The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» JUSMUGEN Video Update for September 2024
Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 Emptyby OldGamer Yesterday at 7:05 am

» My Goodbye to Mugen & Ikemen creation
Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 2:47 am

» Classic VS : Balrog
Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 2:26 am

» Akira Yuki Release
Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 Emptyby Monkarifan123 September 17th 2024, 5:27 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday

Go down 
+25
prospectone
OGSymbiote
SUPERFERNANDOXT
MatreroG
superxash
iltizioqualunque
brucewayne74
thatguy
MERK_U
technine666
RenatoNat.J
metamutant
alnyrd
candido159
volzzilla
ShadowY518
BigPimp
Shining
dev
warecus
gartanham
chancethegamer
animaraz
bam77
MDS_GEIST
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
chancethegamer

Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJune 30th 2022, 10:06 am

For those that think this Superman is overpowered, I guess some moves could have a damage dampener to fix that. This character reminds me of the Z2 Dragon ball characters. They also have similar cinematic hypers reimagining the cartoon and manga but I guess one would probably consider them more balanced. Me personally, I wouldn’t request for anything to be removed. There can probably be 2 versions though. One as is that could be a boss character and one where the moves in question’s damage is a little less

MDS_GEIST likes this post

Back to top Go down
RenatoNat.J

RenatoNat.J

Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJune 30th 2022, 11:29 am

Phenomenal, simply fantastic work. How does the Hyper attack command him to go to the sun and come back in his charged form?
Back to top Go down
MDS_GEIST

MDS_GEIST

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJune 30th 2022, 2:59 pm

alnyrd wrote:
MDS_GEIST wrote:
author = "EDITED by MDS_GEIST and Tumate CREATED by Hannibal/Kal-Elvis and Friends"

Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 Metrop10

By far, he is the most extensive and cinematic Superman there is in Mugen. I love how he truly embodies his counterparts from comics and other media. Also, I really love the stage.

However, I have to agree with @candido159 in some parts and instead stick to Kenshiro99's edit for my roster. (I'm editing electr0's Ultimate Superman to have an adult version of Jon Kent's Superman lol)
candido159 wrote:
And yeah thanks, I will still have to choose which superman to have in my screenpack now Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 311127478 for this and @Electro's Superman seems to be very good looking with good hypers and specials Very Happy

While I love this Superman because he is cinematic and pleasant to watch, he is not so balanced and fitting for Mugen. Please don't take my words as rude. What I mean is that this Superman needs to be pitted against opponents as extensive as he is, but we all are aware that well-made (some are even still "poorly-made") characters (I refer to comic characters whom most of us here may usually play) out there barely fit with this Superman in terms of gameplay.
I'd love to, however, have a depowered version of this Superman that includes some fascinating special and super moves and leaves out overpowered features and abundant moves. (I may have to figure out how to do this by myself, though, since it will be rude of me to ask others to do it. And If I ever come to figure out how to balance him, he will absolutely be on my roster).

Anyhow, thanks for this superb Superman!

Hey Alnryd glad you like my edit of the character there's no reason to feel rude just your opinion it's MUGEN shouldn't be a big deal lol!  you can edit whatever version you'd like, I kind of wanted to make him a boss like character because people always pit other versions of Superman against boss MUGEN characters and I put a lot of moves there so maybe people could get ideas from Superman and put it in there comic book characters  since he is the original superhero and all science-based powers come from him Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 670481599 I also put a lot in there to stop people from making 7 different versions of superman also the reason for so many palettes  Very Happy  This is him verse a more balanced shoto character didn't end too bad.....for ken  Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 311127478  .....AI VS AI Hard 8

RenatoNat.J wrote:
Phenomenal, simply fantastic work. How does the Hyper attack command him to go to the sun and come back in his charged form?

@RenatoNat.J Your life has to be at 25% (250) and at full power there a move list in the file its the last one Wink

chancethegamer likes this post

Back to top Go down
chancethegamer

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJune 30th 2022, 3:11 pm

I think on that flying charging move like at 0:43 of that video, Superman can be like an inch closer to p2. I noticed that in the original video as well. I’m not a coder so maybe it’s like that due to hit boxes or something?

Last edited by chancethegamer on June 30th 2022, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shining

Shining

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJune 30th 2022, 3:19 pm

Hey guys... Is it possible to have a version without max PowerBar at start of the 1st round?
And is it possible to remove recover heal during first part of the round?

Please share me in private mail or explain me what should I do
Back to top Go down
technine666

technine666

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJune 30th 2022, 4:09 pm

Anyway to get these linked without adfly? I cannot get past the adds.
Back to top Go down
alnyrd

alnyrd

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJune 30th 2022, 4:45 pm

technine666 wrote:
Anyway to get these linked without adfly? I cannot get past the adds.

Here you go, man. This is for the char:
Code:
www.mediafire.com/file/5ffun95l5m3gmxm/Superman_MDS22.zip/file

Here's for the stage:
Code:
www.mediafire.com/file/7zzqq3tkpegvv2k/METROPOLIS_1.0-1.1.zip/file
Back to top Go down
MDS_GEIST

MDS_GEIST

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJuly 1st 2022, 10:32 am

bam77 wrote:
It's a show affraid
This is going to be the real show can't wait cheers scared  affraid
Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 S_vs_d12

metamutant, alnyrd and MERK_U like this post

Back to top Go down
MERK_U

MERK_U

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJuly 1st 2022, 8:12 pm

(Sorry for the late review, been M.I.A)

This SuperMan edit is just, shocking & astonishing. affraid Twisted Evil

I truly believe this is one of the best edit's done to him. Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 2800933067

The sheer size of the download, the amount of palette's included, the cinematics for the hyper's...

