The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Bridge Cliff Stage
Character's AI has trouble making combos Emptyby Charmugen Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Character's AI has trouble making combos Emptyby Baelorn Yesterday at 3:51 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Character's AI has trouble making combos Emptyby NightDevil123 Yesterday at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Character's AI has trouble making combos Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 6:35 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Character's AI has trouble making combos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Minun

Minun

Character's AI has trouble making combos Empty
PostSubject: Character's AI has trouble making combos   Character's AI has trouble making combos EmptyMay 10th 2015, 7:58 am

Basically, what is the easiest way of making a character actually combo instead of jumping about making moves that won't perform any combos?

My character can finally put up a decent fight with a select few characters (The rest she can't beat because she can't combo and still walk pushes people for no reason.) but for some reason, anything past "Trigger1" she will not do.

How do you guys code an AI? I want to learn how to make this character actually kick-ass.
Back to top Go down
flammableking

flammableking

PostSubject: Re: Character's AI has trouble making combos   Character's AI has trouble making combos EmptyMay 10th 2015, 8:02 am

Ok, this one, I would directly ask Varia The Hunter. His characters are hard to take down, and in some cases are highly intelligent to the point of even throwing me off guard, and I've been playing since 2005! O_o Whatever his secret is, I hope he is aware of it, and is willing to share with the rest of the class.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Character's AI has trouble making combos   Character's AI has trouble making combos EmptyMay 12th 2015, 11:55 am

I think MUGEN A.I. needs to be character-specific.  A move has both advantage and disadvantage.  It really takes some thought when trying to make the MUGEN A.I. use the move advantage to overcome the move disadvantage.

Such as:
- my SDK Shiina Yuya has a special move that drops a bomb but the move is slow and her recovery time is long and the bomb can hurt Ms. Yuya too.  So I made her MUGEN A.I. drop the bomb mostly when both she and her opponent are near corner and when her opponent is getting up after being knocked down, as well as when her life value is still high and where she can have more space/time to escape the bomb explosion.  Also I had to consider what can happen before, during, and after she performed her disadvantageous bomb special, like when she is doing that, she crouch-crawls backward so her opponent may find it harder to hit her with air attacks.  This is one move advantage her bomb move has. study

So, what I mean is, a planned strategy specific to your MUGEN character A.I..........not just combos........if it fails to land a sure hit on an opponent, then the combos become not so useful....... riiiggghhht
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Minun

Minun

PostSubject: Re: Character's AI has trouble making combos   Character's AI has trouble making combos EmptyMay 12th 2015, 5:39 pm

borewood2013 wrote:
I think MUGEN A.I. needs to be character-specific.  A move has both advantage and disadvantage.  It really takes some thought when trying to make the MUGEN A.I. use the move advantage to overcome the move disadvantage.

Such as:
- my SDK Shiina Yuya has a special move that drops a bomb but the move is slow and her recovery time is long and the bomb can hurt Ms. Yuya too.  So I made her MUGEN A.I. drop the bomb mostly when both she and her opponent are near corner and when her opponent is getting up after being knocked down, as well as when her life value is still high and where she can have more space/time to escape the bomb explosion.  Also I had to consider what can happen before, during, and after she performed her disadvantageous bomb special, like when she is doing that, she crouch-crawls backward so her opponent may find it harder to hit her with air attacks.  This is one move advantage her bomb move has. study

So, what I mean is, a planned strategy specific to your MUGEN character A.I..........not just combos........if it fails to land a sure hit on an opponent, then the combos become not so useful....... riiiggghhht

Well, what if the AI does the same exact stuff (E.G Using projectiles in front of people, then throwing in a punch and jumps back and pauses for a moment) no matter how much custom coding you jam into them?

Also, how do I make an AI most of the time use their anti guard move (Stops them from guarding) because my AI hardly ever uses it when someone is guarding and instead uses every move she can.
Back to top Go down
Minun

Minun

PostSubject: Re: Character's AI has trouble making combos   Character's AI has trouble making combos EmptyMay 12th 2015, 6:42 pm

Seriously guys, having her that easy to destroy by the other AIs including KFM is embarrasing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character's AI has trouble making combos   Character's AI has trouble making combos Empty

Back to top Go down

Character's AI has trouble making combos
Page 1 of 1