The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31

Go down 
+20
ROLEINMUGEN
Darthpool
pseudoingles
NinjaRyu
Cristianomelo
erickablond
Staubhold
Ax
malevka1
Mazemerald
Adminbot
Mistah Jorge
Midnight-Son
grinderkiller1
yolomate
Werewood
gonzaLOL
dfalcon
volzzilla
Varia the Hunter
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Which CSP Looks Best?
CSP #1
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 I_vote_lcap25%Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
CSP #2
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 I_vote_lcap25%Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
CSP #3
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 I_vote_lcap50%Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Other (comment your idea)
Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 21st 2015, 1:30 am

shadowlord9001 wrote:
Can't really say I know who sweet tooth is but if you want the most intimidating one I'd go with CSP #2
He's the poster boy of the vehicle combat series "Twisted Metal", which is one of Sony's longest running PlayStation exclusive game series, as well as one of its most dangerous drivers.

If you'd like to get to know him better,

this video should get you two acquainted,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy6vX9SJR48

this video will show you his most recent outing in his vehicle of the same name,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6gdg_E1l3E

and this will showcase a bit of his story in his first fighting game debut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZ5dPindcI

The name "Sweet Tooth" is actually the name of his ice cream truck, but he's sort of adopted the title as his nickname as well. His actual name is Marcus "Needles" Kane, which is why I sometimes refer to him as "Needles" in this thread. Marcus is his real name, but Needles is his evil second personality, which is also the dominant one. As for Twisted Metal itself, it's a vehicle combat contest held by a powerful man known as Calypso, who has the ability to grant wishes. So whoever wins the Twisted Metal competition (by killing everyone) will have one wish as their prize. The word "twisted" is in the title for a reason though, as Calypso will often twist the words of the person making the wish in a way that puts them into misfortune or even peril.

/offtopic

Now that that's outta the way, thanks for voting! More updates should hopefully come soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
Staubhold

Staubhold

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 21st 2015, 3:13 am

Varia the Hunter wrote:
Staubhold wrote:

IMO the "bone crunching" sound is way too light sounding... Sounds more like twigs breaking then skull breaking.
Maybe use something from here:

-snip-
Thanks for trying to help. None of those sounds were giving me the effect I wanted, I'm afraid. Fortunately, I found a more heavy bone crush sound that should sound a bit more like a boot stomp with some cracking noises.

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 670481599 Great!
Back to top Go down
ROLEINMUGEN

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 21st 2015, 3:29 pm

That cchar is looking awesome"! I am gonna keep him for sure!

Thank you for making some interesting stuff!
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 25th 2015, 12:36 am

Well guys, I got a bit impatient, and I cooked up some stuff with the Ice Cream truck! As of right now, the "Sweet Bot" Hyper I wanted to do is scrapped since I have no model of it, and only planned on using the cutscene of it being constructed in PlayStation All-Stars and then having it fire at the enemy off screen. To compensate, I went ahead and made a level 2 Hyper move, where the vehicle itself puts the hurt on the enemy. The Sweet Tooth Ice Cream Truck, as mentioned before, is just a reskinned step van model from Resident Evil that I got.

The good thing is that the most recent version of his Ice Cream truck is a step van anyways, so it works. No clown bobble head on top, sadly, but it resembles the truck well enough I think. I made the skin to resemble the classic version from the original two Twisted Metal games for PS1, so it's just white with pink spots and a giant ice cream cone logo.

Now then, as previously mentioned, he can use the truck to fire a Freeze Missile, but now he has a Fire Missile, a second intro, and of course, a Hyper! Observe.

You'll notice that the Hyper has a long start-up. This is because of how powerful it is, as it takes nearly half a health bar out. So the enemy has a good chance to block. If they don't, well... sucks for them. There's a way that the truck can bypass defenses though. The animation of it first rolling in is an unblockable attack that does no damage, but serves to knock the enemy into the line of fire. They'll miss the freeze missile this way, but unfortunately, the truck can still run someone over even if they're lying down. So really, the best bet is just to stay put and guard. It can use some tweaking, and I'm open to suggestions, but for right now, I'm pleased with it!

Now, I just completed two more aerial attacks. He only needs one more, and then later I want to add an extra one where he does a ground pound from landing, like he does in PlayStation All-Stars. After aerials are done, I need to finish his crouch attacks, finish his specials and grabs, and make his basic hyper, and then he should be ready for beta release!

Until next update, keep on voting on those CSPs! Stay twisted tuned, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Cristianomelo

Cristianomelo

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 26th 2015, 6:27 pm

Amazing job, this character this growing bigger and better.
Back to top Go down
Navana

Navana

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 26th 2015, 10:32 pm

Really nice update. Hope to see more. ★
Back to top Go down
Darthpool

Darthpool

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 26th 2015, 11:07 pm

Varia the Hunter wrote:
shadowlord9001 wrote:
Can't really say I know who sweet tooth is but if you want the most intimidating one I'd go with CSP #2
He's the poster boy of the vehicle combat series "Twisted Metal", which is one of Sony's longest running PlayStation exclusive game series, as well as one of its most dangerous drivers.

