The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 DEMO
Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply Emptyby O Ilusionista Yesterday at 10:19 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply

Go down 
+5
chancethegamer
kimczi
Mr.Ketchup
Shining
volzzilla
9 posters
AuthorMessage
volzzilla

volzzilla

Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply Empty
PostSubject: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptySeptember 30th 2022, 9:32 am

the like button was just a little extra to add to the features.

but some people are thinking of it as a replacement for thinking if you like something, hit it instead of reply.

----

posting activity with replies is the life blood for a forum. nothing is more important for a forum community than replies to keep the community alive.

if you like something, reply in the topic please.

Last edited by ModeratorBot on May 29th 2023, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

RenatoNat.J likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
volzzilla

volzzilla

Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptyOctober 1st 2022, 12:16 am

bump

RenatoNat.J likes this post

Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptyOctober 1st 2022, 10:21 am

bumping again to try and help the community learn its better to post than just hit the like button.
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptyOctober 1st 2022, 10:52 am

more partecipation to forum guys Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ketchup

Mr.Ketchup

PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptyOctober 1st 2022, 12:47 pm

It's a bit pity to take away a feature, it's not hurting showing your appreciation to the art. I comment and like, because I think it's a kind thing to do for support, but that's just my take.

I do agree that commenting leads to broader discussion, so I do encourage it, but I do not see the reason to take away the small feature.

Somm likes this post

Back to top Go down
kimczi

kimczi

PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptyOctober 1st 2022, 7:03 pm

i don't see a difference between like and comment "nice sprite/work" but after removing likes not everyone who was giving them will start typing these comments and there will be less activity, thats what i think.

Somm and MatreroG like this post

Back to top Go down
chancethegamer

PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptyOctober 1st 2022, 9:09 pm

I don’t think removing the like button will encourage more participation. There’s still gonna be users signed up who will never type a reply

Somm and MatreroG like this post

Back to top Go down
RenatoNat.J

RenatoNat.J

PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptyOctober 1st 2022, 10:21 pm

I will endeavor to participate more in forum discussions as much as possible. I think the like option is also a way to interact and show support or disapproval, this is important, but I agree that the interaction of the members is important to develop new ideas.

MatreroG likes this post

Back to top Go down
MatreroG

MatreroG

PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptyOctober 2nd 2022, 10:01 am

I don't think like and dislike buttons deter comments. On the contrary, they provide quick support or disapproval of the current discussions. I guess it can become a frequent option depending on the device the user is on.
The lack of comments can be due to multiple reasons. But it is true that Forum Events attract the attention of new users or creators and renew the interest of old ones.
For comments on the forum to grow we have to be receptive, tolerant, respectful, creative and productive. Showing and bringing quality news can gradually build a large and active community.
Lol, sorry, on the surface it sounds like a self-help or cult speech. lol! But there is some truth within..

gartanham and Somm like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqWXFLyId41h6itJE2IwhlQ
Somm

Somm

PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptyOctober 2nd 2022, 10:21 am

About that, I almost daily open the forum on mobile and quickly read the lastest posts/wips. I usually do this on breakfast, before sleep or in the work breaks.
Hit the like button in the things I like or posts that I agree is the main way to feedback the things fast here, sorry but I usually only do coments when it is really necessary.
I dont think always been comenting "Good work" or "Good job" or "I like it" is more productive than simple hit the like button to show that you like it/unlike it.

But thats is certainly just me.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptyOctober 2nd 2022, 7:07 pm

respectfully, there is a big difference between hitting the like button and a post reply saying one likes whatever.

the reply will show forum activity on the latest topics for however long. and that will be seen on every single page of the website during that time.

the like button hit is only seen if that particular post of that particular  topic if it is looked at.

forum activity begets more forum activity. as in, the more active a forum appears, the higher likelihood others will post wherever. the same can be said of inactivity in the reverse. the more inactive a forum looks, the more likely someone who might have posted will not.

i think its very clear i've provided more features and outlets to sow forum activity than anyone else on MMV, so i dont take it lightly about removing a feature (in this case the like button)

but if i keep seeing a pattern of people just hitting like instead of posting, it has to be considered....because nothing, and i mean nothing, is better for a forum on the internet (and that means any forum) than forum posting activity.

the best way to keep this pattern from happening too much is if you hit the like button, please also post a reply.

Mr.Ketchup and Somm like this post

Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptyOctober 11th 2022, 3:55 pm

RenatoNat.J wrote:
I will endeavor to participate more in forum discussions as much as possible. I think the like option is also a way to interact and show support or disapproval, this is important, but I agree that the interaction of the members is important to develop new ideas.

please do as MMV's needing all the post help it can get lately Sad
Back to top Go down
ModeratorBot

ModeratorBot

PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply EmptyMay 29th 2023, 10:14 pm

Lots of post likes lately which is coinciding with a drop in posts.

Reminder, replies to posts are much more productive when it comes to building the forum community + showing support to something you may like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply   Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply Empty

Back to top Go down

Please do not use the 'Like' button only...If you like something, then a better way to support is to post a reply
Page 1 of 1