The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Gartanham Multiverse Nerds mugem Videos showcase!!!
Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base Emptyby gartanham Today at 7:00 pm

» SEGA vs. Capcom Fighting Mega Stars Genesis (Full Game)
Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 12:56 am

» Classic VS : Athena
Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base Emptyby Baelorn Yesterday at 5:18 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base

Go down 
+7
metamutant
candido159
yolomate
crosspotts1.0
Doom
animaraz
Raijjin
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Raijjin

Raijjin

Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMarch 26th 2023, 11:45 am

Hi there !

I'm here with a doubt: I had tried a sprite for Cassandra Cain's a few times ago. I liked the result, but didn't liked the time spent on doing just one sprite (even in the preparatory phase), so I kinda forgot about it.
I had a new idea for a base yesterday, and tried something with it. I kinda like the result too, even if it have a different vibe. And the time spend seems shorter (I can't tell for sure).

So I wanted a few opinions on this
Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base Ex10

Just be warned that they do retain their smart palettes here, so don't judge by that.
Which one do you prefer ?

animaraz and candido159 like this post

Back to top Go down
animaraz

animaraz

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMarch 26th 2023, 11:50 am

The first
La primera.

Raijjin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMarch 26th 2023, 1:14 pm

Number one!! Razz

Raijjin likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMarch 26th 2023, 4:15 pm

First

Raijjin likes this post

Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMarch 26th 2023, 5:24 pm

the first no doubt!

Raijjin likes this post

Back to top Go down
candido159

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMarch 26th 2023, 8:02 pm

1st one for me too. Although I'm assuming that's the one that you've spent a lot of time just for 1 sprite?

metamutant likes this post

Back to top Go down
metamutant

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMarch 26th 2023, 11:32 pm

Yeah I'm with candido. If it's something too difficult that you would probably stop and not finish, I'll say go for the easier option that you are likely to complete.

candido159 and Raijjin like this post

Back to top Go down
candido159

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMarch 27th 2023, 12:22 am

metamutant wrote:
Yeah I'm with candido. If it's something too difficult that you would probably stop and not finish, I'll say go for the easier option that you are likely to complete.
Oh no I'm not saying he should stop it, I'm just assuming and am hoping for confirmation.

It this case it will be upon you @Raijjin to choose quantity or quality.

Eitherways the 2nd one doesn't look too bad, the difference is just both are having different clothing, one is tight suit while other is soldier type loose suit.
So both definitely are quality.

And I'm interested to see whichever route you'll choose yes

Who are the bases anyway?
Back to top Go down
Raijjin

Raijjin

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMarch 27th 2023, 6:05 am

Thank you all for voting!
It's reassuring you all chose the first sprite, as it's the new version and the easiest one to make !
My original idea, the one on the right, was made from Jill Valentine, and while the pants look closer to the one she wore as Orphan, it was annoying to make the boots to fit that style. Plus the color separation was annoying if I recall correctly.

The new idea, on the left, is based on a character from Dungeon Fighters Online. I always wanted to use those as a base, but I was a bit afraid of the format. But Cassandra is a teen, so smaller or thinner works. For the pants it's not close to Orphan, but with a good palette and tweaks, it could be used to turn her into Batgirl. Too bad Mugen doesn't allow multiple transparent colors, as I would have added bat ears that could disappear Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base 1f605

Thank you all for your opinion !
Back to top Go down
MatreroG

MatreroG

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMarch 27th 2023, 6:21 am

@candido159 mention the strong and weak points of each one. Plus the first one has a more refined and feminine aesthetic and the second one (Jill base) has more androgynous forms.

Personally I like how the first wip looks.

Maybe you can consider her as a striker/helper instead of a full sprite sheet. By limiting the number of sprites as the first end goal, you might realize if it's worth it for you to continue working on Cassandra until you finally complete the char.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqWXFLyId41h6itJE2IwhlQ
Raijjin

Raijjin

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMarch 27th 2023, 6:49 am

MatreroG wrote:
@candido159 mention the strong and weak points of each one. Plus the first one has a more refined and feminine aesthetic and the second one (Jill base) has more androgynous forms.

Personally I like how the first wip looks.

Maybe you can consider her as a striker/helper instead of a full sprite sheet. By limiting the number of sprites as the first end goal, you might realize if it's worth it for you to continue working on Cassandra until you finally complete the char.

Yeah, for now it's just a test, to see which one is more worthy to spend time on. I have already too much work on my plate for starting a new character now Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base 1f605
Back to top Go down
RO-X

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMay 5th 2023, 4:10 am

I am new here, so my opinion might be insignificant, but contrary to others, I choose the second. Not necessarily because it is the best out of the two but the first is too feminine. Cassandra Cain is nowhere seen as feminine figure.
Sorry if my english is not good enough, it is not my first nor second language.

volzzilla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Raijjin

Raijjin

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMay 5th 2023, 4:27 am

RO-X wrote:
I am new here, so my opinion might be insignificant, but contrary to others, I choose the second. Not necessarily because it is the best out of the two but the first is too feminine. Cassandra Cain is nowhere seen as feminine figure.

Your opinion totally matters, and I totally agree with your point, which is why I doubted in the first place.
If I ever work on this for real (I have already quite a lot on my plate), I'll still use the 1st version, but I'll find a way to fuse her Orphan style (which is more armored) and her Batgirl style (bodysuit, so curvier).
Still, thanks for the opinion.

Btw, don't worry about your english, most people here a non-native speakers (me included), and your english is quite flawless Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base 670481599
And welcome Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base 1f600
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMay 5th 2023, 4:00 pm

RO-X wrote:

welcome to the forum, we hope to see/hear alot more from you in the future ilu

regarding the poll, i pick whichever raijjin likes the most lol!
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base EmptyMay 5th 2023, 7:47 pm

What's her reference pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base   Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Cassandra Cain's sprite base
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next