my you tube getting views tell me what you would want to see me do
Back to top Go down
chancethegamer

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 29th 2021, 3:36 pm

crosspotts1.0 wrote:
Yeah that's  why I try and get ideas out and want other spriters help because I'm just one person and I need the help I want everyone to enjoy these characters for free hell I wish I was selfish and charged just so I could upgrade my PC the one I'm on is windows 7 when it first came out and barley runs sometimes but mugen is free and all character 's should be to every thing to make a character is free unless you use Photoshop but there is a free way to sprite like Photoshop and it's gimp there is no reason to charge someone when you can get everything you need for free if I don't put money into it I don't charge for it

Now with that said need help with my you tube getting views tell me what you would want to see me do

Start a patron so ppl can donate that way you can still do Mugen work for free in your spare time and still have the option for ppl to pay for you for your services

In regards to YouTube views, that’ll grow in time once you start releasing characters and gameplay videos of characters that don’t exist yet
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 29th 2021, 5:06 pm

10 years!!!!!!! wow that so slow work not?...hey wait a minute this a hobby or I am Capcom member and I not idea hahaha jokers laugh jokers laugh jokers laugh
Back to top Go down
BetoMC

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 29th 2021, 6:06 pm

crosspotts1.0 wrote:
It's not open source none of their stuff is verz wants 100 $ for each sprite he uses and per line of code basically he's not releasing it at all he will keep razing the price he doesn't want it public

I don't know if we're talking about the same person. but Verz never charged for his works. He decided to keep his creations private, after the Ax incident, which happened here on this forum. It was thanks to that unhappy day that Verz and Loganir left the mugen scene. If he told you that, it was probably for you not to ask for more. If he charged $ 100 for a sprite, it's because he wanted you to stop asking. A single sprite is not that expensive.

Mr.Ketchup wrote:
This being the new CVG is beyond true indeed, god I missed that forum lol, but this is shaping up to be the good legacy.

Yeah. It's a shame really, but I do kind of understand their frustration when they produce such amazing sprites, and some heavy coding, both in the character and stage department just for someone to make edits out of them and release, but ... what can you do? It's mugen, it's free, and if it's out there ANYONE can open Fighter Factory and do their thing, AND they can even release their crop. That's just the circle of life when it comes to mugen, so instead of accepting the truth and just enjoy creating and sharing for the love of the arts, they fight the inevitable and burn out their energy in the wrong heat of emotions. And that, that's the true shame of it. I adore creators like Verz and Loganir, Blackdragon, Magus, etc, but it can't be helped. I will never view their decision to be the "wrong" decision, because to them it's the right one, and it's an understandable situation, but as mugen stands, it can't be helped.

But Splash, not only is Crosspots doing a great job on Doc Oc, but Bradern666 is also doing a great job on the same character, so I believe for us to have a great future regarding Doc Oc's availability for Mugen.

A breeder would rather retire than agree with that view. And unfortunately, none of us can reach their quality level. We just plug the holes.

Back to top Go down
BetoMC

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 29th 2021, 8:24 pm

I, on the other hand, think that everyone should respect the way that others think. If a person doesn't want edits to your char, don't edit. It is so simple and everyone is at peace. If there was mutual respect, there would still be several creators among us.

Regarding profits from mugen, as long as someone is profiting from their own work, that's fine with me. I do not lose respect for someone who tries to earn some money with his talent. As long as it is not with the material of another creator.
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 29th 2021, 9:06 pm

BetoMC wrote:
I, on the other hand, think that everyone should respect the way that others think. If a person doesn't want edits to your char, don't edit. It is so simple and everyone is at peace. If there was mutual respect, there would still be several creators among us.

Regarding profits from mugen, as long as someone is profiting from their own work, that's fine with me. I do not lose respect for someone who tries to earn some money with his talent. As long as it is not with the material of another creator.

its not respecting about what others think. they can think whatever they want. they shared their work publicly, and they dont have right to forbid people editing it. if that was the case, they couldve never edited capcom work in the first place. it not "their" work to begin with, they made the edit

and if they quitting over it, its just a bi*chy behaviour, that i only seen in mugen community, nowhere else
only reason people are supporting that point is because they are "creators", but that doesnt change the fact about them acting like children

profiting, on the other hand is just an opportunistic way of thinking imo. and again, its illegal if you using marvel and capcom owned property. there were legal actions taken against similar things, mugen is just too low under the radar, and no one really tried to sell "their" work here, as far as im aware

but then again, i was born in USSR, so i probably would never agree with your point of view about trying to sell something that was always free in any case

Mr.Ketchup, yolomate and chancethegamer like this post

Back to top Go down
BetoMC

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 29th 2021, 9:27 pm

That's why things got to that point.

