The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Captain Falcon Release
Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic Emptyby Shining Today at 12:53 am

» Soul Calibur Edits
Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic Emptyby Shining Today at 12:52 am

» Little Mac Release Ippo Update
Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic Emptyby Nexus Gaming Yesterday at 6:09 pm

» Link Release
Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic Emptyby Nexus Gaming Yesterday at 5:59 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic

Go down 
+8
Darthpool
TheDreaded1
super_joker
gui0007
DarthPhoenix99
Werewood
Mistah Jorge
volzzilla
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
volzzilla

volzzilla

Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic Empty
PostSubject: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 7th 2014, 10:50 pm

Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic M8f1Ist

Welcome to the first ever merger of fantasy sports and Mugen. Now I know what you are asking, "What is that?"

In conjunction with with our friend gui0007, we are going to blend the concept of fantasy football, Mugen AI tournaments, and a betting function (crudely operated) like on saltybet and the like, all into one. You are probably still going, "Huh?"

For those of you who don't know, a popular sub-culture for various sports is called fantasy sports, where some people who are not connected with the sport at all other than spectating, choose teams from various players of the sport and then collect their stats in a coordinated way.

How will this work in Mugen you ask? Well, we'll have a certain number of people take turns drafting predetermined Mugen fighters for AI fights to form a team of 4. Those teams will go up against other teams in 5 AI fight formats: Two 1v1, two 2v2, and one turn-based fight with all fighters. gui0007 comes in and will be uploading the fights.

We will also figure out a betting system for others to interact with for those fights. People participating will be alotted betting points, and people can place bets on who will win these AI fights. For example, Superman by logansam is set to fight Abomination by cravd and Arkady. Someone can bet 25 of their 50 points that Superman will win. If they are correct, they'll now have 75 pts. If they are wrong, they'll go down to 25 pts. Each week, a leaderboard will be posted for who has the highest score. And a new allotment will be added to all participants as well in case someone lost all their points.

In short, it's a new way to for our community interact and have fun with other people over Mugen.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have here.

Last edited by volzzilla on August 26th 2015, 3:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 7th 2014, 11:25 pm

btw, the list of the 32 fighters (all comic) and the draft will happen in the future. for now, just opening up the forum section to stoke interest and discussion.
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 8th 2014, 3:18 am

So basically this is like the horse race betting, i bet some points on a character, and if it wins i get double, is it?
All right!!
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 8th 2014, 8:29 am

as far as the betting part goes, kinda.

anyone can wager however many points. can wager 5 pts on 1 match and if they win, go up by 5, if lose, go down by five.

the team aspect is different. 8 people will draft teams of 4, and their team will face other teams in the 5 match types mentioned above in a best 3 out of 5 wins thing.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 8th 2014, 9:04 am

I found something, not sure about the usefulness:

phpBB Fantasy Sports Hack:
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/2295

phpBB Sports betting mod:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2160566

phpBB A Totalizator (Betting with Points):
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/8849

>> the list of the 32 fighters (all comic)
Must include your awesome M.O.D.O.K!  If M.O.D.O.K A.I is not strong enough then I might try to make it stronger!  Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic Boxing-gloves-smiley-emoticon
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
DarthPhoenix99

DarthPhoenix99

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 8th 2014, 9:19 am

Dude, this sounds like an awesome idea! I have always been a fan of Saltybet (Which is what introduced me to Mugen), so this'll be fun.
Back to top Go down
gui0007

gui0007

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 8th 2014, 5:21 pm

I'm really glad to being part of this awesome MUGEN league. Very Happy

Yep, i'll made the videos of the fights. That's could be great! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGUTAA/
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 8th 2014, 9:35 pm

thank you so much gui0007 for agreeing to broadcast the fights as this wouldn't be possible for our community without you Very Happy

@ Borewood, Modok will be involved. however can't release the list of the fighters just yet. regarding those resources, do you think they'd be easier to use than just replying in the forum? yea, may be more work for me to organize, but i'm more about making things easier for the people to interact and get involved.
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 11th 2014, 11:43 pm

DarthPhoenix99 wrote:
Dude, this sounds like an awesome idea! I have always been a fan of Saltybet (Which is what introduced me to Mugen), so this'll be fun.

sorry i didn't reply to this sooner...

glad you are excited. now if can only get 7 more like you who will run teams.

can't give up the full list of 32 yet, but new moon knight will be in it Smile

==

question, would anybody have a problem if it was not 16 marvel chars and 16 dc chars?

as you know, not as many dc chars and its harder to find them with an AI level that are similar
Back to top Go down
super_joker

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 12th 2014, 2:43 am

this is a great idea man, but this means we will need a custom game with accurate A.I.?
Will we do a Poll to select the chars? is it only MMV chars or ever in mugen history like the classics?
Back to top Go down
gui0007

gui0007

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 12th 2014, 6:45 am

volzzilla wrote:

question, would anybody have a problem if it was not 16 marvel chars and 16 dc chars?

as you know, not as many dc chars and its harder to find them with an AI level that are similar

For me, it's fine. Smile

super_joker wrote:

this is a great idea man, but this means we will need a custom game with accurate A.I.?
Will we do a Poll to select the chars? is it only MMV chars or ever in mugen history like the classics?

May we do a poll for select the chars and will be not only MMV chars, but any Marvel or DC chars. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGUTAA/
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 12th 2014, 11:27 am

super_joker wrote:

actually, i already did a ton of research for characters with their AI on a similar scale. so that means no poll.

maybe in future editions of this, we can figure out a polling option if someone else would help look for chars with similar AI.

the list is pretty much any comic chars with similar AI levels. there is a little bit of focus on MMV chars from the marvel side, since more flexibility in options.

speaking of options, anyone have a problem if not 16 marvel and 16 dc? i ask because fewer options on the DC level.

===

anyway, how it will work is at some point in the future, we'll have sign-ups. there will be 8 people that can sign up to start a team. they will draft for 4 rounds of the 32 characters.

then the betting option of this will have anyone (except me or gui0007 due to our organizing things) who are able to place bets on the fights.
Back to top Go down
TheDreaded1

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 17th 2014, 9:04 pm

I have like 119 DC Characters (I've been scouring the internet, setting up this compilation for a couple years) I could more than likely find 16 DC chars, with challenging AI, from my own collection or maybe edit the damage of some to make them balanced. I will balance all my chars eventually, but first I have to find the best versions of the one's I have currently..
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyNovember 18th 2014, 11:28 pm

well, the list is complete, just can't go public with it is all.

it is not about tough AI. it is about trying to find 32 characters whose AI's are all on a comparable level.

signups for the 8 people who will draft their teams will begin soon.
Back to top Go down
Darthpool

Darthpool

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic EmptyJanuary 6th 2015, 12:29 am

So is there a specific time the videos for the fights are posted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic   Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Mugen Fantasy League General Discussion Topic
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next