The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Today at 2:34 am

» King Shark Base Idea
X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 Emptyby skhsato123 Today at 1:32 am

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 9:12 pm

» SPRITE REQUEST
X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 2:56 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

X-men mugen (compilation)

Go down 
+11
Red Pill Always
metamutant
OGSymbiote
crosspotts1.0
volzzilla
animaraz
wil.li.an
chancethegamer
Shining
SUPERFERNANDOXT
BigPimp
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BigPimp

X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyJuly 30th 2022, 7:30 am

small update you guys

-replaced Archangel portrait with wil.li.an version (also tested it with Onslaught but it just gets covered by character sprite almost fully, so left the old one)
-Prof X AI made to use specials/hypers more often (Twinimage coded them in AI, but chance was very low)
-Magneto AI made to use his specials/hypers more often also, just to be tougher
-music fix for story intro/ending, and those cutscenes now play for all characters

download in link in the first post updated

properly, AI should be reworked more completely, as Volzzilla mentioned, will try to maybe do it this weekend, or at least improve something

Last edited by BigPimp on August 6th 2022, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

jspiderman171717 likes this post

Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyJuly 30th 2022, 9:21 pm

you are doing some great stuff bigpimp Very Happy

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
metamutant

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyJuly 30th 2022, 9:54 pm

Nice balancing and bug fixing. Are Lady Deathstrike and Mr. Sinister 1.0 versions now? Thanks for the share.

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyJuly 31st 2022, 6:53 am

metamutant wrote:
Nice balancing and bug fixing. Are Lady Deathstrike and Mr. Sinister 1.0 versions now? Thanks for the share.

i would say deathstrike is pretty close, just needs a throw
sinister is def not yet, still needs 3rd attack hyper, at least 1 more intro and winpose, taunt and a throw
imo i dont think chars should be 1.0 if they dont have those necessary checkboxes

i will upload them separately when they are good enough to be 1.0 guys

ps. AI change for the game also proves to be kinda tricky, but for the reason that many chars just have better hand-tailored AI already, which i dont want to replace... but then is there even a point to replace it for anyone at all, if it will not be consistent either way... thats honestly whats stopping me right now. really a conundrum here

gartanham likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyJuly 31st 2022, 6:55 am

Really thanks for new update clap

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Red Pill Always

Red Pill Always

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 3rd 2022, 8:01 am

How cool!

Not since IMT's Project-X and its two installments has there been an interesting X-Men game/compilation. I can only mention Logansam's "Weapon-X" or Dev's "X-Men DOFP" as other great similar wip games,

In addition to unifying and leveling the chars (a huge job in itself), hopefully it is within your possibilities to apply a "Story Mode" and some new mutant appearances.

The upcoming series of X-Men '97 is going to add a lot of attention to this project.

I love the X-Men so I'll be waiting for the news. Best of luck.

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 3rd 2022, 3:16 pm

BigPimp wrote:

ps. AI change for the game also proves to be kinda tricky, but for the reason that many chars just have better hand-tailored AI already, which i dont want to replace... but then is there even a point to replace it for anyone at all, if it will not be consistent either way... thats honestly whats stopping me right now. really a conundrum here

might as well replace. balance is more important than nostalgia (for lack of a better term) for someone's old ai.
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 3rd 2022, 4:39 pm

volzzilla wrote:

might as well replace. balance is more important than nostalgia (for lack of a better term) for someone's old ai.

well, its not just nostalgia really. it can be a matter of replacing better character-specific AI with the more generic one, which i would say would be a downgrade

i dont think it is unbalanced though? i mean ive tried to balance it to be not equal, but more canon-wise, so lets say jubilee has almost no chance of beating juggernaut, but can beat sentinel; and wolverine almost equal to, except just slightly better than sabretooth and so on

but it is for sure not consistent code-wise across the roster, meaning that many characters have completely different AI code

and if you guys think some chars need an AI buff and some need an AI downgrade, it is possible to do without replacing AI
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 4th 2022, 9:04 am

maybe my use of nostalgia wasnt the best choice of words before.
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 8th 2022, 1:03 pm

another small patch guys 08/08/2022

-still thought magneto was too weak for a boss so i restored his OP magnetic shield hyper; also incresed his hp to 1000 (was set to 950 by original author), and attack to 120 from 100
-jubilee has her wrong cape position in lie down pose fixed
-psylocke has some of her classic capcom animations like taunt restored instead of custom ones
-juggernaut has his attack increased to 150 to be more sub-boss like
-some AI fixes, like apocalypse not spams just 1 special all the time
-select screen now switches between boss stage backgrounds (magneto-juggernaut-sinister-bastion-apocalypse-onslaught) instead of showing boring moving map
-pushblock removed from a few chars that i missed
-colossus sounds in some basic attacks fixed (thx to Bruno Roncon Futebol Clássico from youtube for pointing it out)
-maybe some other small fixes

link in the first post updated

candido159 likes this post

Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2022, 8:55 am

thank you @BigPimp for your work on this Very Happy

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
candido159

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2022, 12:33 pm

Damn, nostalgia of Xmen vs Streetfighter and Xmen TAS all in.\

If you were a Batman fan then you'd probably make one like this or Spidey Game because you're really giving us fans what we want don't you X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 311127478 I love it! Really we thank you for giving us this for mugen  ilu

BigPimp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Somm

Somm

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2022, 7:56 pm

Don't know why but I'm facing crashes when I try to run the Arcade, I play around 5/6 matches and just before the versus screen (after defeat an oponent) the window just close without any warning... maybe some char or stage?  scratch
;-------------------

Anyway, nice job BigPimp, very pleasant build to play.  X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 670481599X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 670481599X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 670481599X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 670481599X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 670481599X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 670481599X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 670481599
Back to top Go down
crosspotts1.0

crosspotts1.0

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2022, 10:10 pm

It could be you computer ram just can't handle it
The only problem I have ever had was toad crashing my game
Back to top Go down
BigPimp

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2022, 11:25 pm

well guys, tbh i actually encountered 1 or 2 crashes myself
they are pretty rare, but it doesnt seem to be any particular stage or character, since all of them are tested and working, as well as all moves
and changes i made to code are very very minor anyway, +all chars used are by the original authors, no edits

it just seems in general that the bigger the mugen size is the more often it crashes? i dont remember any crashes on spider-man mugen (20 chars), some rare ones one x-men mugen (40 chars), even way before, when i just had clean chars, no changes, same rare crashes; and not so rare ones on my MSH mugen (70 chars), and on the last one again, no changes at all were made to any chars, except portraits and palettes

it may be tied to a ram, but i also went from my old laptop with 4 to a new with 16gb long time ago already and the crashes frequency seem to stay exactly the same

maybe it is linked to the drive where mugen is stored. i had 0 crashes when stored mugen on SSD for a short period (not long enough to be sure)

ps. funny enough though ive been running mugens on android via exagear for a while now, and it NEVER crashes there, even the abovementioned MSH one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X-men mugen (compilation)   X-men mugen (compilation) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

X-men mugen (compilation)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next