The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Bridge Cliff Stage
Tarzan (Sprite Edit) Emptyby Charmugen Today at 9:27 pm

» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Tarzan (Sprite Edit) Emptyby Baelorn Today at 3:51 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Tarzan (Sprite Edit) Emptyby NightDevil123 Today at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Tarzan (Sprite Edit) Emptyby Doom Today at 6:35 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Tarzan (Sprite Edit)

Go down 
+4
Playing Enemy
yolomate
Doom
Tsuyoi
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tsuyoi

Tsuyoi

Tarzan (Sprite Edit) Empty
PostSubject: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 7:27 pm

Okay, I could not resist and did a sprite edit myself Tarzan (Sprite Edit) 311127478

Tarzan (Sprite Edit) Tarzan%20Edit%20-%20Comparision

*I know brucewayne74 used the old animated series as a base, but a like Tarzan with a long hair hahaha

Last edited by Tsuyoi on June 1st 2016, 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Editing Tarzan's Look   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 7:52 pm

Tsuyoi wrote:
Okay, I could not resist and did a sprite edit myself Tarzan (Sprite Edit) 311127478

Tarzan (Sprite Edit) Tarzan%20Edit%20-%20Comparision

*I know you used the old animated series as a base, but a like Tarzan with a long hair hahaha

I love it. Only be lacking erase that line in the chest that has the base. I do not know because nobody delete it ... Tarzan (Sprite Edit) 311127478
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 8:10 pm

this Tarzan!!! clap clap clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
Tsuyoi

Tsuyoi

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 8:16 pm

Wow, my comment evolved into a Topic lol
Back to top Go down
Playing Enemy

Playing Enemy

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 8:22 pm

Damn man, that looks great. Do you have plans to edit the rest of his sprites like this, or were you just messing around to see what he'd look like? Hopefully option 1.
Back to top Go down
Tsuyoi

Tsuyoi

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 8:22 pm

Well, if somebody want my edit and if brucewayne74 is okay with that, feel free to use it on a new sprite pack for Tarzan Tarzan (Sprite Edit) 670481599
Back to top Go down
Tsuyoi

Tsuyoi

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 8:24 pm

Playing Enemy wrote:
Damn man, that looks great. Do you have plans to edit the rest of his sprites like this, or were you just messing around to see what he'd look like? Hopefully option 1.

I just did it for fun hahaha

Who knows? But for now I guess I can't Tarzan (Sprite Edit) 1340147569
Back to top Go down
I-Skorp-I

I-Skorp-I

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 8:29 pm

Now THIS is a real Tarzan lol great Sprite edit bro look forward to downloading him! Tarzan (Sprite Edit) 670481599
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAay2Na3a66_BMAou7b_gjA
carpa5

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 8:41 pm

https://www.google.com.mx/search?hl=es&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1154&bih=659&q=savage+boy+dc+comics&oq=savage+boy+dc+comics&gs_l=img.3...1912.10668.0.11055.20.11.0.9.1.0.121.1029.7j4.11.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.11.955...0j0i30j0i19j0i30i19j0i5i30i19j0i8i30i19.z_g1F-iwBLM#hl=es&tbm=isch&q=kazar+dc+comics&imgrc=ymqMV-Rpy39oKM%3A
kazar from dc comics its a god idea to edit the sprites please send me the pallete and the sprite you did tsuyoi

Last edited by carpa5 on June 1st 2016, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chimoru

Chimoru

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 8:45 pm

Animated Series?

I thought he was using the old DC comics version.

Tarzan (Sprite Edit) Sm-237-joe-kubert-tarzan-cover
Tarzan (Sprite Edit) Latest?cb=20110629170632
Back to top Go down
Doom

Doom

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 9:02 pm

Both versions are valid. In the end I choose the old version with short hair. I have those old comics ... yes
Back to top Go down
https://doom783.wixsite.com/doomismia
Tsuyoi

Tsuyoi

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 9:12 pm

carpa5 wrote:
https://www.google.com.mx/search?hl=es&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1154&bih=659&q=savage+boy+dc+comics&oq=savage+boy+dc+comics&gs_l=img.3...1912.10668.0.11055.20.11.0.9.1.0.121.1029.7j4.11.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.11.955...0j0i30j0i19j0i30i19j0i5i30i19j0i8i30i19.z_g1F-iwBLM#hl=es&tbm=isch&q=kazar+dc+comics&imgrc=ymqMV-Rpy39oKM%3A
kazar from dc comics its a god idea to edit the sprites please send me the pallete and the sprite you did tsuyoi

I just have that sprite in the first comment dude bounce

Chimoru wrote:
Animated Series?

