The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 9:12 pm

» SPRITE REQUEST
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 2:56 pm

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! Emptyby animaraz Yesterday at 2:55 pm

» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! Emptyby BigPimp Yesterday at 1:11 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!

Go down 
+11
DukeNukem 2417
galactus
NinjaRyu
Fightfan
wingnut
Ryon
Mistah Jorge
Ax
Red Hood
volzzilla
Varia the Hunter
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! Empty
PostSubject: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 12th 2013, 9:53 am

Aaaand, here we go! A VERY special thanks to BaganSmashBros for the AI patch, I couldn't have finished this without him. The bug where she could move before the round begins has been solved, thanks to borewood2013. So here is the absolute FINAL patched version. Enjoy! See below for changes.

UPDATED 8/6/2014

DOWNLOAD PATCH 3.2 HERE!
https://www.sendspace.com/file/z4zej6

NEW
-Now has two guard push options! Pressing y+z when getting hit while guarding will initiate a Plasma Beam shot to ward off or knock down the enemy. Pressing x+y while guarding when the enemy is close will trigger a one handed grab where Samus will lift the opponent into the air, and then toss them across the stage.
-Range on standard grab has been increased a bit, so grabbing should be a little easier.
-Numerous attack property tweaks! Crouching Cannon Exploder now launches straight up, so you can follow up with attacks like Shinespark and Screw Attack. If you want to see combos like this in action, the AI can show them off for you. Wink
-Fixed the length of Samus' "jump start" frame, so she jumps immediately now. Previously, it took her half a second, making her jump rather sluggish.
-Jump height is slightly higher now.
-Run speed is faster.
-In addition to hitflag/guardflag and damage tweaks, attacks such as the Grapple Beam trip are a bit faster, and more reliable. So pretty much all of her attacks can be pretty useful in their own way now.

Enjoy the changes!

Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! Mugen_samus__idle_animation_3_by_varia31-d7jfmj4

NOTE: Alternate Idle stances or intros are activated by using an alternate palette.

Last edited by Varia the Hunter on August 13th 2014, 6:25 am; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 12th 2013, 11:15 am

awesome Exclamation i've been waiting for her so long. ever since i first watch varia's first video on youtube and then invited him here.

thanx so much. will give feedback later Smile
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Red Hood

Red Hood

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 12th 2013, 1:14 pm

i think you should change your hitsparks with modern ones because they clash with the 3d of your char. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 12th 2013, 1:16 pm

I'll consider it. Razz Right now I need a break though. lol
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 12th 2013, 2:19 pm

samus Great character, everything is done right, the intro is the best, very simple and synonymous with Nintendo. Its incredible that you built all of this. It looks and feels correct in every way. Awesome release! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 12th 2013, 3:23 pm

Thank you, Ax! Glad you like it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 12th 2013, 4:59 pm

Well i do like her great job buddy for a first character you have done very very well

Last edited by jorge.timtim on December 2nd 2013, 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: temp   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 12th 2013, 5:27 pm

good job so far i alredy like her
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 12th 2013, 5:50 pm

Good to hear. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ryon

Ryon

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 12th 2013, 8:03 pm

FEEDBACK TIIMMMEEE!!!!

1. Why is her Life = 2500, wtf is up with that? standard is 1000.

2. Your Basic Punch, Basic Kick, and Spining Back Kick all have a Y gravity in ground. but they do not fall.
    You should either remove the Y value from ground.velocity, OR add fall = 1, but I think fall is overkill for a basic punch.

3. Maybe you can add transparency to your explosion effects? Its my personal preference, but if you leave it that's fine.

4. Morphball Explosion, should definitely be transparent.

5. Jump C , looks ridiculous for a jumping heavy kick.

6. Jump Z, the.. Dodge or whatever it is, the move where you flash yellow, because the move has the sprites axis-ed at the center it looks really bad considering Samus is jumping and her body is UP there and then her sprites go down there. Why not use the same as her jumping forward or backward spining?

I didnt relize this until afterwards but.

Why did you code her for 1.1 scale? why not code for 1 scale?
also, I noticed you have her centered in her SFF, not many people can do that and get away with it. good job!
Back to top Go down
http://mugenfreeforall.com/
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 12th 2013, 8:33 pm

1. I gave her extra life because in tests I felt she was too vulnerable to other characters, with some of them having a lot more than her. It was to give her a better chance, really. I could adjust it later though.

2. I'll see about fixing that later.

3. I'll probably leave them.

4. I thought it looked fine, but I'll see about changing it.

5. Well, it was inspired by one of Batman's aerial attacks from Injustice Gods Among Us.

6. That isn't a dodge, it's her Screw Attack. It seemed alright I thought...

I coded her with a higher scale because she's supposed to be big (6ft 3" + armor), and I thought she seemed too small. I had already done so many of her sprites that I didn't think it necessary to resize all of them, so I just rescaled her.

Is she okay overall?
Back to top Go down
wingnut

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 12th 2013, 10:21 pm

Great work!!
Back to top Go down
Fightfan

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 13th 2013, 6:51 am

Good job, though a little weird for me to have specials mapped to 1 button and the 2 button commands for the hypers?
Back to top Go down
Ryon

Ryon

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 13th 2013, 4:06 pm

Shes pretty good.

I would like the see the minor things i mentioned fixed.

and Personally I LOVE my characters pixel perfect. not scaled, its just bad.
Back to top Go down
http://mugenfreeforall.com/
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! EmptyNovember 13th 2013, 4:12 pm

I'll see what I can do about them later. I can't promise it'll all be fixed, as I'm not as experienced at coding as others are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!   Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED! Empty

Back to top Go down

Samus Aran Patch 3.2 by Varia31 - RELEASED!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next