The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» SFA2 "Lost Island - Japan" Akuma (Gouki) Stage V-2.0 For MUGEN 1.1 and IKEMEN-Go
Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 Emptyby Tiger-Boy Today at 1:51 pm

» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!

Go down 
+15
rj10018576
WADEPOOL
BlueSpiderX
MatreroG
CARNAGE777
Doom
Arkady
Werewood
yolomate
skhsato123
shags2dope
LESSARD
logansam
Angelus_Silverhead
Fabry Taz
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Majestor

Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 9th 2017, 2:23 am

shags2dope wrote:
Once again you aren't showing any proof where did i say i was upset that ma did anything. I said ppl should respect creators wishes. Nor did i claim to be a creator anywhere. I don't need sympathy as i havent lost anything the end goal was always to share these creations

You cannot make me out to be a bad guy without proof instead of makin up things show proof or let it go.

I don't need to make you out to be a "bad guy", mate. You're doing a mighty good job of that on your own.

The reality is that once anything is put on the Internet, it ceases to be under control. How many thousands of people have lost their jobs because they stupidly put something on Facebook that people downloaded and then shared even after they deleted it? That's an extreme example compared to this, but I hope you grok the parallels. Even if we argue, for argument's sake, that this rant is completely justified and you and Taz are 100% in the right for getting mad (or "righteously disgusted", whatever you want to call it), what do you expect anyone here to do? No one here on MMV is a mod on MA, last I heard. And even if you or Taz got someone to delete it there, who's to stop someone from just uploading it somewhere else? This is the Internet, man. Life finds a way.

If "the end goal was always to share these creations", then why is this thread even a thing? Just chill, enjoy the fruits of your commission and Have Fun with Mugen. Isn't that what we're all here for, in the end?
Back to top Go down
shags2dope

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 9th 2017, 2:33 am

Very cute lol but you have said one true thing once its out its out. I already knew that. Second I did not create this thread in the first place. Taz is upset his wishes were not respected. I didn't tell him to mske a thread. Nor did i say anything negative about mugen archive.

You came at me with lies blatant lies so i defended myself period.
Back to top Go down
Majestor

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 9th 2017, 2:44 am

shags2dope wrote:
Very cute lol but you have said one true thing once its out its out. I already knew that. Second I did not create this thread in the first place. Taz is upset his wishes were not respected. I didn't tell him to mske a thread. Nor did i say anything negative about mugen archive.

Nah, you're just spazzing out on people in this thread who are going against The Narrative calling them leeches and such.

I don't know what you did or didn't say about MA and he-said-she-said games are about as childish as it gets, so I'll just leave you by saying I hope you and Taz both learned something valuable from this clusterfuck. Him, I hope he learned something about the reach of his arm when it comes to the Internet. You... I'll be honest, I think the best we can hope for with you is that Taz keeps you on a shorter leash from now on.
Back to top Go down
shags2dope

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 9th 2017, 3:05 am

you throw claims around that i have done this and that i tell you to prove it and now its childish to get into he said she said. Smh
Back to top Go down
Fabry Taz

Fabry Taz

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 9th 2017, 3:24 am

1) I never said that my works are beauty than others, I never bragged and I will never brag because I know they can be improved

2) No one has ever said that Shags2dope was my collaborator or creator, this is a rumor of those idiotic pests of MA

3) It's not just that i do not like the files uploaded in a different file sharing place, it's the fact that the people doing so are making adfly revenue off of it as well. They are making money off of my work.

4) I do not find it right that people who did not miss a minute of their time earn on my shoulders, work day and night also for
people like you who do nothing but complain and throw shit on other people.

Do you think my way of doing is childish, well, nobody forces you to download my characters or respond to this topic
Back to top Go down
karim

karim

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 9th 2017, 4:54 am

Sad...but this is the internet
Anyway, everyone knows that you are the creator of char
Other people will make money(or try to) directly or indirectly with your work, regardless of the site that is, being blogs or websites, from advertisings, adsense, adfly, views in Youtube...
You have to keep this in your mind and be prepared if you want to release something.
If this makes you feel better, i always remove the adfly prefix of no-official links.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 9th 2017, 2:42 pm

I want to discuss something about "what kind of MUGEN files can be claimed copyright?"........

Long time ago, I once read somebody (probably some MUGEN Pro's) who said that, "all MUGEN files have no copyright at all."

