The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» I need help ripping a specific sprite art from Asura Buster
Adding shared palette sprites Emptyby SWAGaming98 Today at 4:23 am

» SFA2 "Lost Island - Japan" Akuma (Gouki) Stage V-2.0 For MUGEN 1.1 and IKEMEN-Go
Adding shared palette sprites Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
Adding shared palette sprites Emptyby Nexus Gaming Yesterday at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Adding shared palette sprites Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 1:20 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Adding shared palette sprites

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Helio

Helio

Adding shared palette sprites Empty
PostSubject: Adding shared palette sprites   Adding shared palette sprites EmptyApril 10th 2015, 11:04 am

Hi,

I'm trying to add a basic throw to Buyog's Savage Hulk.

I edited the sprites (just adding hair and changing the colors) using PhotoShop with Indexed Color mode on; and imported the .FFD sprites file with Fighter Factory Ultimate.
Although the sprites looks OK in PhotoShop, when I import them as shared palette, the colors change and looks completely different (if I imported them as non-shared palette, the sprites look good but do not change with palette selection).
However, in the Palette menu, if I choose 'Replacing the palette' in the 'Show sprite' box, the good colors are shown as I edited them. Even if a change the Character's palette, the colors change acordingly and well, so I think Fighter Factory is able to recognize the colors in the palette.

I guess I have imported the sprites wrongly or omited something in the .FFD file so Fighter Factory do not recognize the new sprite colors as palette ones.
Can someone help me or redirect me to some tutorial of how adding shared palette sprites?

Thank you very much,
Back to top Go down
Helio

Helio

PostSubject: Re: Adding shared palette sprites   Adding shared palette sprites EmptyApril 29th 2015, 5:01 am

In the end, it was a problem of the SFF file, as I guessed. I have been trying and trying and I've finally got it.
When I imported the new sprites with Fighter Factory, they were copied at the end of the SFF file, before some sprites which do not share any char palette (banners, explosions, sparks and this kind of sprites which usually are at the end).
It seems that after the first non-shared palette sprite, all the following sprites are considerer as non-shared palette, and their colors are unchanged with palette selection.
If I sort the sprites in Fighter Factory (with the Organizer button) and drag the new sprites up, where the rest of the char moves are, the selected palettes are applied well to the new sprites.

I hope this post might help someone.
Bye
Back to top Go down
Midnight-Son

PostSubject: Re: Adding shared palette sprites   Adding shared palette sprites EmptyApril 29th 2015, 6:05 am

glad you figured it out, I ended up creating a whole character before learning how to figure pallets in mugen, but then again I used multiple fighter factory versions through different stages of learning, which were far apart.
thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Adding shared palette sprites   Adding shared palette sprites EmptyApril 29th 2015, 6:56 am

Good job figuring that out by yourself! Adding shared palette sprites 670481599

I am bad at MUGEN palettes and this is one of the reasons that I have switched totally to MUGEN1.0 (use Fighter Factory 3), as SFF v2 allows me to ignore some MUGEN palettes consistency...... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding shared palette sprites   Adding shared palette sprites Empty

Back to top Go down

Adding shared palette sprites
Page 1 of 1