The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* Emptyby manbatshark8 Today at 10:05 pm

» Classic VS : Athena
Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* Emptyby ELECTRO Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» More Legionnaires
Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* Emptyby marvel Yesterday at 8:18 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* Emptyby Shining May 14th 2024, 10:56 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost Killer

Ghost Killer

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* Empty
PostSubject: Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta*   Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* EmptyJune 6th 2015, 7:25 am

Hello.

So, after hours of thinking about it, I have decided to release Akira early. Due to my time becoming extreemly limited, I have found it hard to make much progress with him. Because of this, I am releasing him now in this state and will update him as time goes on.

I accept any and all feedback and criticism.

Not only is Akira compatible with localcoord, he also has a config file to disable some of his features.

Warning: Not all of Akira's sprites are finished. Because of this, a few attack anims and a couple of attack states are repeated. He is also missing a bunch of FX and missing supers.

Movelist:

Mechanics:
Dodge || LP + LK
Grab || MP + MK
Taunt || HP + HK or Start

Specials:
Koboku (Ex) || D, DF, F + AP (2P)
Youhou (Ex) || F, D, DF + AP (2P)
Mouko Kouhazan (Ex) || D, DB, B + AP (2P)
Shura Haoh Koukazan (Ex) || D, DB, B + AK (2K)
Renkantai (Ex) || F, D, DF + AK *press AK again for a second hit* (2K)

*More detailed list available in the readme.

Special Thanks:
Ryon - Used the .sff from his Akira Yuki because I was too lazy to group/organise the sprites from scratch and inspiration.
RajaaBoy - Looked at some of his code for reference when I had trouble with some stuff.
N-Mario - Looked at some of his code for reference when I had trouble with some stuff.
Genesis - Helped me out with some problems I had at the start, made the big port and testing.
LarsAlexandersson - I used the custom sprites he made for Akira.
Alexei - Helped me out with a bunch of problems.
Zemilia - Tested and gave feedback and he made a couple of palettes.
Thentavius - Tested and gave feedback.
Daniel9999999 - Helped me out a little and for the damage dampener.
GarchompMatt - Gave me some help.
Alchemist of Atlas - Tested and gave feedback.
Darkflare - Tested and gave feedback.
KaiserHero - Tested and gave feedback.
Luisdude1 - Tested and gave feedback.
Websta - If not for him, I wouldn't be able to have my Akira look and work fine using localcoord while having a 0.33 cns scale.

Some screenshots:
Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* Ze9cP1a
Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* G6ULBWR
Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* HuDY92r
Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* XISuFBr
Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* 74l7rkD
Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* MfLgy9D

Last edited by Ghost Killer on June 28th 2016, 3:36 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added images.)
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta*   Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* EmptyJune 6th 2015, 9:44 am

Congratulations to your "Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta*" MUGEN release! Exclamation
clap clap clap 

A 6-button version!  With some unique game play you gave to him! Good config file access too! Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* 670481599

>> I accept any and all feedback and criticism.
I give MUGEN feedback only; I hate all kinds of criticism. Wink

A few things I found after a test (please see my MUGEN imgur GIFs below):

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* H1atUiS
- normal throw P2 custom state animation has a non-required sprite 5010,30 (your Akira has sprite 5010,30 but not all other MUGEN characters have that).

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* ZuKWZQ6
- Youhou, when performed in the corner and when P2 is jumping upward, it misses P2, perhaps you might want to adjust the VelSet in the Youhou state, or add a front Width when both Akira and P2 are in the corner?

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* ZbYePdL
- P2 is not able to guard/block the Dodge Strike Punch, it is because this is a MUGEN known bug when the HitDef is activated during the 1st first game tick, so you may want to do either:
1) add a 901,0, 0,0, 1 without Clsn1 and change the 2nd second 901,0, 0,0, 4 to 901,0, 0,0, 3

Code:
; Evade into Counter
[Begin Action 901]
Clsn2Default: 2
  Clsn2[0] = -77, -286, 78, -166
  Clsn2[1] = -110, -166, 113, 0
901,0, 0,0, 1
Clsn1: 1
  Clsn1[0] = -169, -286, 171, -174
901,0, 0,0, 3
2) change the trigger1 in your state 901 HitDef, from animelem = 1 to animelemtime(1) = 1:

Code:
[State 901, Hit 1]
type = HitDef
triggerall = 1
trigger1 = animelemtime(1) = 1
Just do either 1) or 2) not both..... Smile

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* 61kpQjt
- all of Akira's light and medium air normals can be guarded/block by a crouching P2, which doesn't seem quite right, right? Question

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* QpbX44l
- well, this is not a bug nor an issue, just a question:  is this by your intention that the "Special Cancelling || Passive" commands can be input and executed so quicky?  if so then please ignore this one....by the way, your "Special Cancelling || Passive" system is very cool! Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* 670481599

Also, I have some StateDef preferences, probably me only, you don't need to change at all if those are by your intention:
- you used guardflag = HA for all Mouko Kouhazan Hit HitDef's, that make it work like an overhead attack, and P2 cannot crouch guard/block it?
- perhaps add a facep2 = 1 to Dodge state 900?
- I don't know but the velocities of Renkantai looks a bit .... unnatural to me.  Without the follow-up AK, when it reaches peak height in air, it kind of goes down abruptly.  It might be due to your use of trigger !time StateTypeSet for a statetype = A but the physics is still S and I think using the Gravity and VelAdd state controllers upon statetype & physics change might be better.......
- the normal version of Youhou, the HitDef ground.velocity Y value is much greater than air.velocity Y value, while the Ex version of Youhou HitDef has closer Y values, which kind of makes it not so consistent, again, if this is by your intention then please ignore this one Smile