Interesting that a creator cannot forbid anyone to edit his hard work and also cannot profit from it. lol!

It's all right. Each with his opinion.
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 29th 2021, 9:48 pm

BetoMC wrote:

Interesting that a creator cannot forbid anyone to edit his hard work and also cannot profit from it.  lol!

again, its not "his" work, unless he is drawn original character from scratch. its an edit of capcom work based on marvel creative property
its not so hard to understand
Back to top Go down
BetoMC

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 30th 2021, 8:25 am

BigPimp wrote:
BetoMC wrote:

Interesting that a creator cannot forbid anyone to edit his hard work and also cannot profit from it.  lol!

again, its not "his" work, unless he is drawn original character from scratch. its an edit of capcom work based on marvel creative property

Somm likes this post

Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 30th 2021, 9:24 am

for me Mugen is free,somepepople sales a char or sprites is total opposite original idea Mugen...this is a hobby cmon! if you wanna money and you are a amazing creator of sprites go to Capcom, Nintendo and says I need a job etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Splash

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 30th 2021, 10:53 am

*Mugen is free and should not be traded. Ok this is true. You cannot collect multiple characters in a

screenpack and sell. This is clear to me.

I could never understand this:

*However, if I want to pay someone to edit a character or a sprite is it illegal?

*  I believe that many characters only exist because they were paid for and

distributed to everyone. This is ilegal? A exemple: The Billy Blue Ranger that Im coding, the sprites of Balthazar were comissioned...

would like to have a healthy discussion about it, I just want to resolve that doubt.
Back to top Go down
Somm

Somm

PostSubject: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 30th 2021, 11:16 am

BigPimp wrote:
BetoMC wrote:

I 100% not agree with that
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations EmptyJanuary 30th 2021, 11:56 am

Splash wrote:
*Mugen is free and should not be traded. Ok this is true. You cannot collect multiple characters in a

screenpack and sell. This is clear to me.

I could never understand this:

*However, if I want to pay someone to edit a character or a sprite is it illegal?

*  I believe that many characters only exist because they were paid for and

distributed to everyone. This is ilegal? A exemple: The Billy Blue Ranger that Im coding, the sprites of Balthazar were comissioned...

would like to have a healthy discussion about it, I just want to resolve that doubt.

you can, obviously, unofficially just like some people getting bribes
but you guys need to realise that capcom or marvel have legal power to actually swoop down on any creators and shut down all kind of things we are making with their property. even without person directly getting money from it. they just dont do it, because they dont bother with it, and they view this community as a free creative space, not business. if creators were getting money and selling this stuff, this community wouldve been shut down sooner or later

there were real cases of such things happening. there was a person who was making animated shorts "X-men: danger room protocols". he wasnt directly making any money from it, just set up a patreon to "help his creative work". and all he did is used likeness of x-men characters. marvel swooped in and shut down his project, just because it was getting to much traction and some indirect monetization was in place

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-danger-room-protocols-shut-down-after-one-episode/#:~:text=%22X%2DMen%3A%20Danger%20Room,to%20legal%20pressure%20from%20Marvel.

no imagine you not only using likeness, but also copyrighter work (sprites) from capcom games. capcom been know to shut down community things also, like recently they craked down on the makers of "lewd" mods of their characters.

@somm. if you really think that creator like me who edited urien sprites to look like sinister, or creator like verz who put guile upper body and cap america legs together and edited them to look like dr.octopus can seriously call the result as solely "their" work, you are delusional. and creators who do that need to have their egos and reality checked. and then further forbiding someone from the same free community to edit, when they themselves just edited capcom sprites without any premission, or crediting the original authors (believe it or not, those sprites didnt grow on trees, they were made by real people also), is just the pinnacle of hypocrisy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations   Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion about permission, credit, and making money off creations
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next