The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Kilowog Release - Page 2 Emptyby BigPimp Today at 11:15 am

» Bridge Cliff Stage
Kilowog Release - Page 2 Emptyby Charmugen Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Kilowog Release - Page 2 Emptyby NightDevil123 Yesterday at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Kilowog Release - Page 2 Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 6:35 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Kilowog Release

Go down 
+29
BetoMC
Somm
ferreira
mr.karate
JARRO77
kyoman
tony spector
Fede X
BlankSpace-Nt
MERK_U
karim
XmatixX
brucewayne74
RenatoNat.J
shags2dope
087-B
TMC55
bam77
MatreroG
yolomate
animaraz
CLManiac
Shining
skillfrank
DC VS MARVEL
skhsato123
spidergoku
candido159
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
candido159

Kilowog Release - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 12:53 pm

yolomate wrote:
skillfrank wrote:
Not Approved  Kilowog Release - Page 2 4008376456

This is a public service announcement

Far as not even doing a Halloween release
Or Christmas release.....
He is a Pig after all .... pig

It

Shows the non consideration.....and
....not knowing the meaning
Of ...releasing things properly

Not even a mmv event release ... Kilowog Release - Page 2 3876111886

Kilowog is an event....not a mere
Practice ....linking your name
For practice ....coding

And far as packaging and development
Only thing the Ai....seems to want to do

Is all the ideas I gave to Candido
And rightfully so....my baby knows me...

I don't like Candido work ......even if I
Commented to motivate him....
Now that I'm viewing it....
On video

Palette s are terrible

That shows non ability to read comics
Or non familiar with the character...

The bad

The kilowog came out handicap just as I predicted

If...he had stuff that I would have asked for in there
He would have came out better

Nothing to see here....

Has nothing in there to do with kilowog

Is not even a kilowog...sorry

It's half afff

And a disappointment

no more to see..... Here

It's a terrible version...

Of once a great green lantern

Needs work ...never thought Id say this about Candido

He just stood there for 2 min....
Didn't point at anything....
Fell out .....on outro....

Just like that ....fell out ...like he supposed to
Cause
His work ..needs work
Needs Imagination Kilowog Release - Page 2 370463729
you need a real life Kilowog Release - Page 2 670481599
You could see in my YouTube comment too, I'm pretty sure it's skillfrank.

And @skillfrank you will never understand AI of Mugen unless if you play one, please try to play mugen and atleast learn the basics, you keep complaining about untriggered AI moves and it's making you sound stupid for taking mugen AI as real life reactions.

087-B wrote:
Finally got to download it. Will say, the character is not perfect. I play with a lot of characters with MVC-inspired gameplay, so I know some of the technicalities and unpolished bits that often go overlooked. For example, air combos here feel a bit awkward (a bit too stiff and inconsistent). I also think some of his moves have way too far reach (crouch heavy kick being a key example).

However the sprites are gorgeous and put to good use. I love the fact that color separation is an option, it really adds to the variety as well. I may know nothing about the character or his origins (as I am only vaguely aware of Green Lantern lore and even so I am not a DC fan, I'm a Marvel fan) but I think you did a pretty damn good job with this one Candido. Well worth the wait and the struggle. Feel proud of this one my friend, you still managed to pull a bit of gold out of this all. <3

May your next project(s) be of likeminded passion and heart. Keep growing man. Kudos!

I don't see those inconsistency yet since I don't have more characters to take comparison of the moves, but for sure I need more lessons on those parts. I'll keep it in mind and will try to fix those issues in my future characters and maybe with this one Smile thanks

And Thanks for the reviews guys.
Back to top Go down
shags2dope

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 1:17 pm

Candido you did the best you could with what you had do hats off to you. I would have quit ages ago if we are being honest. I look forward to your next project. Your one of the best coders on site

Keep it up

Frank i hope you find somebody for your alan scott he looks good as well

candido159 likes this post

Back to top Go down
RenatoNat.J

RenatoNat.J

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 1:48 pm

This Kilowog is very good. Thank you so much for this nice gift. Excellent work. Congratulations.
Kilowog Release - Page 2 Picasi22
Kilowog Release - Page 2 Stand_11

Back to top Go down
candido159

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 3:05 pm

Shining wrote:
Skillfrank Thanks for sprites contribute and ideas
Candido thanks for assemble them and for coding this perfect kilowg
Skillfrank it is awesome character... stop to add not intelligent and not mature comments or I will ban you
The time you lost to criticism on it you might get to learn to code characters
@Shining he isn't listening and keeps editing his comment.
Kilowog Release - Page 2 Screen12

We really appreciate, or I really appreciate you coming to give me the Kilowog Basic missing sprites @skillfrank but your attitude is just too much. You don't listen even to administers.
Skillfrank faced similar situation at Scruffy's by the way, Magus accepted his Kilowog and was the coder, but he blew it up and got kicked at Scruffy's Discord. Which in result he seeks another coder and got to skhsato and then to me.