If you'd like to get to know him better,

this video should get you two acquainted,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy6vX9SJR48

this video will show you his most recent outing in his vehicle of the same name,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6gdg_E1l3E

and this will showcase a bit of his story in his first fighting game debut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZ5dPindcI

The name "Sweet Tooth" is actually the name of his ice cream truck, but he's sort of adopted the title as his nickname as well. His actual name is Marcus "Needles" Kane, which is why I sometimes refer to him as "Needles" in this thread. Marcus is his real name, but Needles is his evil second personality, which is also the dominant one. As for Twisted Metal itself, it's a vehicle combat contest held by a powerful man known as Calypso, who has the ability to grant wishes. So whoever wins the Twisted Metal competition (by killing everyone) will have one wish as their prize. The word "twisted" is in the title for a reason though, as Calypso will often twist the words of the person making the wish in a way that puts them into misfortune or even peril.
Thanks, and after seeing that first video, I gotta say I would love to see this guy as a guest character in Mortal Kombat X
Back to top Go down
erickablond

erickablond

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 27th 2015, 5:07 pm

I was very pleased about the progress of video, simply stunning.
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 30th 2015, 3:31 pm

Well guys, Needles has reached a new level of dangerous. I've completed all of his aerial attacks, and all but one of his crouch attacks. His combo-ability has skyrocketed now! For example, now he can start with his standard one-two punch, use his kick, do the first machete hit, use his crouching light chop, use his crouching light kick, combo that into an uppercut, and then finish with an aerial combo. He can do it swiftly and seamlessly, and he causes major damage.

I've also given him a shield dash to get him out of tight spaces, and you can actually cancel it with the crouching uppercut, but only that move, and when you're close enough to the enemy. My idea in the context of the game here is that Needles is carrying a small portable version of the shielding system that the vehicles in Twisted Metal use, so he activates it and lunges forward, bypassing enemies to get him to safety. It costs 100 super energy, and only lasts about a second or two (just like the newest Twisted Metal game), but it's extremely useful.

Lastly, I finished his basic level 1 Hyper. Taken straight from PlayStation All-Stars, he takes out a pack of TNT, and rushes forward to plant it on the enemy. It counts as a grab, so it's unblockable, but avoidable. If successful, he plants it, then kicks the enemy away and revels in them getting blown up. lol He'll only have two hypers and not all of his special moves for the beta release, but he's already getting powerful enough right now. So with these things in mind, he is getting ever closer to my vision of a complicated pain-in-the-neck-to-fight combatant, solely made to have fun and troll enemies with. Stay tuned for more!

Last edited by Varia the Hunter on May 2nd 2015, 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 30th 2015, 6:04 pm

Sounds great, hey have you tought making the same special intro against joker for other clows like ronald mcdonald?
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 30th 2015, 7:41 pm

Mistah Jorge wrote:
Sounds great, hey have you tought making the same special intro against joker for other clows like ronald mcdonald?
Hmm, I hadn't thought about Ronald McDonald. I mainly did it for Joker since I see him as Needles' main clown competition. I may set it to work with Ronald, too, though!
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 30th 2015, 7:43 pm

Varia the Hunter wrote:
Mistah Jorge wrote:
Hmm, I hadn't thought about Ronald McDonald. I mainly did it for Joker since I see him as Needles' main clown competition. I may set it to work with Ronald, too, though!
i asked this mainly because people make ronald look like a psichopath
Are you planning to also add the rocket lancher as a hyper?
nice avatar btw
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyApril 30th 2015, 9:02 pm

Mistah Jorge wrote:
Varia the Hunter wrote:
Mistah Jorge wrote:
i asked this mainly because people make ronald look like a psichopath
Are you planning to also add the rocket lancher as a hyper?
nice avatar btw
Heh heh, thanks. Actually, he already has a Fire Missile from his truck as a special move, as I showed in the above progress video. I'm going for more over-the-top stuff for his Hypers. For instance, one of the Level 2's I'll give him later on will involve him running over the enemy with a motorcycle, then grinding a chainsaw on the ground as he's riding it to heat it up, and then throw it at the enemy before running them over again with the bike and dismounting. This attack, minus getting off the bike, is straight out of the 2012 Twisted Metal game, where you can actually grind the chainsaw to heat it up, and then throw it as an ultra powerful "flamesaw".

Other ones that come to mind are him eating a bit of ice cream to regain a little health, and then throwing it at the enemy, showing that he had explosives in the cone by blowing them up with it. Another would be him doing an ultra combo with his machete, which finishes with a critical stab. The last one I'd like to do would be a Level 3 involving forcing the enemy into the crossfire of a Twisted Metal fight, having Needles use the Sweet Tooth truck to combat another vehicle, (likely Darkside).
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyMay 2nd 2015, 6:18 pm

Forgive the double post, but I wanted to bump this to draw attention to it.

Would anybody with AI coding experience be willing to code an AI for Needles? It doesn't need to be complex, just good enough to make him a threat, mainly since his first release will be the beta version. A full, possibly brutal AI can wait until his fully complete release much later. I've no experience or knowledge on AIs, unfortunately. Anyone willing to lend a hand? Smile
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 EmptyMay 12th 2015, 12:59 am

Well, boys and girls, Sweet Tooth is nearly ready for beta release. Special thanks to Borewood for helping me out by coding an AI for him that makes him a pretty formidable foe! Hope you all look forward to him! I look forward to working on him more after his beta release. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31   Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Update 12/22/2015 Check out the arcade ending! The Road to a Complete Sweet Tooth (Ideas welcome!) - WIP from Varia31
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next