The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? Emptyby dev Today at 4:47 pm

» Crossover Battles in MUGEN
WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? Emptyby dauragoncmikado Today at 9:20 am

» Gartanham Multiverse Nerds mugem Videos showcase!!!
WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? Emptyby Shining Today at 2:34 am

» SEGA vs. Capcom Fighting Mega Stars Genesis (Full Game)
WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? Emptyby Nexus Gaming Yesterday at 12:56 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mazemerald

WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? Empty
PostSubject: WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW?   WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? EmptyDecember 5th 2017, 7:02 pm

Some people really hate the mugen engine and criticizing so much all the engine and the games created on it,maybe you never had asked about why people from whole world have this aversion to this fighting platform.

well first of all you need to analyze somethings about everything and knowing because it happens.

1 - a fighting game being old or new has an aesthetic beauty and very much organization with a standard of layout.
all the portraits and selection screen has a harmony into the design.

2 - there aren't mixed styles or unbalanced characters,everything is compatible with the main theme.

3 - the old mugen engine did cause crashes and closing the game abruptly and with bugs.

4 - into the mugen engine some mixed characters had an unbalanced techniques and high level of difficulty with theirs Artificial intelligence becoming the game a boring experience.

5 - the missing of an animated selection screen and a winner screen really made things a little bit poor.

6 - a huge amount of characters into the mugen let the player confused to choose the most popular fighter to make a story mode.

7 - the trash looking of mugen engine in many games let the fighting fans very disappointed and with pish.

what my mugen needs to have to be a good game?

RECIPE = BEAUTY / ORGANIZATION /  STANDARD / A SUITABLE AMOUNT OF CHARS / AND THE MAIN = SIMPLICITY.....

pay attention to the games below, all they has a aesthetic beauty and a pleasant looking to play with original sound track and own stages and lifebar.

example:

WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? 166662-street-fighter-alpha-2-playstation-screenshot-character-selectionWHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? Marvel_vs_capcom_ryu-article_image1WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? 167481-street-fighter-alpha-3-playstation-screenshot-character-selectionsWHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? Svc-chaos-fullselect

Last edited by Capcomnator on December 6th 2017, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Midnight-Son

PostSubject: Re: WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW?   WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? EmptyDecember 5th 2017, 10:52 pm

Good post id nominate it for a sticky if it didnt bump out important notifications
anyway my pet peeve would probably be the unrealistically brutal AI thats difficult recode without putting alot of work into it, for causal gamers its also hard to keep them all on one difficulty it all depends on the charecter id say wucash's ghost rider would be an example of good balanced AI for a medium difficulty other characters just dont play humanly if that's a word
good post over all
Back to top Go down
2dover3d

PostSubject: Re: WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW?   WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? EmptyDecember 11th 2017, 10:06 am

Back in year 2004, most of my school mates don't like Mugen too. They find the game odd, looks lame and so on No which makes me hate the games that they play such as King of Fighters 2002 WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? 2297681634 I saw one of my school mates have their own Mugen game which was Mugen 01.01.2000, the very oldest Dos Mugen engine. Their roster was pretty cool with lots of different kind of characters, mostly from SNK and Capcom's fighting games. I remember they had one pokemon's character which was Jigglypuff Laughing There were many people watching them playing and kept on saying "what is that game? how come there is a evil chunli known as dark chunli? isn't that shadow lady from marvel vs. Capcom? No, that was dark chunli. She has got many moves different from Shadow Lady." I feel that most people complaint about Mugen most were very easy AI's opponents (I remembered one of my local guy was saying the CPU opponents are too easy, no challenge at all  No ), overpowered strong AI's opponents and the crash problem. Ever since then, I have never seen any of my local citizens playing Mugen anymore since most of them are playing other games.

Capcomnator wrote:

3 - the old mugen engine did cause crashes and closing the game abruptly and with bugs.
New Mugen engine 1.0/1.1 crash too depending on the characters added into the Mugen game. One of the creation is Ikaruga's characters: http://ikrgmugen.web.fc2.com/ WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? 4008376456
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW?   WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? EmptyDecember 12th 2017, 1:27 pm

Because they might think all free stuff like MUGEN is bad/poor? Question

I know some people (both in real-life and in e-life) do not like any free stuff at all; they keep thinking that they can get what they want for what they pay $$$ to.......... Neutral

And in my MUGEN opinion, a MUGEN full game making use of all original contents seems to have greater value than a MUGEN full game making use of all rips from existing source games. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW?   WHY DOES SOMEONE HATE MUGEN GAMES??? DO YOU KNOW? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1