The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Rose Mary from Asura Buster WIP
Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) Emptyby Doom Today at 6:35 am

» King Shark Base Idea
Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) Emptyby Doom Today at 6:33 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) Emptyby Doom Today at 6:18 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Word Association Game <--
Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) Emptyby Doom Today at 6:17 am

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)

Go down 
+5
Trololo
Varia the Hunter
dfalcon
Ax
BaganSmashBros
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BaganSmashBros

BaganSmashBros

Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) Empty
PostSubject: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 8th 2014, 10:39 am

Well, since i am not very creative about names, i didn't gave this game one. It won't include SSB and i need ideas for name.
Anyway, hello there, i am not very well known MUGEN character creator. Recently, i though about starting this project mostly because if Ridley and K.Rool isn't playable while Ganondorf is a C.Falcon clone in SSB4, then i need to have them playable at least somewhere with not-clone Ganondorf. And since MUGEN isn't as limited as SSB, i decided to start this project. Once again, i will use 3D models for sprites because making new sprites requires too much time. And once again, i am working on that completly alone. I guess it is easier because i don't have to tell anyone how something should be done.
Lets start with the roster:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Note: some of the models will be edited before i will start working on characters that use those models. For example, Ridley's textures will be recolored to make him look like his SSBB version (or SSB4 version if he is playable). Also, this is not all of the characters that will be used. There is list of them below. Meta Ridley is replaced by Dark Samus as a boss and will be separate release, not in this game. Why? Dark Samus has more awesome attacks. Life bars used in images won't be used for this project.
Each franchise will have only 2 playable characters and both should be very important.
Mario:
Mario (duh)
Bowser (SSB4 textures)
Legend of Zelda:
Link
Ganondorf (Ocarina of Time 3D model, uses sword, melee attacks and magic)
Pokemon:
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Metroid:
Samus (SSB4/Other M model)
Ridley (edited Other M model, thanks to Angelglory from smashboards for the original model)
Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong (duh)
(King) K.Rool (need ideas for this one)
Kirby:
Kirby (duh)
Meta Knight (just because there is too many big villains to add Dedede instead and he is awesome...i like Dedede too)
That is all for now. Yeah, not too much, but it is only start. As you can see, there is enough fanservice. No, RIGHT kind of fanservice. One that is always safe for work (SFW). When i will finish those guys and after some time, i will start adding other characters from SSB (for N64) without villains for them of course. Then i will start adding Melee franchises.

About the most important part gameplay: each character uses 4 buttons for basic attacks, 1 separate button for throw and another one for launcher attack. All of playable characters has specials, hypers, all of that stuff + one One-Hit KO attack that requires player to fill a special meter to use and it won't be that easy to balance it. Kinda like a Final Smash. Also, no wavedashing, so, this game will suck...right? At least there won't be any accidental tripping. Most (or even all) characters won't properly work in normal MUGEN, so, don't try to put them in your normal MUGEN. Overall, close to that MvC gameplay my characters had. This game will use MUGEN 1.1 because it is just better than previous versions.

Stage list:
...dunno, but there will be this Norfair:
Just without that red glow/tint thing.

Don't expect me to add a lot of Metroid stuff - i like all of the franchises (Metroid is my favourite one out of all of them, mostly because of Ridley) except for DK and LoZ because i didn't played any of the games from this franchises (but Hyrule Warriors looks great, so, i will use it for Ganondorf's moveset). Also, no 3rd party characters. At all. No Sonic, Shadow, Snake, Mega Man, etc. and no 4th party characters like Goku. Even if there will be 3rd party characters, it will most likely be Sonic and maybe Mega Man.

As for bosses...well, i only know that i will add Dark Samus. Need other ideas for bosses like that. Maybe Zant or Ghirahim, i don't know.

I will credit authors of some of those models and textures.
Now i need to create website or something to post updates on.

My animation skills improved recently, so, here is the result of having more time and better skills:
Before:
After:
I will fix that leg sliding of course. Ignore those dead grey eyes - they are actually orange, it is just that program i used screwed up animation colors a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://bagansmashbros.deviantart.com/
Ax

Ax

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 8th 2014, 10:57 am

Very ambitious project! This is awesome and even more cool is that you are able to do it to on account of your previous releases and work history. This should get plenty of attention to because the models are 3D and this could very well be a smash game much like Nintendos game.

