The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» --> [SPAM GAME] - Word Association Game <--
Should I make a MUGEN character Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:12 pm

» B-kun's 8-Bits Series Big Update!! (14 chars)
Should I make a MUGEN character Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 8:04 pm

» Skhsato123 Sprites
Should I make a MUGEN character Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» --> [SPAM GAME] - I like or I do not like <--
Should I make a MUGEN character Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 7:51 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Should I make a MUGEN character

Go down 
+3
Doom
LESSARD
HastuneSakura
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HastuneSakura

HastuneSakura

Should I make a MUGEN character Empty
PostSubject: Should I make a MUGEN character   Should I make a MUGEN character EmptyOctober 29th 2017, 7:55 am

Should i try and make a character for mugen i do have alot of character ideas ha ha. But no experince in coding custum sprites and etc.
Back to top Go down
LESSARD

LESSARD

PostSubject: Re: Should I make a MUGEN character   Should I make a MUGEN character EmptyOctober 29th 2017, 8:56 am

HastuneSakura wrote:
Should i try and make a character for mugen i do have alot of character ideas ha ha. But no experince in coding custum sprites and etc.

Hey HastuneSakura, i recommend you starting with stages, because they are most easy to create, so in that way you can start to "understand" how the code (simple) works.

I made a post "semi interactive" on saturdays & sundays called:
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t10371-learning-with-lessard?highlight=learning+with+lessard IN ENGLISH
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t10370-aprendiendo-con-lessard?highlight=learning+with+lessard EN ESPAÑOL

The idea its taking the hand of new fans/creators and guide them into the creation of MUGEN contents. Im ready to share all I know since making a simple sprite, making palettes, add transparency to the spritesheet, remmaping a palette, making/coding stages, frankenspriting, making animations, and basic full characters.

I will guide step to step to anyone who wants to learn.

I hope you see this message and spread the voice. I want to help the new generation of mugen creators.

Take care.  Your friend.

LESSARD
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Should I make a MUGEN character   Should I make a MUGEN character EmptyOctober 29th 2017, 1:34 pm

Of course you should try. yes
Start with something simple. In MMV you will find people willing to guide you. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
BlueSpiderX

BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: Re: Should I make a MUGEN character   Should I make a MUGEN character EmptyOctober 29th 2017, 6:51 pm

You might want to check out Ryon's Mugen Character Creation tutorial. I learned coding from his videos in just a week ! Very Happy

As for spriting, that's a different thing. Not all the awesome Mugen characters have good sprites, some of them even has 16-bit SNES or Sega Genesis sprites. But you can still learn how to sprite if you want to. Should I make a MUGEN character 670481599
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Should I make a MUGEN character   Should I make a MUGEN character EmptyOctober 31st 2017, 4:11 pm

Just go ahead and make any MUGEN character you want! Very Happy
Can't wait to seeing your interesting MUGEN character release any time soon! cyclops
There is no limit (character-ideas/choices-wise) in MUGEN, all you need are sprites & sounds! Wink
After you have prepared all the MUGEN making materials, you are ready to go! cheers

Besides LESSARD's awesome MUGEN Help and the cool "Ryon's Mugen Character Creation tutorial", you might also want to study how Elecbyte makes a MUGEN character -- the very Kung Fu Man (KFM) -- in your own MUGEN folder.  You will keep using those MUGEN docs as a necessary reference for your MUGEN making from time to time.  Try to edit anything about KFM, just to get to know how he is built by Elecbyte.  And you are highly recommended to study a lot about all the files in your [mugen]\docs\, start reading the "mugen.html".  These are the most basics you need to know at least how to make a MUGEN character that can be as playable as Elecbyte's KFM. study  KFM is here free for you to edit to make your own MUGEN character(s)! yes

Of course if you come across with anything about MUGEN character making that you have not yet understood, then you can feel free to ask for help in MMV's MUGEN Help section here Arrow :
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/f10-mugen-help

LESSARD and I and many MMV'ers are eager to help you & each other out, because we all have the same goal -- to try to make our fun dreams come true in the magical MUGEN! Should I make a MUGEN character Animat38
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Eduardo Merenda

Eduardo Merenda

PostSubject: Re: Should I make a MUGEN character   Should I make a MUGEN character EmptyMay 23rd 2018, 6:58 pm

Before to do a Mugen character, you have to make (and get answers for) two very important questions:

1 - You really want to make a char?
2 - Why you want to make a char?
Back to top Go down
JeagerEX

JeagerEX

PostSubject: Re: Should I make a MUGEN character   Should I make a MUGEN character EmptyMay 25th 2018, 8:49 pm

Before you create a mugen character, you have to ask anyone who has a good experience with graphic arts, Spriting, and coding.

Also use Fighter Factory, DO NOT use Easychar because that character you made will not function good.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I make a MUGEN character   Should I make a MUGEN character Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I make a MUGEN character
Page 1 of 1