But what about the originally made "sprites"?  If the "sprites" are some source-game rips then of course the copyright belongs to the source-game makers.  For some original sprite works like Reuben Kee's Dragon Claw, I think Reuben Kee could claim his copyright on his Dragon Claw sprites.  
The MUGEN graphic files, *.sff, shall belong to Elecbyte (the sprites inside *.sff may belong to the original maker).
The MUGEN sound files, *.snd, shall also belong to Elecbyte (the sounds inside *.snd may belong to the original maker).
The MUGEN palette files, *.pal, shall belong to Elecbyte (or just some PhotoShop/PaintShopPro output files?)
On the other hand, I agree that most other MUGEN "program files" are just text files (*.air, *.cns, *.st, *.cmd,....etc.)
In my MUGEN opinion, all the MUGEN "program files" are just like the desktop.ini in your M$ Windows, the scan_result.log in your anti-virus softare, the char_ryu_ sel_pose.xml in your Street Fighter 4 Ryu folder,....etc....
Like, for my Custom_Experimental_BA_Wang_Pairon MUGEN "program files" I just put them all in one (1) big single "MUGEN_Manual.html" that can be opened just like a web page in anybody's web browsers, and it can still be loaded and run in MUGEN.

Putting MUGEN sound files, *.snd aside, can the original "sprites" in the MUGEN graphic files, *.sff, be claimed copyright?
Well, according to this https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ01.pdf :

Code:
What Works Are Protected?
Copyright protects “original works of authorship” that are
fixed in a tangible form of expression. The fixation need not
be directly perceptible so long as it may be communicated
with the aid of a machine or device. Copyrightable works
include the following categories:
1 literary works
2 musical works, including any accompanying words
3 dramatic works, including any accompanying music
4 pantomimes and choreographic works
5 pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works
6 motion pictures and other audiovisual works
7 sound recordings
8 architectural works
These categories should be viewed broadly. For example,
computer programs and most “compilations” may be registered
as “literary works”; maps and architectural plans may
be registered as “pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works.”

By this definition, someone's original sprite works can be protected by copyright, and a MUGEN graphic files, *.sff containing the original "sprites", are a part of "computer programs".  I think the same applies to the sounds inside the MUGEN sound files, *.snd too.

This web site provides all one needs to try to claim copyright for his/her/its works:
https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

But, I think you have to prove that the original works do belong to YOU first.

Here is my MUGEN case in late 2015:

I once mugenized and released a Custom_Experimental_TRF2_Greed and I found some reckless MUGEN dude uploaded it to their web site, which was fine to me.  BUT!  He tried to remove/delete the most important MUGEN readme files from my uploaded (to my OneDrive) ZIP file to make it smaller in file size then uploaded to mediafire.  I was so mad that I sent my complaint to mediafire in hope of getting rid of that butchered Custom_Experimental_TRF2_Greed file.
I failed big time because mediafire told me to prove to them that all files in my Custom_Experimental_TRF2_Greed belong to me, but since all the sprites and sounds of my Custom_Experimental_TRF2_Greed were just a result of a source-game rip, I was not able to prove anything. 
Here is the e-mail I sent to mediafire:
Code:
Ticket submitted:

First Name: Bore
Last Name: Wood
Email:
Description from user:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am Borewood and I have a valid mediafire.com account. I am writing to report an abuse that may be considered a misuse of my recently uploaded file that is about my hobby.

Recently I compiled a ZIP file and uploaded to mediafire.com:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xmzymc54p2qbsf7/Custom_Experimental_TRF2_Greed_2015-11-17.zip
And I am sharing this ZIP file with my fellow hobbyists.

Later I found out that some unauthorized person tried to modify my recently uploaded ZIP file to mediafire.com yet in which he/she deleted and altered some important parts in my original uploaded ZIP file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/uncay20hai0efno/Custom_Greed.rar

Therefore, I am sending a request to see if you can help me by disabling or deleting the above "uncay20hai0efno/Custom_Greed.rar" by some unauthorized person.

Thank you very much for your help and time.

Borewood

Here is the e-mail I received back from mediafire:
Code:
##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (22424) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
Charlie

Charlie (MediaFire)

Nov 18, 10:31 AM

For MediaFire to be legally compliant, we must have a completed DMCA Take Down Notice

RESOLVING THE PROBLEM
Please send us a proper notification. All notices should comply with the notification requirements of the DMCA. You MUST provide the complete set of information below. Once your request is re-submitted with the proper information we will process it in a timely fashion.

1. Identify yourself as either: (a) The owner of a copyrighted work(s), or (b) A person "authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
2. Identify the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed. Please be advised that we are unable to remove link(s) submitted that are not a specific file location but instead a shared folder(s). We are unable to verify you are the copyright holder or representative of the copyright holder for every file in the folder. In order for us to comply with your request, please identify the specific files you are representing. The MediaFire links are in the form http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.mediafire.com/?xxxxxxxxxx, or http://www.mediafire.com/file/xxxxxxxxxxx/filename.filetype.
3. Identify the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit MediaFire to locate the material
4. Provide contact information that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and a valid electronic mail address.
5. State that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law.
6. State that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

A proper notification MUST contain the information above, or it may not be properly processed.

(For more details on the information required for valid notification, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3).)

ABOUT US AND OUR ABUSE POLICIES
Please understand that MediaFire is only a file and image hosting platform for any user to upload and download files. As a hosting service provider, we do not actively monitor the content being transferred by our users; however, any file that is in violation of our Terms of Service will be restricted from being distributed by our service once a verifiable abuse report is submitted.

