The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Making a secondary character? Emptyby BigPimp Today at 11:15 am

» Bridge Cliff Stage
Making a secondary character? Emptyby Charmugen Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» Captain Atom #31 - Brute Force!
Making a secondary character? Emptyby NightDevil123 Yesterday at 9:02 am

» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Making a secondary character? Emptyby Doom Yesterday at 6:35 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Making a secondary character?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Minun

Minun

Making a secondary character? Empty
PostSubject: Making a secondary character?   Making a secondary character? EmptyMarch 9th 2015, 6:02 am

Despite being a Mugen character maker since '09 (All of my stuff were unfortunately unarchived and neither did I save my old MUGEN since it took 10 gigs on my hardware.) I can NEVER make a second character behind the main one that copies your button pressing, jumps when you jump, moves and you move, and has the same combos as you which is what I mean by a "secondary character". That being said, how can I code a secondary character (as I described)
Back to top Go down
Minun

Minun

PostSubject: Re: Making a secondary character?   Making a secondary character? EmptyMarch 9th 2015, 6:29 pm

Please help... Rosalina's taunting looks weird without her little Luma thing.

Basically, it's a normal character, only it follows you around and copies your every move.
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Making a secondary character?   Making a secondary character? EmptyMarch 10th 2015, 6:43 am

Well, if I were not misunderstanding what you meant, then I guess using the Helper state controller might get what you want:

Here I used my MUGEN1.0\chars\kfm for an example:

Making a secondary character? 6hnXeKh
in case imgur not working for you....:

The making here:
In your MUGEN character CNS file under the [Statedef -3] line:

1) make a Helper called "KFM Double" (you shall use "Luma"):
Code:
[State -3, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(0) = 0   ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
trigger1 = 1
helpertype = player
pausemovetime = 999999
supermovetime = 999999
name = "KFM Double"   ;;;;;;;;;;; you may want to change it to your "Luma"
id = 0 ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
pos = 0, 0
postype = p1
stateno = StateNo ;;;;;;;;; I used "StateNo" just for an illustration, you may want to make your own Luma states
keyctrl = 1  ;;;;; this is for your "that copies your button pressing" need
ignorehitpause = 1

2) some care-taking for the made "KFM Double" Helper (you shall use "Luma"):
Code:
[State -3, Helper]
type = BindToRoot
triggerall = NumHelper(0) != 0  ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
triggerall = IsHelper(0)   ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
trigger1 = 1
time = 1
facing = 1
pos = -20, -20  ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change the positions to fit your "a second character behind the main one" need
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -3, Helper]
type = StateTypeSet
triggerall = NumHelper(0) != 0 ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
triggerall = IsHelper(0) ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
trigger1 = Root, StateType = S
statetype = S
physics = S
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -3, Helper]
type = StateTypeSet
triggerall = NumHelper(0) != 0 ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
triggerall = IsHelper(0) ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
trigger1 = Root, StateType = C
statetype = C
physics = C
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -3, Helper]
type = StateTypeSet
trigger1 = Root, StateType = A
statetype = A
physics = A
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -3, Helper]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = Root, StateNo != [5020,5150]
trigger1 = StateNo != Root, StateNo
value = Root, StateNo ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
ctrl = 1
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -3, Helper]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = NumHelper(0) != 0
triggerall = IsHelper(0)
trigger1 = Root, StateNo = [5020,5150]
value = Root, StateNo ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
ctrl = 0
ignorehitpause = 1

The result may have a chance to be buggy though.  You have to adjust everything yourself.
The idea is to make Helper that uses some of its parent's/root's states data. 

In your Luma case, you may want to make a Luma Helper that doesn't use Rosalina's states data and still acts like Rosalina and you have to work on Luma's get-hit states (if you want Luma to be able to get hits).
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Minun

Minun

PostSubject: Re: Making a secondary character?   Making a secondary character? EmptyMarch 10th 2015, 3:12 pm

borewood2013 wrote:
Well, if I were not misunderstanding what you meant, then I guess using the Helper state controller might get what you want:

Here I used my MUGEN1.0\chars\kfm for an example:

Making a secondary character? 6hnXeKh
in case imgur not working for you....:

The making here:
In your MUGEN character CNS file under the [Statedef -3] line:

1) make a Helper called "KFM Double" (you shall use "Luma"):
Code:
[State -3, Helper]
type = Helper
triggerall = NumHelper(0) = 0   ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
trigger1 = 1
helpertype = player
pausemovetime = 999999
supermovetime = 999999
name = "KFM Double"   ;;;;;;;;;;; you may want to change it to your "Luma"
id = 0 ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
pos = 0, 0
postype = p1
stateno = StateNo ;;;;;;;;; I used "StateNo" just for an illustration, you may want to make your own Luma states
keyctrl = 1  ;;;;; this is for your "that copies your button pressing" need
ignorehitpause = 1

2) some care-taking for the made "KFM Double" Helper (you shall use "Luma"):
Code:
[State -3, Helper]
type = BindToRoot
triggerall = NumHelper(0) != 0  ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
triggerall = IsHelper(0)   ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change "0" to a more suiting number for your "Luma"
trigger1 = 1
time = 1
facing = 1
pos = -20, -20  ;;;;;;;;; you may want to change the positions to fit your "a second character behind the main one" need
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -3, Helper]
type = StateTypeSet
trigger1 = Root, StateType = S
statetype = S
physics = S
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -3, Helper]
type = StateTypeSet
trigger1 = Root, StateType = C
statetype = C
physics = C
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -3, Helper]
type = StateTypeSet
trigger1 = Root, StateType = A
statetype = A
physics = A
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -3, Helper]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = Root, StateNo != [5020,5150]
ctrl = 1
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -3, Helper]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = NumHelper(0) != 0
triggerall = IsHelper(0)
trigger1 = Root, StateNo = [5020,5150]
ctrl = 0
ignorehitpause = 1

The result may have a chance to be buggy though.  You have to adjust everything yourself.
The idea is to make Helper that uses some of its parent's/root's states data. 

In your Luma case, you may want to make a Luma Helper that doesn't use Rosalina's states data and still acts like Rosalina and you have to work on Luma's get-hit states (if you want Luma to be able to get hits).

This worked for me. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Minun

Minun

PostSubject: Re: Making a secondary character?   Making a secondary character? EmptyMarch 11th 2015, 5:25 pm

How do I give it a life stat?
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Making a secondary character?   Making a secondary character? EmptyMarch 14th 2015, 6:22 am

PrincessOfTheGalaxy wrote:
How do I give it a life stat?

As far as I know, a MUGEN Helper is using the same life value of its Parent/Root.........so for example, KFM's life value = 1000 then all his Helper's are having the same life value = 1000.

Of course you can use LifeAdd and/or LifeSet to deliberately setup your Helper's life outline........ Wink
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a secondary character?   Making a secondary character? Empty

Back to top Go down

Making a secondary character?
Page 1 of 1