The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 Emptyby O Ilusionista Yesterday at 10:19 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31

Go down 
+20
ROLEINMUGEN
Darthpool
pseudoingles
NinjaRyu
Cristianomelo
erickablond
Staubhold
Ax
malevka1
Mazemerald
Adminbot
Mistah Jorge
Midnight-Son
grinderkiller1
yolomate
Werewood
gonzaLOL
dfalcon
volzzilla
Varia the Hunter
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Which CSP Looks Best?
CSP #1
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 I_vote_lcap25%Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
CSP #2
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 I_vote_lcap25%Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
CSP #3
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 I_vote_lcap50%Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Other (comment your idea)
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Staubhold

Staubhold

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyMay 12th 2015, 9:11 am

Can´t wait to give feedback. Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 670481599
Back to top Go down
ROLEINMUGEN

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyMay 12th 2015, 11:44 am

Yeah! This char really look like one of a kind!!! Made room for him in my roster! hehe. Awaiting anxiously

Now do you also plan on doing other chars from this game? Like the Big Daddy per example? He was cool too... (The bouncer one)

Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyMay 12th 2015, 12:25 pm

ROLEINMUGEN wrote:
Yeah! This char really look like one of a kind!!! Made room for him in my roster! hehe. Awaiting anxiously

Now do you also plan on doing other chars from this game? Like the Big Daddy per example? He was cool too... (The bouncer one)

Well, I don't have any other models from PlayStation All-Stars or Bioshock, or even Twisted Metal for that matter, unfortunately. I also hadn't planned on other characters their respective series, I'm sorry to say. :/

I do have several other projects planned, though, so feel free to follow my work!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyMay 27th 2015, 9:59 am

So now that Sweet Tooth has been released, I'm now working on the full version of him. True to feedback provided both here and at Mugen Fighters Guild, I have made plenty of fixes and tweaks to make him more refined and solid. Some tweaks include, but are not limited to:

-1. Tweaked machete throw to have a bit more end lag and not stun for quite as long to avoid corner infinites.
-2. Enlarged hitbox on the final hit frame of Aerial Machete swipe to more reliably catch and knock down enemies in the air.
-3. Fixed a bug that allowed Sweet Tooth to Shield Dash out of his dashing grab, which previously caused the enemy to glitch and float upwards or just sit there until hit.
-4. Adjusted size of Scalp Flamethrower's fire, and fixed the hitbox to better match it and hit more reliably.
-5. Various other fixes, tweaks, and edits.

Now that I've done these things, I've gone ahead and given him his SMG as a special move. It fires six shots, does 60 damage total if all bullets hit, and has decent stopping power. The gun comes out very fast, but has enough end lag to not infinite with, and doesn't do a ton of damage.

I've made a change to his TNT plant to actually make it worth using. I've added an extra state to the helper (and a ChangeState to go with it of course). Basically when an enemy gets close enough to the bomb, it'll go into quick detonation mode. The enemy will have about a second to dash away from it (not hard to do) before it explodes. This offers a lot more use for the TNT, as Needles can now use it to plant right under a frozen or stunned enemy to help lead into other air combos!

Some other special moves in mind include a machete+shotgun combo where Needles will slice with his machete, double back with the butt of the shotgun to dizzy with, and then flip the shotgun around and fire it at point blank range. Another would be a machete spin where he would spin the machete in a circular motion in his hand to catch and do decent damage with before knocking the enemy away with the final hit.

Hypers... too much to explain, but they'll be flashier and quite powerful. I'm also going to add to his "Taste the Tooth" hyper, so that he'll doing something along the lines of stunning the enemy with something first (like a freeze missile, or pinning them to the wall) before getting his truck out if his first attempt at trapping the enemy is successful. This way the enemy has no way to avoid it if Needles manages to trap them first, much like Alucard's Batman and his Batmobile Hyper.

Lastly, I would like to incorporate at least two special modes. One being Dark Tooth, and the other being Gold Tooth. It wouldn't alter Needles Kane's palette unfortunately due to complications, but would alter the truck's palette, and would probably alter Needles' stats, possibly attack properties, and his idle stances. For instance, Dark Tooth could give Needles more attack power, but Gold Tooth would give him more health.

I'm open to any more ideas, so please, post me some suggestions! Hope you all look forward to an extra twisted complete release of the Twisted Metal mascot! Wink

P.S. The OP has been updated to reflect this post.