Terms of Service
http://www.mediafire.com/terms_of_service.php

Privacy Policy
http://www.mediafire.com/privacy_policy.php

LEGAL NOTICE FOR ALL ABUSE REQUESTS
You should be aware that, under the DMCA, claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material in addition to court costs, and attorneys fees.

FURTHER INFORMATION
If this email has not answered any relevant questions, please feel free to contact us again.

To help expedite your request please submit it to abuse@mediafire.com.

Charlie
MediaFire | Customer Support

Up to today, I still cannot do anything about it, simply because I do not really own anything in my Custom_Experimental_TRF2_Greed.  OK fine I have already given up.

Now, for your Fulgore case............since all its sprites are your original artwork (BUT, the name Fulgore and the character idea should belong to Nintendo right?), if you plan to proceed to get a copyright protection from copyright.gov, do you think you can use the copyright to "sue" M.A. and to try to force them to take your Fulgore down from their upload places?  Well, I am not sure about this though...........and it shall go through many "official steps" I believe............

Basically for now there is no real protection for MUGEN contents.........even Elecbyte is diving deep somewhere.......of course, if you are able to build a very big online userbase support then you might want to open some big anti-M.A. campaign........or just like it has been said before, "good luck with your MUGEN commission stuff when you decide to make it public.........."
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
buanbuan

buanbuan

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 9th 2017, 3:49 pm

If you want become a super star from E3, the mugen are not for you. I enderstant your rage, sometime I can not share my creation (with not my name credited) in mugen archive because the forum bloc me. I RAGE ok , but the fondamental principe of mugen is sharing, that not the place for popularity. Imagine the creator of Urian (sfIII) say sentence like you. True people know, arkady zvitor bam ect... are i heart of all mugen's fan and some people use there names but everything know that fake.

désolé pour mon Anglais
Back to top Go down
http://metamondes.deviantart.com
buanbuan

buanbuan

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 9th 2017, 3:50 pm

and respect and thank for your shares
Back to top Go down
http://metamondes.deviantart.com
Fabry Taz

Fabry Taz

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 12th 2017, 3:27 am

I do not care about fame or glory or even become a super star E3.

I work in the mugen because it is a hobby and because I like to "make people happy" that they ask me to make a character according to what they want

I would not have anything on contrary to share my work with other forums, but I'm sorry to be discredited and defined as a thief because my job does not like others. You talk about a hobby not a real job, I'm not the best And I know, but I always try to improve and meet people's expectations
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 12th 2017, 2:26 pm

Fabry Taz wrote:
I do not care about fame or glory or even become a super star E3.

I work in the mugen because it is a hobby and because I like to "make people happy" that they ask me to make a character according to what they want

I would not have anything on contrary to share my work with other forums, but I'm sorry to be discredited and defined as a thief because my job does not like others. You talk about a hobby not a real job, I'm not the best And I know, but I always try to improve and meet people's expectations

Its joke?? "make people happy".... Do you have an account Paypal for "donation", if you really "make people happy" do like me, all created without money! yes yes yes
Back to top Go down
shags2dope

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 12th 2017, 3:32 pm

No disrespect but creating palletes is alot different than creating characters. But to clarify he said making ppl happy by creating the characters he is commisioned to make to the buyers desire.
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 12th 2017, 3:41 pm

shags2dope wrote:
No disrespect but creating palletes is alot different than creating characters. But to clarify he said making ppl happy by creating the characters he is commisioned to make to the buyers desire.

Excuse me but you not see my work, I not only creator of palettes: I created stages, and put ideas a some chars etc etc but never got a credit!!now this last 2 years some good people gime credits(some stolen my ideas so...)... and created palettes is no easy, is time, sweat, tiredness etc...
Back to top Go down
shags2dope

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 12th 2017, 3:45 pm

Like i said its no disrespect
Back to top Go down
ferreira

ferreira

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 EmptyJune 18th 2017, 9:51 pm

Let's be honest mugen does not have any copyright for more that we put it is that it is annoying to reuse your work in the name of a parasite but we must understand that that is mugen is gatris and it is an open code and we can not change it or sell it much less already That if they are not registered, I recommend that if you want you can legally upload the ideas, it will only cost you and anyone who uses without permission of your work may be sued, but hey it's not the idea I understand and I understand your annoyance but We must understand that mugen is an open code and we can not close it, put a custom password to the page to certain people to this page will not help anything since they are files and can be filtered at the time of having them on the user's computer then The only thing would be to register your work legally and another alive can take your ideas since even if you want to sell to only select people some of them take your ideas and the S up after is logical is computer science, engineering can be as a film says "Human knowledge belongs to the world".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwb6nb6jSQA-2t182S1OfuA?view_as
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!   Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Okay, I don't share my jobs anymore !!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next