This is next level stuff, & really goes to show how good Mugen Character Hyper's can really be with them.

Thank you so much for this release!  ilu  

As his current state, with his health regeneration, I see him as a "God-Like" tier.

My feedback would be:

Would be really cool if someone can include a link/version (if they have permission to do so) without the health regeneration.

Please & Thank you  yes

As for the Stage, the size of it is truly amazing & a spectacle.

@MatreroG Great work, I noticed a bug in the stage, & I will send you a DM about it.

gartanham likes this post

Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2022, 6:32 am

@alnyrd I'm looking forward to that jon kent edit you speak of....different moveset too?
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
MDS_GEIST

MDS_GEIST

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2022, 10:02 am

ME72K_U wrote:
(Sorry for the late review, been M.I.A)

This SuperMan edit is just, shocking & astonishing. affraid Twisted Evil

I truly believe this is one of the best edit's done to him. Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 2800933067

The sheer size of the download, the amount of palette's included, the cinematics for the hyper's...

This is next level stuff, & really goes to show how good Mugen Character Hyper's can really be with them.

Thank you so much for this release!  ilu  

As his current state, with his health regeneration, I see him as a "God-Like" tier.

My feedback would be:

Would be really cool if someone can include a link/version (if they have permission to do so) without the health regeneration.

Please & Thank you  yes

As for the Stage, the size of it is truly amazing & a spectacle.

@MatreroG Great work, I noticed a bug in the stage, & I will send you a DM about it.

If I have time maybe by next weekend I'll do a little small update and make a version that has no health regen and power since a lot people ask for it

gartanham and MERK_U like this post

Back to top Go down
chancethegamer

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2022, 12:40 pm

You’re not taking any hyper away right? Lol

Back to top Go down
MDS_GEIST

MDS_GEIST

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2022, 5:19 pm

chancethegamer wrote:
No I don’t think so does anyone want me to? scratch
Back to top Go down
thatguy

thatguy

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2022, 8:38 pm

MDS_GEIST wrote:
chancethegamer wrote:

Congratulations on his release good job.

Personally for me he is good as is, just needs polishing (see feedback below).

His AI is a challenge, but not impossible:
I like decent AIs though as I build my characters now against Thor, Wonder Woman and my characters go 50/50 wins/losses against them
-whenever someone releases something and everyone says it is too OP I test against mine and they are normally just cheap but don't stand a chance against Wonder Woman or Thor

This Superman is not cheap (at least that I saw), and keeps with my standard AI testing in a 50/50 win/loss with Hydroman, Thor, Wonder Woman, Cassandra Cain.

Playing against him (and I don't play very much as you can tell by who I chose to fight with) I dust off MB-02 as I can combo like a madman with him and really Superman is a challenge, but that is it.

The life regen, and power... well these are powers he has, and even with both in in just keeps up with a 50/50 ratio of wins vs losses with my decent AI characters.

As for feedback:

I have given a quick tutorial on how to modify certain things for this version of Superman and a couple things posted from this thread here (I saw all the comments in the thread so tried to move all the talk about what this wasn't away from this epic release):
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/t15751-how-to-create-a-custom-version-of-a-character

I would  suggest (actually suggest this to everyone creating characters) to go through Phantom of the Server's (POTS') "greatest hits of character feedback" as he goes through a quick list of things that most creators miss during creation.
All these points he makes just gives characters that final polish (example Hydroman remix version vs Hydroman Remix 1.0 as that was when I used POTS feedback).

I think most, if not all of the feedback provided within this thread so far will be addressed if you went through greatest hits of character feedback link

https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/the-greatest-hits-character-feedback-99092.0.html

One example of "things you just don't think of" that POTS gives in the feedback and how to fix:

POTS wrote:
Flagging the recovery frames of an attack

In fighting games every attack is divided into startup, active and recovery frames.  Startup frames are the time it takes for a move to be able to hit (Ryu's jab animation before his arm is fully extended), the active frames where it can actually hit the opponent (arm extended) and recovery frames where the character is harmless and vulnerable (retracting the arm).

Startup and active frames automatically behave properly in Mugen, but the recovery frames you'll have to manually specify them for each attack, and all it takes is setting a state to movetype=I when the attack becomes harmless.  Why do that?  Because if you don't, the opponent will guard your moves longer than he should which makes them harder and more confusing to counter; also so that counter hit systems work properly and your character doesn't receive counter hit damage while for instance falling from a Shoryuken.

Example, Ryu's standing jab enters recovery phase (can no longer hit) from the third frame, so:

[State 200, Idle]
type= statetypeset
trigger1= animelemtime(3)>=0
movetype= I

PS you will never please everyone

Back to top Go down
chancethegamer

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2022, 9:10 pm

MDS_GEIST wrote:
chancethegamer wrote:

For some reason I thought the health regain talk was the Sun hyper that’s why I was worried a hyper would be taken away. My bad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday   Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Superman MDS_GEIST Edit & MatreroG Metropolis Stage Release for MMV (Belated)Birthday
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next