This is going to be grand because mugen will make a smash game more available to everyone and it's free to which is even better. cheers
Back to top Go down
dfalcon

dfalcon

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 8th 2014, 9:44 pm

i can make stages for you if you need stage help characters im not to good of help with
Back to top Go down
BaganSmashBros

BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 8th 2014, 9:49 pm

dfalcon wrote:
i can make stages for you if you need stage help characters im not to good of help with
Yes i need stage help mostly. Will you need just sprites as resources or something else too?
Back to top Go down
Varia the Hunter

Varia the Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 8th 2014, 10:23 pm

Wishing you the best of luck on this! You've got some great stuff in the making here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Varia31
dfalcon

dfalcon

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 8th 2014, 11:34 pm

it up to you man i can figure thing out too if needed Smile
i had a few zelda one started a wile back i can get back into it again for this Smile
just give me a screen size and will be on are way ^_^
Back to top Go down
BaganSmashBros

BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 9th 2014, 12:30 am

dfalcon wrote:
it up to you man i can figure thing out too if needed Smile
i had a few zelda one started a wile back i can get back into it again for this Smile
just give me a screen size and will be on are way ^_^
Then i will prepare sprites for you.
Which area was this stage based off?
Use my Norfair stage as example.
Back to top Go down
dfalcon

dfalcon

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 9th 2014, 12:35 am

i had started a skyward sword level based off skyview
Back to top Go down
BaganSmashBros

BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 9th 2014, 1:30 am

dfalcon wrote:
i had started a skyward sword level based off skyview
Could you show it through PM?

I chosed some of the stages that will be included:
Halberd (Kirby)
Norfair (Metroid, 100% done)
Bowser's Castle (Mario)
Rumble Falls (Donkey Kong)
Ganondorf's Tower/Castle (Legend of Zelda, not sure)
Back to top Go down
Trololo

Trololo

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 9th 2014, 3:09 am

You need a help with ideas?
Well, I can try, ok? You only say with what ideas you need helps.
Back to top Go down
http://troshack.blogspot.com/
BaganSmashBros

BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 9th 2014, 3:20 am

Trololo wrote:
You need a help with ideas?
Well, I can try, ok? You only say with what ideas you need helps.
I need mostly ideas for movesets of characters i don't know well enough, like K.Rool and Mario (i know who they are, but i don't know well enough what they can do since i need at least 10 not basic attacks). And, of course, i don't know which stages i should choose for DK and Kirby other than Halberd of course.
Back to top Go down
RizFR

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 9th 2014, 5:08 am

For your KKRool you could use his n64 boss fight for moveset (see on super mario wiki). Since we cannot import your char in our mugen (very sad, especially for your ganondorf) i advice you to set your bosses as playables or unlockables character, for fun and to complete the roster. For boss ideas, what about Ganon in his beast form from OOT ? Or from Zelda twilight...

Oh and if possible, at last, dont molebox your game, cause many SSB chars like ganondorf (from twiligth) has been created and so it should be awesome to have the possibility to add mugen chars.

Another boss idea : Nightmare (from kirby games)
Back to top Go down
BaganSmashBros

BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 9th 2014, 6:23 am

RizFR wrote:
For your KKRool you could use his n64 boss fight for moveset (see on super mario wiki). Since we cannot import your char in our mugen (very sad, especially for your ganondorf) i advice you to set your bosses as playables or unlockables character, for fun and to complete the roster. For boss ideas, what about Ganon in his beast form from OOT ? Or from Zelda twilight...

Oh and if possible, at last, dont molebox your game, cause many SSB chars like ganondorf (from twiligth) has been created and so it should be awesome to have the possibility to add mugen chars.

Another boss idea : Nightmare (from kirby games)
I will use that as part of the moveset. I already know where i can get those boxing gloves, so, getting models for them isn't a problem.
I don't have OoT3D Ganon model, so, i can't use it. but i will try to find Nightmare's.
I will convert them all later to normal MUGEN. They will just have some stuff that may not properly work with other characters like extra hit sprites, lethal strike poses, etc. Its not that i don't want those characters to be used outside this game. I just don't want those characters to be used outside this game with major glitches and few minor bugs.
Back to top Go down
X

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 9th 2014, 5:12 pm

Very cool project Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) 670481599
If you need some ideas for Mario, how about moves similar to Super Smash Bros series
A yellow cape that would deflect projectiles.
A mallet from his first game.
Fire ball or a charging fire ball for more damage maybe something similar to Ryu.
How about a move where he jumps and does a stomp on the opponent.
A sliding move/sweep.
Spin move in place.
Would be really cool if you can make him tranform to his other costumes such as the Hammer Bros or he would summon a star that would make him invincible for a little bit.
Just a thought for Mario moveset hope you like them.

For Kiby stage have you consider this one...

Would be really awesome if you could put Skull Kid with Majora Mask from Majora Mask as a boss or playable character. cheers
Good Luck with your project. Smile
Back to top Go down
BaganSmashBros

BaganSmashBros

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) EmptySeptember 9th 2014, 6:08 pm

Thanks for ideas. I will use some of the custom versions of Mario's specials from SSB4 like normal fireball and large fireball, normal Coin Shoryuken and that one with fire. Not sure about just stomping. Sliding kick will be used as dash attack.
About Skull Kid - i think there never was a normal boss battle with him, so, it will be hard to give him attacks that don't include the Moon. If i will add him, then i will add the Moon too. If it will fall on 2nd round (it just comes closer in 1st), then fight is over (3rd round will end with just text "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?").

Also, i won't add Final Destination or SSB bosses (except for maybe Rayquaza).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)   Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas) Empty

Back to top Go down

Unnamed SSB (kinda) project (need ideas)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next