Anyways @skillfrank, you got what you wanted, your Kilowog is done and in readme or character def, the authors are you and me. So whatever the admins actions are going to be, it will not matter since your Kilowog got done.
Back to top Go down
brucewayne74

brucewayne74

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 3:25 pm

The sprites looks great,thanks
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
candido159

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 3:53 pm

skillfrank wrote:
Where are specials and hypers
You promised Candido ..

Doing someone else specials and hypers
For them ...is a treat...

It's like me unwrapping ..my lolipop
And having someone else lick

Or having ice cream ....
And then you eating it for me ...

But you still have not provided
Or came through ...stop making
Excuses ...man
I'm not making excuses, I said I only do what I can.
And I thought Volz already taught you the basic form of making character, let me remind you then.
Adminbot wrote:
Adminbot wrote:
If you have requests for moves, then ask him in a respectful manner. And be prepared to make new sprites if/when needed

Adding this reminder.

Again, if you want new sprites added, then make them. If you won't make them then he will try to acquiesce as best as he can (which might mean suggestion not added because no sprite source) with an option for him to just move along.

He is not forced to make sprites. Any sprite additions he creates are of his choosing and frankly (no pun intended) a luxury because most coders dont make sprites, they just code sprites available to them.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 4:08 pm

Skillfrank before ban you I would explain you that you should have good manners when you are in a community
You should have good manbers when you find a partner who make all work
You should have respect towards your partner team because he realize "your" character...it s Not important real character is different for your dreamed character
Now your character sees the light and the merit is above all of candido
You never put him in a position to work in peace and he was always under pressure... With patience he completed your character
I'm sorry but you'll never find anyone to help you with the characters again
Now you can decide :
1 stop senseless hysterical scenes, you are satisfied and you will have other chances to live in this community
2 be banned

JARRO77, candido159, yolomate and Fede X like this post

Back to top Go down
candido159

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 4:23 pm

Shining wrote:
Skillfrank before ban you I would explain you that you should have good manners when you are in a community
You should have good manbers when you find a partner who make all work
You should have respect towards your partner team because he realize "your" character...it s Not important real character is different for your dreamed character
Now your character sees the light and the merit is above all of candido
You never put him in a position to work in peace and he was always under pressure... With patience he completed your character
I'm sorry but you'll never find anyone to help you with the characters again
Now you can decide :
1 stop senseless hysterical scenes, you are satisfied and you will have other chances to live in this community
2 be banned
Thank you. If so he chooses to stay, then my only hope and advice for him is for him to change his attitude and act like an adult in conversations. Or atleast learn on how to be one to avoid more future dramas.
Back to top Go down
XmatixX

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 4:26 pm

I do not want to get into fights or discussions that do not call me but the truth Skillfrank has been bothering a lot and insulting, I witnessed all the previous discussion and I was disrespecting everyone, I hope I change those habits of annoying people, which I learned in these months is that if you want your character to be as you want, you have to do it yourself, because you cannot bother someone with whom you are collaborating, even if he does not know Candido, he deserves respect

Back to top Go down
XmatixX

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 4:29 pm

and it is to admire the patience that he had to put up with everything you asked of him

Back to top Go down
karim

karim

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 4:33 pm

dont know the f**k is going here but congrats to the creators, going to need to find a place for him in my new game, definitely, thanks for releasing this

Kilowog Release - Page 2 XjEwUea

Back to top Go down
MERK_U

MERK_U

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 5:38 pm

Candido. Congratulation's on the release of Kilowog.

It's unfortunate what is happening here, I'm not reading into it as I am not one for drama, but I know for a fact that the community does not need any sort of toxicity & there should be a separation if there is so. Aside from that, my feedback is:

The sprites are extremely well made, & look like a full custom. The FX used in this character, as well as how are other Green Lantern character's are TOP NOTCH!

I love how you fitted him with a dash fx, a super jump dash fx, & a giant classic hyper portrait.
The choice in hyper's are pretty amazing, & give's him an overall depth of a move set.
Really happy you fitted him with an A.I aswell.

For any other creator's , they should take this as an inspiration & insight, for how character's should be at this quality level of build to be Mugenized.

Will be in my Mugen to stay.

Can't thank you enough, (p.s didn't get to thank you in your last MMV thread)

Congrats again. Great work. clap

Everything mentioned tied together is just bad azz! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
087-B

087-B

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2021, 6:46 pm

Hey Candido, were you being paid to do this at all?

From what I gathered, Skillfrank basically just hounded you to make a character for him entirely for free, for an engine he doesn’t even play.

That’s… that’s just asinine levels of selfishness and entitlement.

If I’m wrong about this then please correct me but I’m going off of every message I’ve seen up to this point.

Regardless, at least this whole thing is finally over with. Mad respect to you Candido for powering through like a real Juggernaut.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kilowog Release   Kilowog Release - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kilowog Release
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next