The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Dc V M dimensional wars-Superman WIP
Possible future project? Samus Remastered! Emptyby Shining Today at 1:16 am

» Ralaco's Mugen Combat
Possible future project? Samus Remastered! Emptyby ralaco Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Spider-man mugen pre-final (preview) version
Possible future project? Samus Remastered! Emptyby dev Yesterday at 4:47 pm

» Crossover Battles in MUGEN
Possible future project? Samus Remastered! Emptyby dauragoncmikado Yesterday at 9:20 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Possible future project? Samus Remastered!

Go down 
+3
X
Ax
Varia the Hunter
7 posters

Should I create this redux?
YES. DO IT!
Possible future project? Samus Remastered! I_vote_lcap50%Possible future project? Samus Remastered! I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
Hmm, maybe not.
Possible future project? Samus Remastered! I_vote_lcap7%Possible future project? Samus Remastered! I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Whatever you wanna do.
Possible future project? Samus Remastered! I_vote_lcap43%Possible future project? Samus Remastered! I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

Possible future project? Samus Remastered! Empty
PostSubject: Possible future project? Samus Remastered!   Possible future project? Samus Remastered! EmptyFebruary 10th 2015, 10:39 am

While I've been working on Sweet Tooth, I've still been keeping my eyes peeled for some kind of shiny new model of the Prime-style Samus, or something else. Well, as it turns out, someone managed to rip the model of Samus from the newest Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game! SO. I've heavily been considering making a "remastered" Samus character after I finish Sweet Tooth. She wouldn't simply be remastered, though, what I really mean is "revamped" (or "reloaded", if you will)! I know, it's a character I've already done, but I just love Samus so much, and I want to really do her justice. As such, if I carry this out, she will play completely differently from my first version.

I envision her being more of straight-up long range based, with good, but not overly powerful projectile play, and it being all she uses until an enemy gets close enough, switching her to a hand-to-hand fighting style, utilizing quick and powerful punches, kicks, and having a few different grab moves. I would love to implement a more acrobatic wrestling style, true to her games. To balance this out, the projectiles wouldn't do much guard damage, if any at all, and wouldn't be too strong, whereas her close range attacks would be very strong and quick, with good combos, but overall limited compared to other characters. However, it would be more rewarding to use hand-to-hand.

What do you all think of this fighting style idea? Sound good? Have a better idea? Let me know! Just bear in mind that Samus' character even prefers long range, and is known for her firepower, but uses hand-to-hand if the situation calls for it.

Lastly, here is a test pose for her idle state that I already took the liberty of making. I also tested and found that alternate palettes might be doable with this one, because of how I made the sprite. She currently has a working Gravity Suit palette, but I don't have an image right now.

Possible future project? Samus Remastered! Idle_by_varia31-d8hgc53 COMPARE TO THIS -> Possible future project? Samus Remastered! Old_idle_by_varia31-d8hged2

So, should I go through with it after I finish Sweet Tooth? I know, I'm the type that likes to plan ahead, but I'm not getting ahead of myself. Razz Please vote, and more importantly, please leave a feedback comment! I want to hear what y'all think! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Possible future project? Samus Remastered!   Possible future project? Samus Remastered! EmptyFebruary 10th 2015, 6:03 pm

they both look good, I wouldn't say redo the entire old one. Maybe just match the palette with an .act file and remake the stance to face like the new render.

You could easily cut the work for yourself and just edit what you all ready have. Just implement the new ideas in there.

Though if you don't mind the extra work then yeah, start all over and give it all you got if she is really your passion choice. Either way, Metroid fans will appreciate more Samus Aran! samus
Back to top Go down
X

PostSubject: Re: Possible future project? Samus Remastered!   Possible future project? Samus Remastered! EmptyFebruary 10th 2015, 8:38 pm

Wii U Samus looks really cool. Possible future project? Samus Remastered! 670481599 I like the idea of having her fighting style long range too. I really like your Ridley and I would like to see what new things you make with future wips. Maybe instead of making a Samus with her armor would you rather do a Zero Suit Samus? Smile
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Possible future project? Samus Remastered!   Possible future project? Samus Remastered! EmptyFebruary 11th 2015, 4:04 am

I don't know if you wan't to do it, then be my guest, im completly neutral to this idea
But if you do want to know my opinion her new model (the one that is ripped from super smash bros) looks alot better
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Possible future project? Samus Remastered!   Possible future project? Samus Remastered! EmptyFebruary 11th 2015, 9:06 am

Ax wrote:
they both look good, I wouldn't say redo the entire old one. Maybe just match the palette with an .act file and remake the stance to face like the new render. You could easily cut the work for yourself and just edit what you all ready have. Just implement the new ideas in there.
Editing and redoing moves might be a good idea, but I think I'd rather start her from scratch, since she'll have a whole new fighting style. I appreciate the suggestion, though.