Last edited by Varia the Hunter on May 27th 2015, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyMay 27th 2015, 10:20 am

well the tnt change sounds good to me, wait Dark Tooth truck will be incorporated? sweet!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Staubhold

Staubhold

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyMay 27th 2015, 3:35 pm

Please add a shotgun special, like I said a short ranged, but wide spreading projectile...

On your TNT/contact mine special... add a beeping sound to it, that will have quicker beeping interval when p2 gets in contact with the TNT/mine. This way you have a acoustic signal for p2 to get away from the TNT...
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyMay 27th 2015, 4:11 pm

Staubhold wrote:
Please add a shotgun special, like I said a short ranged, but wide spreading projectile...

On your TNT/contact mine special... add a beeping sound to it, that will have quicker beeping interval when p2 gets in contact with the TNT/mine. This way you have a acoustic signal for p2 to get away from the TNT...
I will, don't worry about it.

As for the TNT, it already does that. Wink
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyMay 28th 2015, 2:32 pm

-bump-

I'm in a bit of a rut right now. I can't figure something out. I was testing out "Dark Tooth" and "Gold Tooth" modes, and while the Dark Tooth Mode is successful in its purpose of increasing damage, the Gold Tooth Mode is having issues with its purpose: increasing health. I've tried using a DefenceMulSet controller, but it has this weird occurrence where it causes Needles to take more damage rather than reduce it, and if I reverse the value to a negative, it causes him to receive life back when he gets hit with consecutive combos. I know something I'm doing is wrong, so would anyone be willing to tell me how to increase his health or defence to a higher status properly? The alternate modes are activated by his 5 and 6 palettes, respectively, by the way. They activate helpers, which in turn display an Explod saying what mode is being used.

To explain why I'm doing this, his health is higher to reflect Gold Tooth from Twisted Metal Lost, where it had higher stats than Sweet Tooth (the highest health in the game, actually). So my goal is to make Needles have more health (or defence), and for his truck to be solid gold. Dark Tooth is supposed to be more powerful and larger, though; so Needles will deal more damage, and the truck will be larger and sport its black with pink spots color scheme.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyJune 23rd 2015, 5:25 am

Ready to see some more progress? Here's how Sweet Tooth is coming along!

Back to top Go down
Staubhold

Staubhold

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyJune 23rd 2015, 12:09 pm

Really nice looking update!! Love the flames on his power charge. Maybe add other taunts, one with bursting flame head...

Dark Tooth attacks are missaligned due to the bigger size.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyJune 23rd 2015, 5:31 pm

Staubhold wrote:
Really nice looking update!! Love the flames on his power charge. Maybe add other taunts, one with bursting flame head...

Dark Tooth attacks are missaligned due to the bigger size.
I literally just fixed it. I just didn't know exactly how to remedy it until now. Trust me, though. I noticed it!

What kind of taunt(s) are you thinking about?
Back to top Go down
Staubhold

Staubhold

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyJune 24th 2015, 11:43 am

Well, something like that p.e.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyJune 24th 2015, 4:31 pm

Staubhold wrote:
Well, something like that p.e.
Spoiler:
LOL Hey that's my .GIF!
I suppose I could try and replicate that one.

Also, update for everyone, his "Taste the Tooth" Hyper is finished, now! I fixed a few debug issues, made it to where the Mega Gun bullets are positioned properly depending on what truck is used, and added in a grab attempt phase to initiate the Hyper. The grab can be blocked, but it's a very fast dashing grab. If he lands it, he'll continue running with the opponent, slam them into the wall and leave them there, dizzied, and then pull out the truck, and, well, you know the rest... Wink
Back to top Go down
Staubhold

Staubhold

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyJune 24th 2015, 4:54 pm

Varia the Hunter wrote:

LOL Hey that's my .GIF!

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 311127478 I know.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 EmptyJuly 25th 2015, 6:16 am

Just bumping this to let everyone know that this is not dead! Unfortunately progress has been very slow due to more focus on classes, among other things. I want to make his other specials very soon, though, and after those it'll be on to his last Hypers, and all his intros and win poses! There will be some extra things too, of course.

Just yesterday I applied a few balancing tweaks. In particular, his counterattack machete throw. It now does less damage, it travels slightly slower, and no longer causes the enemy to fall. Rather, it just briefly stuns them. His grab counter now requires 100 super meter to do, and doesn't drain as much super meter and health from the enemy.

I also threw together a quick special intro for him to use against Kratos, where he says : "I've killed tougher than you!"
The number of special moves I need to finish that part of him should only be about two or three for the ground, and then I need to make a few for his aerial attacks. I'll probably just do two, actually: an aerial machete throw, and his dropping ground pound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next