The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) Emptyby O Ilusionista Yesterday at 10:19 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)

Go down 
+6
Predator
malevka1
luciangarude
metamutant
Yunnin
Rjiggler
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rjiggler

RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) Empty
PostSubject: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJune 10th 2016, 4:50 pm

Hey, my dudes.  Been a few years since I've done more than lurk, so I thought I'd share with you something I thought about today and did some basic details for.

Nobody's worked on Karima Shapandar (Omega Sentinel) yet, and considering the diversity of sentinel characters, X-Men villians and anti-heros, and how much of an arsenal exists, I figured we might get to talking about her.  Psylocke is a phenomenal base for Omega Sentinel, though Karima's hair is pretty out of control.  If you follow the general work I put together, you can see I thought about using Rainbow Mika's pigtails as Karima's ponytail, but I didn't think it would fit quite right (possibly on account of choosing the wrong frame as a base).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Full-res link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4GIxsEIJTZGM3h2ZVQtbWxxY2M

To be clear, I'm most certainly not capable of building characters, but I can definitely help arrange the assets to make it happen, or at least make some excellent suggestions about what roads haven't yet been taken by the community.
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 5th 2016, 6:12 pm

I haven't gotten around to it, but it turns out that (with an ironic name) Omega Red's hair is a perfect match to hers.  I'd be interested in checking out the code of the Spec Ops' Heavy Strike character to see how it uses different weapon types, considering she'd have a veritable arsenal of different weapons.

Some other concepts:
Spider-Man Noir is a relatively simple idea; a near-clone of Spider-Man with more of a brawler moveset plus a couple simple weapons.  I can imagine a couple interesting hypers, as well, like the screen becoming only lit by a single street lamp and SMN being able to move in relative invisibility outside of the beam of light.  Couple that with an AI that throws rapid projectiles and quickly closes the distance while the enemy is recoiling, and you've got something interesting to watch.

The Winter Soldier is a character long-overdue for Mugen, and with so many Cable revisits lately, it's easy to get a little disenchanted with the idea of more characters using his pose.  Guile does have some great artwork for these purposes, and Remy does have the longer hair generally associated with WS, though shorter versions might produce more options.  As far as general themes to the character in play, there could relatively simply be a few basic weapon attacks, focusing on combos and counters, plus grapple attacks that demonstrate his ruthlessness in tandem with the power of his bionic arm.  One of the features I would suggest most essential to him would be on par with Captain America's front/backflips, where a quick evade allows him to dodge or ignore attacks completely, when timed right.

I had started some conceptual work on Blue Marvel, Sebastian Shaw, Arnim Zola, and Mr. Freeze as well, and seeing the last on the front page prompted the reply to the first post.  While I'm not trying to disregard the work, the idea of a recolor of Solo (Strider) might not be as linear to Freeze as intended; I had been working on a Captain Commando retouch with a nitrous tank but it still had some work to go.  When I've got a head complete, I'll post what I was imagining, along with the reference images-- so long, of course, as there's some interest in all this.

I understand I'm not posting anything concrete to look forward to, but I feel like I've got plenty of lore-friendly, engaging concepts to offer someone with expertise that I don't have.
Back to top Go down
Yunnin

Yunnin

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 5th 2016, 7:11 pm

Great concepts, they actually could bring some cool wips if somebody tried Very Happy
I mostly do "concepted" palletes for chars, I even made some inspired on some Resident Evil Chars sometime ago... I really hope for someone to try this!
Also, I loved your spider man's concept
Back to top Go down
metamutant

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 5th 2016, 7:17 pm

That's a great concept for the Winter Soldier. Cable's arm would need to be resized a little, but that's a very workable base that's not over used like Cable's whole body.
Back to top Go down
luciangarude

luciangarude

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 5th 2016, 8:04 pm

amazing spider man noir
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 6th 2016, 12:17 pm

I try to choose palettes directly pulled from art of the character, and the ones I sampled for Bucky's arm really seemed to bring out the chrome.  I like Remy's hair but the arm is easily my favorite part.

BTW, here's Omega Sentinel with Omega Red's Hair:

Thanks for the feedback!  I'll try to post the others today!

Last edited by Rjiggler on July 6th 2016, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yunnin

Yunnin

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 6th 2016, 12:23 pm

Wait, you got more?
SHOW THEM! Soon as you can, obviously RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) 311127478
Back to top Go down
malevka1

malevka1

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 6th 2016, 2:02 pm

amazing spider man noir RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) 670481599 RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) 670481599 RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) 670481599
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHTftZzH5udNmZ0c6YSJGQ?view_as
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 6th 2016, 3:57 pm

Blue Marvel:

One of Marvel's heavy hitters, Blue Marvel's got a lot of potential for a character who brawls with the baddest but works best with high-power range attacks, plus has a powerset that would allow for teleportation and density phasing/incorporeality, healing or self-buffs, draining the enemy character's special bar (?), screen-skipping attacks (ala Flash or Quicksilver), plus flight, though that seems less and less important next to some of the other features.