X wrote:
Wii U Samus looks really cool. Possible future project? Samus Remastered! 670481599 I like the idea of having her fighting style long range too. I really like your Ridley and I would like to see what new things you make with future wips. Maybe instead of making a Samus with her armor would you rather do a Zero Suit Samus? Smile
Glad you think so! I might do a Zero Suit Samus some time in the future. Also, I never made a Ridley. You might be thinking of BaganSmashBros' Ridley? Wink

Mistah Jorge wrote:
I don't know if you wan't to do it, then be my guest, im completly neutral to this idea
But if you do want to know my opinion her new model (the one that is ripped from super smash bros) looks alot better
I'm heavily leaning towards it. That's for sure. I agree, the new model looks WAY better. I'm also happy that palettes seem to work, unlike my previous creations.
Back to top Go down
galactus

galactus

PostSubject: Re: Possible future project? Samus Remastered!   Possible future project? Samus Remastered! EmptyFebruary 11th 2015, 11:28 am

I agree that the new samus does look a lot better than the old one (wow Shocked )
and I really like your idea's for her moves etc as well personally ...sounds great, also
if the palettes work better with the new samus too

then that sounds like a good idea to me Varia....I like the idea a lot personally Possible future project? Samus Remastered! 670481599 Smile
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Possible future project? Samus Remastered!   Possible future project? Samus Remastered! EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 2:36 pm

So, beside the obvious sprites update, you want to make one that has different game play than your previous "VariaThirtyOneSamus-FinalPatch"?  Well, I say "YES. DO IT!"

More hand-to-hand fighting style?  Sounds good!  Oh I just ripped the updated Samus from Super Smash Flash 2 v0.9b1978, perhaps it might help you brainstorm some hand-to-hand move ideas for your "Remastered Samus":

ssf2v0.9b1978 samus rips sample:
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Possible future project? Samus Remastered!   Possible future project? Samus Remastered! EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 3:21 pm

borewood2013 wrote:
So, beside the obvious sprites update, you want to make one that has different game play than your previous "VariaThirtyOneSamus-FinalPatch"?  Well, I say "YES. DO IT!"

More hand-to-hand fighting style?  Sounds good!  Oh I just ripped the updated Samus from Super Smash Flash 2 v0.9b1978, perhaps it might help you brainstorm some hand-to-hand move ideas for your "Remastered Samus":

ssf2v0.9b1978 samus rips sample:
Well, more hand-to-hand moves than before, but that's for when someone gets close enough. Otherwise, Samus will stick to using her weapons.

And thanks, perhaps I'll use this for some inspiration! Although I'll probably go for more of the acrobatic wrestling style she uses in her games. I mean, she'll still have kicks and punches of course, but also a lot more quicker attacks, and especially grabs. I think counterattacks would fit as well, since she uses those quite a bit.

Something I'd definitely want to incorporate is her Lethal Strike and Overblast attacks from Other M. With Lethal Strike, it usually involves grabbing an enemy and holding them down for a point-blank Charge Shot, whereas an Overblast is a point blank Charge Shot that's fired whilst standing on an enemy's head. That could be an aerial attack right there! It could work like a grab would.
Back to top Go down
Navana

Navana

PostSubject: Re: Possible future project? Samus Remastered!   Possible future project? Samus Remastered! EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 6:29 pm

Good luck on this, honey~! Using the Super Smash Bros 4 model sounds like it could provide some fresh concepts and ideas for a Samus not yet made in the Mugenverse. The ideas for your grabs and wrestling-related moves sound very interesting as well! Will be reading for updates~!
Back to top Go down
X

PostSubject: Re: Possible future project? Samus Remastered!   Possible future project? Samus Remastered! EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 9:06 pm

Oops, Sorry for the confusion lol! Yes, I was thinking of BaganSmashBros' Ridley. Smile
Good Luck if you do decide to do Samus Armor and Zero Suit Samus. Possible future project? Samus Remastered! 670481599
Back to top Go down
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Possible future project? Samus Remastered!   Possible future project? Samus Remastered! EmptyFebruary 13th 2015, 10:47 am

BTW you might wanna try this!

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/turn-3d-models-pixel-art-164991.0.html

You could convert 3D into 2D. I wouldn't mind having the best Samus ever in mugen you know LOL

Possible future project? Samus Remastered! 311127478

It would be an honor if you would trump my 2D Samus. samus Your characters are the best! yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible future project? Samus Remastered!   Possible future project? Samus Remastered! Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible future project? Samus Remastered!
Page 1 of 1