The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Varia31's Next Project... You decide! Emptyby dev Today at 4:47 pm

» Crossover Battles in MUGEN
Varia31's Next Project... You decide! Emptyby dauragoncmikado Today at 9:20 am

» Gartanham Multiverse Nerds mugem Videos showcase!!!
Varia31's Next Project... You decide! Emptyby Shining Today at 2:34 am

» SEGA vs. Capcom Fighting Mega Stars Genesis (Full Game)
Varia31's Next Project... You decide! Emptyby Nexus Gaming Yesterday at 12:56 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Varia31's Next Project... You decide!

Go down 
3 posters

Which character should I make next?
8th Armored Infantry - Section 8 Series
Varia31's Next Project... You decide! I_vote_lcap67%Varia31's Next Project... You decide! I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
The Alien (Xenomorph) - Alien Series
Varia31's Next Project... You decide! I_vote_lcap33%Varia31's Next Project... You decide! I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

Varia31's Next Project... You decide! Empty
PostSubject: Varia31's Next Project... You decide!   Varia31's Next Project... You decide! EmptyApril 17th 2015, 1:25 am

So, while "Samus Remastered" is in the back of my mind as a possible future project, I have decided that there is one characrer out of two choices that I would like to do before that; the one chosen will be done first, while the other might resurface some other day in the future. I will of course start work on one of them some time after I finish Sweet Tooth! Now, these characters will be a lot simpler than my past too projects, having a not-too-complicated moveset, be more based around using special moves effectively, and have at least one Hyper.

Decisions, decisions... I leave it to you all to decide which character I pick. Please vote in the poll, and leave feedback on your thoughts on my ideas, as I could really use some input. Thank you!

Here are the characters, and a tidbit of information and ideas for each.

CHOICE #1

• 8th Armored Infantry trooper from "Section 8" and "Section 8: Prejudice"

Varia31's Next Project... You decide! 8tharmoredtest_by_varia31-d8pzeum
The USIF Powered Assault trooper from Section 8 would be more of a straight up brawler, with his "strong punch" utilizing his powered knife. Special moves would be exclusively projectiles, making use of his Hammer Pistol, Scimitar Assault Rifle, Ripsaw Machine Gun, Anvil Shotgun, Pulse Cannon, and Trident Rocket Launcher. For a Hyper, I would most likely have the trooper performing his Overdrive sprint to ram the enemy back-and-forth before finishing with something explosive, or what have you. His intro is pretty straightforward. Those who have played Section 8 would know this: 8th Armored deploy by getting launched out of a dropship that's practically in orbit and slamming into the ground without a parachute. Talk about hardcore. So yeah, he would show up on stage by falling from the sky.

CHOICE #2

• The Xenomorph from "Alien: Isolation"

Varia31's Next Project... You decide! Xenotest_by_varia31-d8pzeut
The Alien is pretty simple. It would make use of its claws, tail, and mouth for attacks. I think it would benefit from having its acid blood as a defense mechanism, triggered by taking lots of damage when an enemy is too close, and/or even work as a guard push. I have already located the Alien's proper sound effects from the game to download, so that's taken care of. Specials could include acid spit (as seen in "Alien: Resurrection"), lunges, and a grab that utilizes the creatures secondary inner mouth. I would give it the ability to crawl on the wall and attack from it, and for a Hyper, I would likely go with the Xenomorph pinning an enemy down so that a whole horde of Xenos can drop in and massacre the poor fellow. The thing is with this idea is that there are already some decent Xenomorphs available for Mugen that use the abilities I am suggesting, So if I did this, it would likely be a possibly better "remastering" of those other Xenos. Still, if this one is what's decided on, I would still gladly do it without hesitation!

----

Alright, that does it for the ideas. Please vote, and leave comments for me! I appreciate your support.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Varia31's Next Project... You decide!   Varia31's Next Project... You decide! EmptyApril 17th 2015, 4:13 am

I gave my vote to "8th Armored Infantry - Section 8 Series".

Even though I am not familiar with "Section 8" and I am more familiar with "Alien", the reason I gave my vote to "8th Armored Infantry - Section 8 Series" was quite simple:
- there are already some Alien MUGEN characters and there seems to have no "Section 8" MUGEN character(s) yet

Another reason would be, that your planned MUGEN game play of "USIF Powered Assault trooper" sounds more interesting than that of the "Alien".

If "Section 8" won over "Alien", then in the future if you decide to do "Alien" again, then I might suggest a movie-faithful game play to it -- something like it starts off with a Facehugger, then after it hugged a victim then it lays an egg inside the victim and then after some time a baby Alien hatched from the victim body (in MUGEN the victim may not die right away), then with game time passes on the baby Alien grows up fast and become an adult that can use your planned game play.
Of course this way some special MUGEN coding is needed (probably a lot of MUGEN Helper's to be used).  It it sounds much trouble to you then you might consider making the human-like Alien from Alien Resurrection:
Varia31's Next Project... You decide! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrEPR-99ZEfpGkaVv9_ipf06_egRmvrk9nDugQIJZ4LQnwtsjebw  because all existing MUGEN Alien conversions seem not to include this human-like version yet..........
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Varia31's Next Project... You decide!   Varia31's Next Project... You decide! EmptyApril 17th 2015, 9:28 am

the section 8 guy looks cooler Smile
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Varia31's Next Project... You decide!   Varia31's Next Project... You decide! EmptyApril 17th 2015, 10:20 am

borewood2013 wrote:
I gave my vote to "8th Armored Infantry - Section 8 Series".

Even though I am not familiar with "Section 8" and I am more familiar with "Alien", the reason I gave my vote to "8th Armored Infantry - Section 8 Series" was quite simple:
- there are already some Alien MUGEN characters and there seems to have no "Section 8" MUGEN character(s) yet

Another reason would be, that your planned MUGEN game play of "USIF Powered Assault trooper" sounds more interesting than that of the "Alien".

If "Section 8" won over "Alien", then in the future if you decide to do "Alien" again, then I might suggest a movie-faithful game play to it -- something like it starts off with a Facehugger, then after it hugged a victim then it lays an egg inside the victim and then after some time a baby Alien hatched from the victim body (in MUGEN the victim may not die right away), then with game time passes on the baby Alien grows up fast and become an adult that can use your planned game play.
Of course this way some special MUGEN coding is needed (probably a lot of MUGEN Helper's to be used).  It it sounds much trouble to you then you might consider making the human-like Alien from Alien Resurrection:
Varia31's Next Project... You decide! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrEPR-99ZEfpGkaVv9_ipf06_egRmvrk9nDugQIJZ4LQnwtsjebw  because all existing MUGEN Alien conversions seem not to include this human-like version yet..........
Thanks for your input!

The Alien life cycle gameplay sounds fun, but would be tricky. It would also depend on if I could get Facehugger and Chestburster models, though.

As for the Newborn, that would also require me getting a model of the creature. I'm rubbish at making actual sprites, so that puts a kink in that idea, I'm sorry to say. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Varia31's Next Project... You decide!   Varia31's Next Project... You decide! Empty

Back to top Go down

Varia31's Next Project... You decide!
Page 1 of 1