The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Today at 12:51 am

» Classic VS : Athena
what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 Emptyby ELECTRO May 15th 2024, 12:27 pm

» More Legionnaires
what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 Emptyby marvel May 15th 2024, 8:18 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 Emptyby Shining May 14th 2024, 10:56 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

what should 'start' (taunt) button function as?

Go down 
+2
crosspotts1.0
BigPimp
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

movelist (like they did in AvX)
what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
throw (throws need dedicated button)
what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
taunt (i like how it is now)
what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap67%what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 8 ]
taunt-throw mix (throw upclose, taunt far away)
what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
alnyrd

alnyrd

what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what should 'start' (taunt) button function as?   what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 10th 2022, 6:23 pm

Instead of buff to the player, I prefer the taunt to give the opponent both buff+debuff. Maybe something like: drains a small amount of opponent's health but increases a proportional amount of opponent's power meter (the one needed to do hyper), with condition that it won't have any effect on opponent's health when the health itself is below certain level (for example: no effect on health when the health is less than 10%). You shouldn't able to kill the opponent only with taunt, right?

Reason: it's a taunt. Taunt means to provoke. In some games (such as MMORPG), moves like taunt/provoke are used to attract the aggro of the opponent while giving debuff, such as a decreased defense but also an increased attack. Let's face the fact, taunt is meant to get the opponent angry, and angry opponent tends to lose their calm and attack more powerfully as well as more recklessly.
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: what should 'start' (taunt) button function as?   what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 8:11 am

alnyrd wrote:
Instead of buff to the player, I prefer the taunt to give the opponent both buff+debuff. Maybe something like: drains a small amount of opponent's health but increases a proportional amount of opponent's power meter (the one needed to do hyper), with condition that it won't have any effect on opponent's health when the health itself is below certain level (for example: no effect on health when the health is less than 10%). You shouldn't able to kill the opponent only with taunt, right?

Reason: it's a taunt. Taunt means to provoke. In some games (such as MMORPG), moves like taunt/provoke are used to attract the aggro of the opponent while giving debuff, such as a decreased defense but also an increased attack. Let's face the fact, taunt is meant to get the opponent angry, and angry opponent tends to lose their calm and attack more powerfully as well as more recklessly.

thats an interesting one as well
and makes sense too

but honestly, i think those kind of fine-tuned mechanics are wasted on our marvel games.. i mean, there is not really even a shred of balance in our games, since all characters are made by different authors. i could see this working in something like a classic mk game though, or very well balanced game, where everything is made by one person

and i really mostly was interested in reassigning the button function, not the taunt function, and assigning the throw to it myself, but good thing i did this poll, no one is interested in such a change it seems, so i just went through all characters and just assigned throw to P+P. and that it could be attempted at any distance. works well enough

most people want taunt to stay it seems, so i guess, ill leave it as is

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: what should 'start' (taunt) button function as?   what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 8:13 am

Doom wrote:

@BigPimp
First, I want to make a personal comment. I love the clear way you have to express your ideas. It is always a pleasure to read your comments, although my mother tongue is Spanish and I am not good at English.

Second, doing an openBOR, basic at least, is not a great job. Even more so if you already have the sprites. It is extremely easy to code if you compare it to MUGEN. In fact my son is experimenting with it now. Likewise, it would be good to have a small working group.

well, good luck to you guys as well what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 670481599
im not sure about easy, i really didnt like how they program animations and hitboxes, where you have to align the sprites inside every image tbh
Back to top Go down
MERK_U

MERK_U

PostSubject: Re: what should 'start' (taunt) button function as?   what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 10:31 am

@BigPimp

About the Intro / Outro (Victory Pose) I always thought they should be separate from Taunt,
so it gives the character more of an overall variety feeling.

Isn't it cool to just show off when your giving the opponent a rear whooping & taunt them on?

yes Laughing

If you wanted a throw as a taunt, wouldn't you just put it as one of the 6 button commands?
As in Ken's / Ryu's reverse roll kick throw?

Just thought I'd put that out there, I understand if you didn't want to compromise any of the action commands for a throw, then that would make sense.

A little bit off topic, what I did enjoy to see was people implementing the special bar power up trigger, as they are powering up like a super-saiyan. I think that's really cool to be honest. Twisted Evil

It's cool to talk about these things for opinion's. what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 670481599

Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: what should 'start' (taunt) button function as?   what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 11:04 am

BigPimp wrote:

...where you have to align the sprites inside every image tbh

I was reluctant to that too ... so my first BOR character I did it with the cut MUGEN sprites and it's possible, but later I realized that the suggested method is better ... what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 311127478
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: what should 'start' (taunt) button function as?   what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 1:22 pm

@ME72K_U

yeah, i mean taunt is cool, i guess i just dont see much point in it in an unbalanced offline game ahah) and i guess some characters lack winposes/intros as well, so i just thought i'd kill two birds with 1 stone there tbh, but people just like their taunts

maybe it also comes down to with which game each of us grew up with, if those are street fighter games, which always had taunts, probably removing it would seem like a blasphemy

in classic mk games taunts were only boss characters ability, which was also executed as a special move, not just as at button press

and yeah, you got it on the nail man, in general i wish that mugen just had 2 additional buttons, 1 for a throw, 1 for a block or a movelist, to not compromise anything, but we just dont have that, sadly.. ikemen go has, but it is not completly bug-free yet, not every character working there properly yet, so i dropped the idea of using it for now

Doom wrote:

I was reluctant to that too ... so my first BOR character I did it with the cut MUGEN sprites and it's possible, but later I realized that the suggested method is better ... what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 311127478

i actually remembered there is an option inside Fighter Factory to save images "aligned". i think it would actually save them in a way that is suitable for openbor, just in case you didnt know

MERK_U likes this post

Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: what should 'start' (taunt) button function as?   what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 11th 2022, 1:58 pm

I do not use Fighter Factory ... gota1
Thanks for the advice. It will probably be useful to someone else ... sonrisa

Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what should 'start' (taunt) button function as?   what should 'start' (taunt) button function as? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2