The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» LEGACY OF KAIN MUGEN
No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com Emptyby DARK!! Today at 10:15 am

» Cyborg Superman by yolomate for Easter Egg event 2024
No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com Emptyby brucewayne74 Today at 9:47 am

» MMV Easter Egg Event 2023 - Happy Easter Everyone!!
No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com Emptyby brucewayne74 Today at 9:39 am

» Dillon (Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers)
No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com Emptyby BlastoiseTheMugenCreator Today at 6:10 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adminbot

Adminbot

No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com Empty
PostSubject: No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com   No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com EmptyOctober 18th 2013, 5:39 pm

Merged 2 topics and adding some clarifications.

No one on this website receives any ad revenue of any kind. Ads you may see or adfly references are all coded into forumotion.com templates. They do this to offset their costs on hosting forums for free. This is discussed because adfly was recently added to various filesharing links via our server hosts as part of their wanting to off-set free webhosting.

It is highly recommended that you use an adblocker and/or some sort of adfly referral remover (harder to find) as add-on's with your preferred browser.

=====

Original post 10/18/2013

Recently viewed the website from a different computer and noticed that the free forum software we run on adds a lot of advertisements.

I didn't know that before due to had an ad-blocker add on with my web browser.

Therefore, for better viewing of the website, suggest you might want to try doing the same, finding an ad blocking add on to work with your browser.

Last edited by Adminbot on March 31st 2019, 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Merged/edited)
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com
Ganbare-Lucifer

Ganbare-Lucifer

No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com Empty
PostSubject: Re: No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com   No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com EmptyOctober 18th 2013, 7:40 pm

I recommend AdBlock Plus for Firefox Users...

that's all.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
Erroratu

Erroratu

PostSubject: Re: No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com   No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com EmptyOctober 19th 2013, 3:01 am

Im using ad block on chrome and it works like a charm too
Back to top Go down
Adminbot

Adminbot

PostSubject: MMV's adfly usage   No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com EmptyDecember 28th 2013, 12:59 pm

Just to make you all aware, we have zero control of that and it is not something we as a forum are implementing.

If you are not aware, we run on a free forum format. One of the things hardcoded in by the people that own the server we run on is adding adfly to certain download links. I guess that is how they try to offset the cost of providing free server usage.

A couple instances, we've tried to bypass the adfly by coding the links, but got zero feedback in that regard. An example of what I mean by that can be found here: https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/t2245-tony-stark-s-showroom-released-updated-12-11

You are welcome to give feedback on coding of links here if you'd like.

The main purpose of this topic is to inform you why adfly is added automatically by the people who own the server and providing free webspace.

Last edited by Adminbot on May 5th 2022, 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com   No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com EmptyDecember 28th 2013, 1:12 pm

Adminbot wrote:
Just to make you all aware, we have zero control of that and it is not something we as a forum are implementing.

If you are not aware, we run on a free forum format. One of the things hardcoded in by the people that own the server we run on is adding adfly to certain download links. I guess that is how they try to offset the cost of providing free server usage.

A couple instances, we've tried to bypass the adfly by coding the links, but got zero feedback in that regard. An example of what I mean by that can be found here: https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/t2245-tony-stark-s-showroom-released-updated-12-11

You are welcome to give feedback on coding of links here if you'd like.

The main purpose of this topic is to inform you why adfly is added automatically by the people who own the server and providing free webspace.

Yes, I'll put sendspace for my works and I don't have control of this, but I have Ad-Block tool in Firefox so I think is a good idea for other people who dislike tis publicity
Back to top Go down
JEDDragon

JEDDragon

PostSubject: Re: No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com   No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com EmptyDecember 28th 2013, 5:55 pm

well it works it bypasses the page need to  try it again though to be sure

EDIT: kk just did it again by the way. all you do is right-click "open link" and it seems to go directly to the mediafire page?
Back to top Go down
http://jedex.webs.com/
Adminbot

Adminbot

PostSubject: Re: No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com   No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com EmptyJanuary 24th 2016, 9:47 am

Merged 2 topics and adding some clarifications.

No one on this website receives any ad revenue of any kind. Ads you may see or adfly references are all coded into forumotion.com templates. They do this to offset their costs on hosting forums for free.

It is highly recommended that you use an adblocker and/or some sort of adfly referral remover (harder to find) as add-on's with your preferred browser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com   No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com Empty

Back to top Go down

No one receives Ad revenue of any kind from MMV except server host, Forumotion.com
Page 1 of 1