The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» --> [SPAM GAME] - Word Association Game <--
On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:12 pm

» B-kun's 8-Bits Series Big Update!! (14 chars)
On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 8:04 pm

» Skhsato123 Sprites
On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» --> [SPAM GAME] - I like or I do not like <--
On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 7:51 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?

Go down 
+2
Doom
Mr.Welldone
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Welldone

On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? Empty
PostSubject: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptyAugust 26th 2015, 10:57 pm

On Mugen, I clicked on Mugen. When I played my Mugen game of Marvel VS SNK, it's very slow, it starts lagging, I can't withstand with fixing the slow Mugen on my computer to make it go faster! <:-( So I want to make into the Hi Res from the Low Res. Please, help me! On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? 2649099129 On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?

Please and thank you.

(No Rude Answers)
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptyAugust 28th 2015, 11:00 am

You can provide more information about your problem ?

For example :
-Version of MUGEN.
-See Configuration Files of your MUGEN.
-Know the features of your computer.
-Know if it happens all the characters / stages.
-Number of characters / stages.
-Etc

With more information ... surely someone could give you a useful advice.

Luck! On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? 670481599
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptyAugust 28th 2015, 11:38 am

So you want to make your mugen low res?
well then there must be a file in the "data" folder that is called "mugen" wich file extension "cfg" open that file and search for something like this:

;Game native width and height.
;Recommended settings are:
;  640x480   Standard definition 4:3
; 1280x720   High definition 16:9
; 1920x1080  Full HD 16:9
GameWidth = 1280
GameHeight = 720[/spoiler]

change game width and game height to 640 and 480 respectebly (or even lower resolutions, but i'd use the recomended setting)

PS: you're on mugen multiverse, don't expect any rude awnswers

Last edited by Mistah Jorge on August 28th 2015, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave Rattlz

Dave Rattlz

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptyAugust 28th 2015, 12:07 pm

if you are using mugen 1.0 consider moving on to 1.1, its is a lot faster cause its uses GPU features, and more than one cpu core, unlike 1.0, I had the same problem and ever since I moved on to 1.1 I have much better performance, and about compatibility, I thought my mugen 1.0 stuff wouldn´t work on 1.1 but all my 1.0 stuff works on 1.1 and even some winmugen stuff works too.

If you do move on to 1.1 download the latest beta, wich is in the downloads section of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Welldone

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptyAugust 28th 2015, 1:29 pm

@MistahJorge No, bro. I do not want to make my Mugen into the low res, I want to make my Mugen into the hi res.
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptyAugust 28th 2015, 2:12 pm

then change the resolution to 1280x720 then, or you can always try to move on to mugen 1.1 (like dave said) if you have mugen 1.0
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptyAugust 29th 2015, 5:33 am

Yo Mr.Welldone, what is your PC specs may I kindly ask please? Question
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Mr.Welldone

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptySeptember 2nd 2015, 3:31 am

Okay, Borewood. Windows XP, I have a desktop computer.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptySeptember 2nd 2015, 4:43 am

Mr.Welldone wrote:
Okay, Borewood. Windows XP, I have a desktop computer.

Alright, how about your PC RAM power and your CPU level please?  And your Windows XP is of 32-bit or 64-bit version please?

I asked you those because, my PC has some not-too-bad specs that slow-down rarely happens to my MUGEN gaming, even with some heavy-duty MUGEN screenpacks/characters/stages.....

Other than your PC specs, there is something you can do to decrease some computer power usage or to speed up your MUGEN, in your MUGEN configuration, I guess:

- in your MUGEN mugen.cfg (I use MUGEN1.0 entirely):
  under [Options], set GameSpeed = 0 to something higher like 3-4
  under [Config], set LayeredSpriteMax = 256 to something lower like 128
  under [Config], set SpriteDecompressionBufferSize = 16384 to something lower like 5000
  under [Config], set ExplodMax = 256 to something lower like 30
  under [Config], set HelperMax = 56 to something lower like 15
  under [Config], set PlayerProjectileMax = 32 to something lower like 5
  under [Video], set BlitMode =  to Normal
  under [Video], set RenderMode = to System or DirectX
  under [Misc], set PlayerCache = 20 to something lower like 4
  under [Misc], set Precache = 1 to something lower like 0
  under [Misc], set BufferedRead = 1 to something lower like 0
  under [Misc], set UnloadSystem = 0 to something higher like 1

Last edited by borewood2013 on September 2nd 2015, 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Welldone

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptySeptember 2nd 2015, 5:21 am

Thank you, Borewood. You are my best helper and my new best friend! :-D
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptySeptember 2nd 2015, 5:34 am

Mr.Welldone wrote:
Thank you, Borewood. You are my best helper and my new best friend! :-D

You are welcome and I hope that MUGEN cfg setting helps.

By the way, I corrected some errors in my MUGEN cfg post, please review it again sorry. Embarassed

Other than your PC specs, there is something you can do to decrease some computer power usage or to speed up your MUGEN, in your MUGEN configuration, I guess:

- in your MUGEN mugen.cfg (I use MUGEN1.0 entirely):
  under [Options], set GameSpeed = 0 to something higher like 3-4
  under [Config], set LayeredSpriteMax = 256 to something lower like 128
  under [Config], set SpriteDecompressionBufferSize = 16384 to something lower like 5000
  under [Config], set ExplodMax = 256 to something lower like 30
  under [Config], set HelperMax = 56 to something lower like 15
  under [Config], set PlayerProjectileMax = 32 to something lower like 5
  under [Video], set BlitMode =  to Normal
  under [Video], set RenderMode = to System or DirectX
  under [Misc], set PlayerCache = 20 to something lower like 4
  under [Misc], set Precache = 1 to something lower like 0
  under [Misc], set BufferedRead = 1 to something lower like 0

under [Misc], set UnloadSystem = 0 to something higher like 1
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptySeptember 2nd 2015, 6:05 am

Great ! clap
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
Playing Enemy

Playing Enemy

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? EmptyJanuary 6th 2017, 7:34 pm

Sorry to revive such an old topic, but I recently transferred all my pc mugen games to my laptop. so that I could play using my tv as monitor. Anyways, most my games run at full speed, and all games except Marvel-EoH are using Mugen 1.0 or 1.1. All seem to be running amazingly good, but a few of them run worse than they do on my original xbox using xmugen which only has 64mb of ram to use. The main one I'm concerned about that lags a lot is Hyper DBZ - Majin Build. It is a very low resource game, and lags like crap, but my super heavy resource games run great such as Hokuto No Ken - Terza Demo. Does anyone know what could be causing certain games to lag so bad?

My laptop is using Windows 7 Home, has 4gb of ram, and a decent Radeon gfx card (not sure which), but it can run some decent games at full fps with medium high options set.

Another game that runs really laggy is Castlevania 2016 (which is amazing good btw to all you), and it comes with an executable for winmugen,1.0, and 1.1. The winmugen and 1.0 versions run great, but the 1.1 version lags like a mofo. Could it just be an issue with 1.1? I thought Hyper DBZ was running on 1.0, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?   On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster? Empty

Back to top Go down

On Mugen, how can I fix the slow lagging Mugen game to make it go faster?
Page 1 of 1