The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Soul Calibur Edits
Control two characters at the same time?! Emptyby animaraz Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» Mr Sinister 1.0 update
Control two characters at the same time?! Emptyby dev Yesterday at 2:22 pm

» DemoGoblin for Easter Egg event 2024
Control two characters at the same time?! Emptyby Doom May 27th 2024, 6:13 pm

» Lasombra's Interactive Stages' WIP Topic
Control two characters at the same time?! Emptyby LasombraDemon May 26th 2024, 6:40 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Control two characters at the same time?!

Go down 
+2
yolomate
Mistah Jorge
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

Control two characters at the same time?! Empty
PostSubject: Control two characters at the same time?!   Control two characters at the same time?! EmptyAugust 29th 2014, 11:52 am

I know there are some people who knows about this and probably there is a tuturial about this around here,  but i'm too lazy to look it up...
Anyways, this is something that i figured out when i was playng with the debug keys (not F1, or F2, etc...) it is with ctr + (number of the character)...

SO GO AHEAD AND TRY FOR YOURSELF:

--> Open Mugen

--> Select team arcade

--> Select you and your partner

--> And after the intro (i think you can do this even after the match has started) press ctrl + 3 (wich is the number of your partner).

SO this debug comand is basically for controlling a CPU controlled character, the number of the character depends on how many characters are figthing: in 1 vs 1 the character on the left side is number 1 and the oponent is number two, in 2 vs 1/2 the number 1 and number 3 are in the left side, 2 and 4 are in the right side, if you use the debug comand on a character that is already being controlled by a player you will no longer control it, unless of course you use the debug command again

So try it out, it's very fun to play this way, one thing you can do is choose both you and your partner the same character in the match, use the debug comand, align both characters, and play like if it was playng 1 vs 1/2 match (if you use a hyper move lvl 1 both characters will do the hyper, even if you only have enough power for one lvl 1 hyper)

Or you can choose two different characters for you and your partner and do insane combos (ramdomnly or planned) it's awesome seriously

If one of your characters gets knocked out, you still have the other one to control

Just Make sure you and your partner have the same style (i highly recommed Mvc) because some characters are 6-buttoned or 4-buttoned or even 2-buttoned

Make sure you have the debug keys turned on (i think it's in the mugen cfg file)

(If in arcade) you have to use the debug command every match

SO have fun, and tell me what do you think...  Very Happy  (PS: I will probably make a video just because of this)

Last edited by jorge.timtim on August 29th 2014, 6:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
yolomate

yolomate

PostSubject: Re: Control two characters at the same time?!   Control two characters at the same time?! EmptyAugust 29th 2014, 12:00 pm

lol! lol! lol! great data!!
Back to top Go down
Werewood

Werewood

PostSubject: Re: Control two characters at the same time?!   Control two characters at the same time?! EmptyAugust 30th 2014, 3:14 am

I seldom play with MUGEN team mode.  I just tried your "Ctrl+3" way and it was quite a fun to control both characters at the same time!  Control two characters at the same time?! 2800933067

I think a MUGEN character might be able to be coded for this specific "Ctrl+3" way.
There is a "trigger1 = TeamMode = Simul" Trigger to detect such team mode.

Does anyone know a way to make the "Ctrl+3" effect stay forever even after the MUGEN program is restarted?
Back to top Go down
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Midnight-Son

PostSubject: Re: Control two characters at the same time?!   Control two characters at the same time?! EmptyAugust 30th 2014, 6:08 am

This is all news to me
good to know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueSpiderX

BlueSpiderX

PostSubject: Re: Control two characters at the same time?!   Control two characters at the same time?! EmptyAugust 30th 2014, 6:22 am

JUST TRIED IT, AND IT WAS AWESOME !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chimoru

Chimoru

PostSubject: Re: Control two characters at the same time?!   Control two characters at the same time?! EmptyAugust 30th 2014, 8:09 am

Well Ctrl+number is basically the way to toggle between AI and controlled mode for any character. I haven't tried, but you could probably do the same thing to disable opponents by shutting theirs off. I don't think it would give you control of them though. Razz

What I noticed it that sometimes, if it is times right, you can get both of them to do a hyper, but it subtracts from the hyper gauge as if only one of them is.
Back to top Go down
Mistah Jorge

Mistah Jorge

PostSubject: Re: Control two characters at the same time?!   Control two characters at the same time?! EmptyAugust 30th 2014, 8:37 am

Chimoru wrote:
Well Ctrl+number is basically the way to toggle between AI and controlled mode for any character.  I haven't tried, but you could probably do the same thing to disable opponents by shutting theirs off. I don't think it would give you control of them though. Razz

What I noticed it that sometimes, if it is times right, you can get both of them to do a hyper, but it subtracts from the hyper gauge as if only one of them is.
That's right, you got it ^^.
BTW i tried to make a video about this but i didn't maki it FRAPS only record 27 seconds of the video and Hypercam 3 lags ALOT!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Control two characters at the same time?!   Control two characters at the same time?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Control two characters at the same time?!
Page 1 of 1