I thought he was using the old DC comics version.

I'm pretty sure that brucewayne74 used the "Tarzan: Lord of The Jungle" animation as a base lol

Tarzan (Sprite Edit) 0624-04tarzan

Back to top Go down
Tsuyoi

Tsuyoi

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 9:14 pm

Doom wrote:

Both versions are valid. In the end I choose the old version with short hair. I have those old comics ... yes

Now I saw it, he mixed both versions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Playing Enemy

Playing Enemy

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 1st 2016, 10:31 pm

Well that would be awesome if you did, but I won't blame you if you don't. I know how time consuming it can be for sure. I've been working on a similar project editing Jason Todd by Zvitor. All I'm doing is going over all his sprites and giving him his Red Hood since that is by far my preferred look for him, and completely doable, but damn, it gets boring really fast. If you did decide to do the whole character, why are you saying that you can't for now? Just curious. I'm gonna sigh if you say it's something to do with plagiarism or something like that, only because that is a dumb argument that I see get passed around every once and a while. Editing something to be something different isn't plagiarism or stealing, it's simply called creating. I was basically forced to adopt that way of thinking when I got my bachelor's degree from the Art Institute of Seattle. All my teachers stood firmly by that notion, and most of them are extremely successful artists that predominantly just recreate old art, and get this, legally sell it for A LOT of money. My Audio For Animation teacher claims that's mostly all he does for his professional studio work. He simply edits sounds to be slightly different so that they are now his sounds and can use them, uses them, sells them, rinses and repeats. He is completely able to make his own audio and does, but says he only does if he can't edit and save vast amounts of time. Can't say I blame him, and I truly cannot knock his thinking or his success. Same guy that did about 80% of the audio work for the LotR series movies, as well as Seasons 6-14 of The Simpsons, so who would I be to question him and tell him he's wrong?
Back to top Go down
Tsuyoi

Tsuyoi

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) EmptyJune 2nd 2016, 8:36 am

Playing Enemy wrote:
Well that would be awesome if you did, but I won't blame you if you don't. I know how time consuming it can be for sure. I've been working on a similar project editing Jason Todd by Zvitor. All I'm doing is going over all his sprites and giving him his Red Hood since that is by far my preferred look for him, and completely doable, but damn, it gets boring really fast. If you did decide to do the whole character, why are you saying that you can't for now? Just curious. I'm gonna sigh if you say it's something to do with plagiarism or something like that, only because that is a dumb argument that I see get passed around every once and a while. Editing something to be something different isn't plagiarism or stealing, it's simply called creating. I was basically forced to adopt that way of thinking when I got my bachelor's degree from the Art Institute of Seattle. All my teachers stood firmly by that notion, and most of them are extremely successful artists that predominantly just recreate old art, and get this, legally sell it for A LOT of money. My Audio For Animation teacher claims that's mostly all he does for his professional studio work. He simply edits sounds to be slightly different so that they are now his sounds and can use them, uses them, sells them, rinses and repeats. He is completely able to make his own audio and does, but says he only does if he can't edit and save vast amounts of time. Can't say I blame him, and I truly cannot knock his thinking or his success. Same guy that did about 80% of the audio work for the LotR series movies, as well as Seasons 6-14 of The Simpsons, so who would I be to question him and tell him he's wrong?

I can't for now because I'm really busy with my personal life this year Tarzan (Sprite Edit) 3855700884

But if I can work faster for a while, a friend called "dragonr..." said he can help me if I want Tarzan (Sprite Edit) 311127478 And as brucewayne74 said on Tarzan topic "It is a free char, everyone is free to change or improve my char", he is okay with that, but for real, I can't do this right now, and just that.

But in my opinion, it's not cool take stuff for other people without asking. As a artist and designer in real life, I know how this could hurt. In this specific situation, the creator is okay with that, but what if he was not? The only thing I could do is accept and respect his decision.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tarzan (Sprite Edit)   Tarzan (Sprite Edit) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tarzan (Sprite Edit)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next