The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» we need deathlook
Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro Emptyby Cesar Today at 4:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Word Association Game <--
Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:12 pm

» B-kun's 8-Bits Series Big Update!! (14 chars)
Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 8:04 pm

» Skhsato123 Sprites
Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 7:53 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thatguy

thatguy

Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro Empty
PostSubject: Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro   Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro EmptyMarch 9th 2019, 3:44 am

Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro. http://interactivemugen.blogspot.com/
Original patch by SyN
Edited by thatguy

This patcher will patch all characters in your chars folder, and does the CNS, -2, and AIR, and Slam Masters Intros.
I dug up Syn's old interactive stages, and modified the auto patcher he used to work for Electro's interactive mugen.
Please feel free to use as you see fit. Let me know of any questions.

Here is the new all-in-one patcher:

https://mega.nz/#!RM8hjIqK!U-vn-kq6XgxIC211Et8KfVb6nZn0NefoMo7jx0-azA4

Tip (thanks Electro):
If you check for statedef -2 in each character file prior to patching, and add one it if it is missing this will solve the issues with the patcher.
This could probably be done with a "search and replace" program.

This is for use only with Interactive mugen by Electro:
http://interactivemugen.blogspot.com/

I just went through 100s of characters and patched them for Interactive mugen. It works on about 90% of characters.
It saved me tons of time patching my 500+ characters in my screenpack yes

Last edited by thatguy on March 10th 2019, 4:42 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated ALLin1 patcher)
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro   Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro EmptyMarch 9th 2019, 7:51 am

I can t believe... Fantastic patch invention... I must try it
it works only in his screenpack?
Back to top Go down
ELECTRO

ELECTRO

PostSubject: Re: Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro   Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro EmptyMarch 9th 2019, 12:12 pm

This looks interesting. I'll give it a go & see what's up.
Back to top Go down
http://electroslair.blogspot.com/
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro   Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro EmptyMarch 9th 2019, 1:27 pm

I've been going through my screenpack, and so far it is doing 90% of the characters I use.

It will search for certain sections of code, or a file, and paste the Interactive code where it needs to go.

If a character is missing statedef -2 then the code will fail.
The CMD window will hang and do nothing.
Close the lash.exe CMD window, move the character that error out of the "chars" folder, and run lash again.
The patch will check a file before adding the code.
If the code already exists, then the patch will move on to the next character.

I remember doing a screenpack a year ago, manually patching each character and it took a while.
With this patch you may still have to manually patch a few characters, but it has saved me hours of time converting these 500+ in my screenpack.
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro   Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro EmptyMarch 9th 2019, 1:35 pm

Genius
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro   Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro EmptyMarch 9th 2019, 10:00 pm

Thanks for the comments, and support yes

OK version 2 of the patch.

I have fixed the slam masters intro part of the code to work with the patch.

Download here:
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!VAUFXaLB!zGWWzDjgd4RypzkyIOpRVwX4_fQFw_pJr0eOpJUuhiU

Update notes:

I have separated the patches for more compatibility. You do have to run 4 separate patches now though.
Most common cause of patch not working is character missing "statedef -2", or another flag the patch is searching for.
I have updated the patch code for more compatibility.

I wish I were better at this type of coding as this could be perfected without any failure.
I'd need to know how to tell it to ask "if this, then that" or "if that, then this"
If anyone knows how please let us know as this can open the window to all sorts of extras we only thought could be achieved within a fullgame.

With the 4 sets of code separated you can at least get *some* of the code automatic instead of patch failing without doing anything.

I have also included an ALL in 1 patch, but there is more of a chance of it failing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up a patcher for Super Smash Bros Mugen... stay tuned
Back to top Go down
ELECTRO

ELECTRO

PostSubject: Re: Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro   Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro EmptyMarch 10th 2019, 3:12 am

In the read me maybe say, you need to check & see if your character has [Statedef -2] & if not then it needs to be added before patching. Another thing that might work is simply adding [Statedef -2] to the IM code because having it written twice will not hurt anything. I'll keep playing around with it.
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro   Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro EmptyMarch 10th 2019, 3:38 am

ELECTRO wrote:
In the read me maybe say, you need to check & see if your character has [Statedef -2] & if not then it needs to be added before patching. Another thing that might work is simply adding [Statedef -2] to the IM code because having it written twice will not hurt anything. I'll keep playing around with it.

That might just work... adding the code anyways.  scratch

I will update the readme again with info on the statedef -2 once a solution is made...

-----------------------------

I just fixed a bunch more.  Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro 2800933067
-changed intro check to statedef 191 instead of 190
-changed check for cns file
-fixed all in one

It now works for the vast majority.

All in one works and barely errors at all.

Here is the new all-in-one patcher:

https://mega.nz/#!RM8hjIqK!U-vn-kq6XgxIC211Et8KfVb6nZn0NefoMo7jx0-azA4

Tip (thanks Electro):
If you check for statedef -2 in each character file prior to patching, and add one it if it is missing this will solve the issues with the patcher.
This could probably be done with a "search and replace" program.

Last edited by thatguy on March 10th 2019, 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ELECTRO

ELECTRO

PostSubject: Re: Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro   Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro EmptyMarch 10th 2019, 4:13 am

Another thing I must say/warn is that people should make a separate Mugen for a couple of reasons. #1 if your character is not size = 1 on their X & Y then stuff will not be centered correctly or the hitboxs will be to small or large. So filling the separate Mugen with characters of size = 1 is the best way to go. #2 if something goes wrong then you only messed up the characters in the separate Mugen & not your main Mugen. So those are the biggest things to keep in mind.

With all that said i'm back working on Version #3 & it will be released sometime in June. This patcher should make things a lot easier so thanks Thatguy for your efforts.
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro   Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro EmptyMarch 10th 2019, 4:46 am

ELECTRO wrote:
Another thing I must say/warn is that people should make a separate Mugen for a couple of reasons. #1 if your character is not size = 1 on their X & Y then stuff will not be centered correctly or the hitboxs will be to small or large. So filling the separate Mugen with characters of size = 1 is the best way to go. #2 if something goes wrong then you only messed up the characters in the separate Mugen & not your main Mugen. So those are the biggest things to keep in mind.

With all that said i'm back working on Version #3 & it will be released sometime in June. This patcher should make things a lot easier so thanks Thatguy for your efforts.

I completely agree. Always have a separate mugen for your interactive mugen.

Glad to have assisted. That was my hope to make things easier for the eventual update.
Hopefully with the patch it will make it easier for novice mugen users to enjoy interactive mugen.

Awesome to hear you working on IM3 again. Looking forward to the new features, remembering some cool new stages from videos yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro   Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro Empty

Back to top Go down

Auto patcher for interactive mugen by Electro
Page 1 of 1