I do think the cobalt colors I used for his suit may be a bit too bright for the source material.  Also, not really sure why I made the energy bubble; I had intended for something along the lines of a power cosmic display, but I'm not really liking what came from it.

Either way, Blue Marvel is one of the bigger guns of modern Marvel comics, and it's worth bringing him into the mix.
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 6th 2016, 4:10 pm

To be frank, I may just ditch what I was going to propose with Mr. Freeze considering the other one is starting to pick up with some more interesting assets. Kind of don't even care anymore.

As far as Sebastian Shaw (X-men, Hellfire Club), it really was just a manipulation of Demitri from Darkstalkers. The two of them have a ridiculous amount of linear design and you could make a custom head, remove the cape, and have more than half of your design complete. The only concern there is that there might not be enough of Demitri's human form to really have a complete set to work with in building Shaw. Additionally, with all of the coding done with Strong Guy/Guido, you wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel when creating Shaw's KE-absorption powers. The whole package is kind of waiting to be jumped on by someone enterprising enough.

I was planning on using Thanos as the base for Arnim Zola's robot body, but I'm looking at it again and having second thoughts. I'll browse for something else, but Zola would be another of the essential HYDRA characters. If nothing else, having his lab as a stage would be excellent. On that note, actually, is anyone capable of working on Helmut Zemo? He really is a classically interesting character to be so disregarded in MUGEN. Granted, I feel like Red Skull (and definitely Strucker) could use some touchups, but Zemo seems a definitely halfway to something awesome. I don't even think he has victory poses.
Back to top Go down
Yunnin

Yunnin

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 7th 2016, 10:51 am

these are interesting propositions... Sebastian Shaw really could be a good wip using this Demitri's base. Also, what would you suggest for Kraven? We had a discussion about it sometime ago, but how do you see him being made for mugen?
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 7th 2016, 1:10 pm

Kraven?  
I mean, we all know he's going to be a lot of custom detail work, but I can see using either Sagat or Vega as a frame (Sagat for size, but Vega for general details like his tights/shoes).  Both of them have poses that would work well with held knives, but either will need a custom head and the placement of Sabretooth's fluffy mane.  

He fights like a brawler but retreats like guerilla warfare-- would definitely have a hyper that seems to blend Spider-Man's crawler assault with Maximum Spider, where he'd throw down a beefy combo before pinballing around the screen, ending the combo with some distance between the two of them.  Add in the ability to drop various types of floor traps (and DoT effects like bleeding or poison, if possible), and you've got something awesome.  As far as spears go, the Predator warrior has code for throwing spears that impale enemies.  

Cherry on top would be him drinking his elixir that would give him maybe five seconds of damage boost and no recoil.  I'm pretty sure that code exists with Colossus or someone similar.  Additionally, you could salvage some of Rare Akuma's code, where too many consecutive hits teleports him across the screen and drops a decoy where he was.  A swath of leaves or smokebomb would be pretty classy.

I'm all for getting the complete Sinister Six into mugen. Still trying to be patient with my excitement for Kurt Connors, assuming that really will be out soon
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 7th 2016, 1:19 pm

Aaaaactually... I just thought of a couple ideas for Mysterio, whenever he becomes someone's WIP:

You would definitely use Magneto as a base. No contest. But virtually all of his attacks outside his close-range strikes would be hallucinations/summons, where no matter what they end up, he's still stationary/ with the same hitbox, but has varying opacity; for instance, one attack, you see a giant Mysterio fist striking from the top of the screen, but Mysterio the character is still where he was, just barely visible. Think the inverse of the Professor Xavier character from IMT, if that's any better a picture to illustrate the idea. He'd also be the type to leave a particle trail of smoke or fog wherever he goes.

Still too early to really develop that, but a good idea deserves to be noted
Back to top Go down
Yunnin

Yunnin

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 7th 2016, 1:28 pm

These ideas are all amazing! For Kraven, i always though about a mix between Sabertooth, Haggar and Zangief
Back to top Go down
Rjiggler

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) EmptyJuly 7th 2016, 1:35 pm

I like that, too!

Actually, Zangief and Haggar probably have the perfect facial hair to use for Zangief's base components! That's a great jumping off point!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)   RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs) Empty

Back to top Go down

RJiggler's Concept Propositions (Not WIPs)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next