The Mugen Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!! - Bienvenidos!!! - ( We hope you will get involved in the MMV Community which is dedicated to having fun with Mugen ) - Bienvenidos!!! - Welcome!!!

PortalHomeFAQMemberlistLatest imagesUsergroupsSearchRegisterComic WIP TrackerDownloadsLog inChat
Website Navigation Help
Translate the Website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» SFA2 "Lost Island - Japan" Akuma (Gouki) Stage V-2.0 For MUGEN 1.1 and IKEMEN-Go
Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 Emptyby Tiger-Boy Today at 1:51 pm

» MegaMan X Release Iris Update
Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 Emptyby Nexus Gaming Today at 9:37 am

» --> [SPAM GAME] - Alphabet Soup! <--
Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Today at 1:20 am

» Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn goes breakdancing in MUGEN! (MUGEN X 矢澤ないん)
Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 Emptyby Shining Yesterday at 7:23 pm

Special Features at MMV

Chat on MMV w/ Discord

Video Content Creation Reference
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*)

Go down 
+5
Adminbot
Mistah Jorge
Red Hood
Midnight-Son
Pingurules
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pingurules

Pingurules

Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*)   Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 EmptyJuly 29th 2014, 8:13 am

jorge.timtim wrote:
why is he called "segami"?

(Oh i miss mmv Crying or Very sad)

Because everyone calls him "Luigi MARIO", so even though he is not supposed to have a last name I made one up for him. It is Italian like the brothers.

Also, who is mmv?
Back to top Go down
http://pingurules.deviantart.com/
Pingurules

Pingurules

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*)   Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 3rd 2014, 10:18 am

Can someone give me a review of this character?
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*)   Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 5th 2014, 9:29 pm

i liked what you did in general with him Smile
- good job with the custom work
- cool concept with the grab
- after the launcher, the jump doesn't match up to break into air combos
- about half of your ground basics don't chain into one another very well
- some of your command strings are awkward. for example, you can have d,df,f+a do something different than d,df,f+b
- sprite style on mario for the brother team up hyper doesn't match
- couldn't get the mario kart hyper to work at all
- triple trouble looks weird up close to P2
- didn't quite get what the mushroom hyper was trying to do
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Pingurules

Pingurules

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*)   Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 6th 2014, 10:07 am

volzzilla wrote:
- after the launcher, the jump doesn't match up to break into air combos

Well, it works for me. Maybe the versions of MUGEN are different?  Wink Tell me if Luigi jumps too high or too low, then I can give you the velset to work in Fighter Factory yourself.

volzzilla wrote:
- about half of your ground basics don't chain into one another very well

I'll try to add more "chain" in it, but Luigi Segami is more of a "power" than "combo" type character. But if you like combos I will probably add some more chain to it.
(If you want combos, my preferred combo is x, y, (crouch)a, b, Hand Smash, Sweep Kick, c. Wait till opponent gets up, a, (crouch), y, z, (super jump) mash buttons, c.)

volzzilla wrote:
- some of your command strings are awkward. for example, you can have d,df,f+a do something different than d,df,f+b

They do the same thing.  riiiggghhht Maybe you could have pressed the button wrong, like instead of d, df, f, a, you did, b, f, a? It's a different command.

volzzilla wrote:
- sprite style on mario for the brother team up hyper doesn't match
I can't find matching sprites save for this one and Ax's Mario but because Windows 888888888888888 is a troll every single image I upload gets completely distorted with the palette and the game crashes. Vista, on the other hand...
(*Windows 8*  Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 2297681634 )

volzzilla wrote:
- couldn't get the mario kart hyper to work at all
This isn't version 0.7 so it isn't in the character yet. It's Version 0.6A if you didn't know.  Wink 

volzzilla wrote:
- triple trouble looks weird up close to P2
Why? I think it's fine, is it the hit spark?

volzzilla wrote:
- didn't quite get what the mushroom hyper was trying to do
Press Shift + F2 on your MUGEN, then use the mushroom hyper. There's a 10% chance you might kill yourself though.  Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 311127478 
(In short, it recovers HP or restores power depending on what mushroom you get. More detailed information is in the readme.)

Hope I clarified everything.  yes 
Back to top Go down
volzzilla

volzzilla

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*)   Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2014, 6:01 pm

- he jumps too low. i use mugen 1.0
- you misunderstood me when said, "some of your command strings are awkward. for example, you can have d,df,f+a do something different than d,df,f+b". what i'm meaning is that alot of your command strings are awkward. to adjust that, you can make similar commands like d,df,f+a and d,df,f+b do different things. ala, i used that as an example
- misunderstood you about the mario kart hyper not being ready when testing
- i just thought triple trouble looked a little weird up close. hard to pinpoint exactly why, but it may be the way the projectile and hitsparx look together
- thanx for the info on the mushroom
Back to top Go down
https://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
Pingurules

Pingurules

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*)   Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 EmptyAugust 9th 2014, 9:31 pm

volzzilla wrote:
- he jumps too low. i use mugen 1.0
Well, I'll try fixing that. In the meantime, try setting the y velset to -9.2 instead of -8.8.

volzzilla wrote:
- you misunderstood me when said, "some of your command strings are awkward. for example, you can have d,df,f+a do something different than d,df,f+b". what i'm meaning is that alot of your command strings are awkward. to adjust that, you can make similar commands like d,df,f+a and d,df,f+b do different things. ala, i used that as an example
It's more of a character with different variants of power based on his attacks, so I can't do d,df,f+a and d,df,f+b do different things.

volzzilla wrote:
- i just thought triple trouble looked a little weird up close. hard to pinpoint exactly why, but it may be the way the projectile and hitsparx look together
They're kinda supposed to be together.  silent 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*)   Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luigi Segami (V0.6) (*Major update*)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2