So, can't wait to seeing your next update! Especially the hyper moves and exceed super! cyclops

P.S. when you are updating you might also want to read this MFG topic:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/the-greatest-hits-character-feedback-99092.0.html
which lets you make some MUGEN polishing for your Akira.  I see you already added some similar polishing to your Akira how cool! Cool
I have begun to use some useful tips from that MFG topic some times ago...... study
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Ghost Killer

Ghost Killer

PostSubject: Re: Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta*   Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* EmptyJune 6th 2015, 11:27 am

borewood2013 wrote:
Congratulations to your "Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta*" MUGEN release! Exclamation
clap clap clap 

A 6-button version!  With some unique game play you gave to him! Good config file access too! Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* 670481599

>> I accept any and all feedback and criticism.
I give MUGEN feedback only; I hate all kinds of criticism. Wink

A few things I found after a test (please see my MUGEN imgur GIFs below):

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* H1atUiS
- normal throw P2 custom state animation has a non-required sprite 5010,30 (your Akira has sprite 5010,30 but not all other MUGEN characters have that).

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* ZuKWZQ6
- Youhou, when performed in the corner and when P2 is jumping upward, it misses P2, perhaps you might want to adjust the VelSet in the Youhou state, or add a front Width when both Akira and P2 are in the corner?

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* ZbYePdL
- P2 is not able to guard/block the Dodge Strike Punch, it is because this is a MUGEN known bug when the HitDef is activated during the 1st first game tick, so you may want to do either:
1) add a 901,0, 0,0, 1 without Clsn1 and change the 2nd second 901,0, 0,0, 4 to 901,0, 0,0, 3

Code:
; Evade into Counter
[Begin Action 901]
901,0, 0,0, 1
Clsn1: 1
  Clsn1[0] = -169, -286, 171, -174
901,0, 0,0, 3
2) change the trigger1 in your state 901 HitDef, from animelem = 1 to animelemtime(1) = 1:

Code:
[State 901, Hit 1]
type = HitDef
triggerall = 1
trigger1 = animelemtime(1) = 1
Just do either 1) or 2) not both..... Smile

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* 61kpQjt
- all of Akira's light and medium air normals can be guarded/block by a crouching P2, which doesn't seem quite right, right? Question

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* QpbX44l
- well, this is not a bug nor an issue, just a question:  is this by your intention that the "Special Cancelling || Passive" commands can be input and executed so quicky?  if so then please ignore this one....by the way, your "Special Cancelling || Passive" system is very cool! Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* 670481599

Also, I have some StateDef preferences, probably me only, you don't need to change at all if those are by your intention:
- you used guardflag = HA for all Mouko Kouhazan Hit HitDef's, that make it work like an overhead attack, and P2 cannot crouch guard/block it?
- perhaps add a facep2 = 1 to Dodge state 900?
- I don't know but the velocities of Renkantai looks a bit .... unnatural to me.  Without the follow-up AK, when it reaches peak height in air, it kind of goes down abruptly.  It might be due to your use of trigger !time StateTypeSet for a statetype = A but the physics is still S and I think using the Gravity and VelAdd state controllers upon statetype & physics change might be better.......
- the normal version of Youhou, the HitDef ground.velocity Y value is much greater than air.velocity Y value, while the Ex version of Youhou HitDef has closer Y values, which kind of makes it not so consistent, again, if this is by your intention then please ignore this one Smile

So, can't wait to seeing your next update! Especially the hyper moves and exceed super! cyclops

P.S. when you are updating you might also want to read this MFG topic:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/the-greatest-hits-character-feedback-99092.0.html
which lets you make some MUGEN polishing for your Akira.  I see you already added some similar polishing to your Akira how cool! Cool
I have begun to use some useful tips from that MFG topic some times ago...... study

- Fixed the throw animation bug.

- I'll get around to fixing that soon. I'll leave the VelSet as it is, I'll need to mess around with the Width instead. I've never used the Width before so that'll be interesting to implement. I made the hitbox a bit taller so that could help a little.

- Huh. I didn't know there was a bug like that. Well, the problem is fixed now.

- Man, I can't believe I forgot to make the air attacks unblockable when crouched, lol. Fixed. Also, the crouch attacks being able to be blocked while standing is intentional as they are all punches, currently. The crouch kicks I'll make available soon will be unblockale while standing.

- The speed of the special cancelling is intentional. It should be fine. Maybe I'll lower the speed at some point if need be.

- Mouko being unblockable while crouched is intentional. Considering how slow it is to start up with out Ex'ing the move, I think it's fair.

- Added facep2 to state 900.

- Messed around with it a little bit, it should be better now. If it's still kinda messed up, please let me know.

- The hit y velocities on all Youhou variants are intentional. I might mess around with them later and make them more consistant.

Thank you very much for your nicely detailed feedback, borewood! I really appreciate it. Smile

The link has been updated. Please redownload everyone: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m9sic673zb728mv/GK_Akira.rar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta*   Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta* Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom DBFC Akira Yuki *beta*
Page 1 of 1